CustomsForge database search filter request

XeroOmega

Question

Hi there, first I’ll point out i love the new site, as opposed to smithy anvil this is a place where i can find songs a lot easier on a better interface, without features being taken away(search namely)

What i would like to suggest(please excuse me if it's been suggested before, i did a little poking and did not find a definite answer),

I would really love a tracking feature on the database on a per account basis. I would like to be able to mark which songs i have downloaded in the past and have the system notify me when there is an update to that release.

Basically, My collection is getting fairly large, and it's becoming harder and harder to know,

1 if a song i downloaded previously has had an update,

2 To know what songs i have downloaded previously so i don't grab them again.

this is how i envision it working.

I log into my account and goto the database,

There is a new field that is just for marking, Left blank until set.

When i choose to download a song i can also choose to put a check in this table.(or not)

When the creator updates said song, All checks(for all accounts) become a dash(indicating the song i have checked has been updated),

At which point i could re-download and update that song and change the dash back to a check.

Remember this is just a suggestion and im sure a better implementation could be devised with more than 5 minutes of thinking. Thanks for your time, till then, I’ll be frequently...frequenting the site. Also if there is something I’m missing through sheer obliviousness let me know.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet