Price Check: BC Rich WMD Widow Bass

ViciousXUSMC

Hey everyone,

Rocksmith has really propelled me to do something I wanted to do since childhood, pick up and play a guitar.

I may never get as good as if I did start young, or go play any gigs but I am still enjoying playing at home and also getting my kids into it.

Now since I have not been "in the scene" I am not the best at knowing what is a good deal or not when buying a guitar/bass.

My buddy got me to look around on craigslist and I found a bass that really yelled out to me the BC Rich WMD Widow.  I wanted a  35" scale 5 string bass and this actually is one of the cheaper I have found and looks pretty sick to boot.

I already bought it, and love it.  

I negotiated $500 for it, and it had just a few minor cosmetic blemishes.

It did have a broken tuner (did not know this until I took off the strings) and I thought it had a stripped out strap button but it was just somebody put a screw in that was smaller than the default (probably had some after market strap locks on it and put cheap ones on when they sold it)

Since I could not for the life of me find a matching grover tuner anywhere, and it has some bad neck dive I replaced all the tuners with hipshot ultralights, and I replaced the strap buttons with schaller strap lock buttons.

So I am in maybe $625 or so at this point.

For those in the know, was this a fair deal or did I mess up on this one?