RS14 on win8

davibeast

Question

is there anyone who is having trouble with win8? i just installed it on my notebook and rs won't start anymore. I have a portable version so I tried it on my desktop and worked without problem...

what can i do?

Take a look of my release: http://search.customsforge.com/?u=davibeast

Religion is what makes you blind (Cit. Amon Amarth)

3 answers to this question

@@davibeast

If i remember correctly when you usually install RS 2014 it will also install Directx and MS Visual C++ redistributable. The game is maybe not starting because those things are not installed on the new Windows 8. Just reinstall the game from steam, it should detect if things are missing on your operating system and it will install them. If that does not work try to install the demo of RS 1 because it will probably also install software needed to launch the game.

@@davibeast

If i remember correctly when you usually install RS 2014 it will also install Directx and MS Visual C++ redistributable. The game is maybe not starting because those things are not installed on the new Windows 8. Just reinstall the game from steam, it should detect if things are missing on your operating system and it will install them. If that does not work try to install the demo of RS 1 because it will probably also install software needed to launch the game.

thanks for reply, ms vc++ were installed correctly with visual studio.

I had trouble with DirectX, i resolved it installing Rocksmith12. Now seems workin', even if have to run as admin.

Take a look of my release: http://search.customsforge.com/?u=davibeast

Religion is what makes you blind (Cit. Amon Amarth)