DRUM MOD!

Major_Chaos

Question

Any guru's of guitar willing to help me start a drum mod based on the existing guitar input?? 

I have a set of pearl E-pro live drums , they patch into my system via usb midi cable and allow me to send real time data to my computer. IF i have my brain pointing in the right direction there SHOULD be a way to take the 6 input streams from the guitar and allow a 6 drum hijack for some experimentation on how to go about a full outright drum expansion for rocksmith..

I am tired of waiting on someone to get this shit started and getting older by the day.... i want rocksmith with DRUMS NOW!

anyone interested please step up ...

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Some thoughts on you idea.

RS 2014 does need the UbiSoft RealToneCable. This cable is a simple Audio to USB interface. Input is a audio signal with guitar levels. You would have to modify your drums to convert the hit of a drum into a frequency and put this into the RealToneCable. Your drum set has a MIDI out. Each drum will have it's own note. You may use that note to put it into a synthesizer to create a tone. This tone has to be put into the RealToneCable.

Because RS 2014 needs a tuning of the Guitar, you will have to modifiy the note values of the drum set to be converted to the notes of the guitar strings. Otherwise you won't be able to "tune" the guitar. In your case, the "tuning" will only be hitting 6 drums one time. -> You need something to convert MIDI notes into other notes.

I think there's some people who are already working on something like this over in this thread. Check it out if you haven't seen it already.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!