CDLC intermittently goes missing on Steam

1ndy

Question

Am on a Mac playing along via Steam, successfully using both CDLC from others and CDLC that I've created myself.  Am finding that new CDLC is a bit slow to appear in the list of songs, or that songs I've played in the preceding days is missing, despite multiple RS and Steam restarts...eventually the missing CDLC seems to return.

Does anyone have a handle on what/how Steam is doing when determining which content is available/new?

I decided to "play offline" a few days ago when I was testing phrases/sections and found that being offline meant that nothing new was appearing in the list of songs displayed.

Normally, I find that restarting Steam, waiting a few long minutes before using the RSInjector to initiate RS provides fairly reliable results, but sometimes Steam will have been running for 30 mins or longer and some previously played CDLC is missing.....despite it's presence in /dlc.

2 answers to this question

Some days ago we discovered an issue concerning the Arrangement IDs of two songs. These two CDLCs had different names but the arrangements shared the same IDs. As result only one of the two CDLCs showed up in RS. Maybe you have the same issue. Write down the names of the songs that are disappearing and compare the Arrangement IDs of them using the RSToolkit.

Thanks for the info about the arrangement ID duplication.

What seems to get me around the problem is to quit back to the "Begin" prompt, then rather than confirming the quit, hit "enter" to restart, re-select profile....the missing tracks are back.

It could be something to do with the way that RSInjector initiates RS on Steam for OSX.