Problem in MAC! Every time start RS2014 Steam ask me to install

foraud

Question

Hello,

In first time sorry for my poor English.

I have Rocksmith 2014 original in Steam, played this in a iMac with the ultimate OS X Yosemite.

From a few days ago when start Rocksmith open Steam and a tells me I have to install the game. Say yes and installation bar goes quickly. One minute or less and tell that is installed, after that it works perfectly. When exit to system Rocksmith gives a bug report. The next time run Rocksmith all this process start again.

Is very frustrating. I'm secure that the game is installed in the folder, but Steam insist in installed again and again. The game es original, no cracked, no unofficial dlcs... Only ogirinal game.

Anyone know what happens? Help me please... Sniff

Thank you very much to all.

4 answers to this question

Hi there fellow Mac user.

I just logged onto steam coz I'm steaming (excuse the pun) about it.

It is so frustrating to have to install every single game before playing it.

On the STEAM support board, it is eveident that the latest update from STEAM screwed MAC users.

EVERYONE using a MAC is reporting the same problem. Although you can find the games installed on your HD, STEAM doesn't recognize them. This therefore affects the CDLCs. Using the injector will start the game but won't load the CDLCs coz it doesn't recognize Cherub Rock as purchased...You have to re-install the game everytime if you want access to your CDLC.

STEAM is silent on the issue even though there are many posts on their support website. No one has found a fix yet.

Hang tight, the good news is it's not just you.

• Like 1

Hi there fellow Mac user.

I just logged onto steam coz I'm steaming (excuse the pun) about it.

It is so frustrating to have to install every single game before playing it.

On the STEAM support board, it is eveident that the latest update from STEAM screwed MAC users.

EVERYONE using a MAC is reporting the same problem. Although you can find the games installed on your HD, STEAM doesn't recognize them. This therefore affects the CDLCs. Using the injector will start the game but won't load the CDLCs coz it doesn't recognize Cherub Rock as purchased...You have to re-install the game everytime if you want access to your CDLC.

STEAM is silent on the issue even though there are many posts on their support website. No one has found a fix yet.

Hang tight, the good news is it's not just you.

Alain, I very much appreciate the information you provided.  I was going to post a help thread, but you seem to have answered my question.  My backstory for anyone interested is basically that I had been successfully enjoying dozens of CDLC's found within this fine community for months, until last week when I updated Steam and my macbook pro to Yosemite.  Ever since, none of my files will open in RSInjector.  Keeping my fingers crossed for a positive outcome soon.