CDLC Not Loading on New PC

FrustratedFifer

Question

Hey, so I've used RS2014 for years on several different systems and never had issues with the CDLC. However, I got a new PC last week, and after installing the game and copying all my CDLC over, I'm being greeted with the game not loading after tuning on a custom song.

This isn't my first rodeo, so I've previously followed all steps for fixing this issue.

I have the .dll file downloaded and installed into the root folder. 

I have Cherub Rock bought and installed on Stea,m.

I have run CFSM, ticking the verify .dll option in settings, as well as repairing all songs ( I used Mastery bug and Apply Default AppID options), however none of this is fixing the issue.

Official songs work, including DLC bought through steam, so the game itself is working fine, the issue is entirely related to CDLC and I'm completely at a loss.

Searching online, every single response just tells me to check the above bullet points, all of which i've triple checked (including downloading the .dll file from multiple comments on this website to ensure it's correct).

1 answer to this question

All I can say is make sure your DLL is named D3DX9_42.dll. If it is anything that isn't that, it won't run.

Common example: D3DX9_42 (1).dll  or D3DX9_42.dll (1) will not work. That can be caused by downloading the dll twice while it's still in your downloads.