Song section info not updated in psarc when adding DD

PoizenJam

How does the the 'add DD' functionality works in CFSM?

I ask because, If I repair a song/add DD, I notice that the psarc's metadata does not reflect the updated section info (name, startTime, endTime). This seems to trip up add on programs like Rocksniffer when functions attempt to poll or reference the section info. I've noticed CFSM's own arrangement grid also doesn't reflect the updated/added DD.

Is this the intended behaviour? I'm not even sure how Rocksmith 2014 reads the updated section info since I cannot find it anywhere in the arrangement file.

UPDATE-

After some troubleshooting I've realized the section metadata contained in the psarc arrangement is not what defines the sections in LAS, score attack, or riff repeater. There's usually a 1:1 correspondence between section metadata and in-game DD/riff repeater sections for official Rocksmith 2014 content, but not for RS1 or repaired DD content, and that's what caused the confusion.

UPDATE2-

Yes, Phrase (and PhraseIteration info, a closer analogue to sections) is contained in the PSARC files as data separate from the sections info. Seems the RS2014 devs treated sections and phrases mostly as synonyms, but the RS1 devs did not- and neither does CFSM. Hence my earlier problems with add-on programs that attempt to read section info to generate & track stats.

• Like 1