**RULES LAST UPDATED AUG 2021** - Changelog
Before continuing you agree you have a purchased copy of Rocksmith 2014 Remastered and for any CDLC you upload uses the Cherub Rock song ID
Requirements to use CustomsForge:
- A valid purchased copy of Rocksmith 2014 Remastered¹ - https://store.steampowered.com/app/221680/Rocksmith_2014_Edition__Remastered/
- Cherub Rock DLC² https://store.steampowered.com/app/248750/Rocksmith_2014__The_Smashing_Pumpkins___Cherub_Rock/
- The latest DLL or Patch is attainable via our tutorial post. (Additionally for PC: You can use CustomsForge Song Manager by downloading, installing, going to settings to select "Verify DLL" to auto-install it. We suggest using CFSM to repair broken CDLC) https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/901-how-to-use-custom-dlcs-in-rs2014-remastered/
- You agree that we reserve the right to change the rules at any time for any reason.
- You agree that by signing up and using this site that you have acquired the legal rights to the songs in the CDLC that you upload or download.
- We encourage everyone to purchase the game and any official content that is created by Ubisoft. We are thrilled they created this game and brought us all together.
That being said, we are a fan site and are in NO WAY affiliated with Ubisoft, Steam, the Rocksmith development team, or anything else to do with any aforementioned entities. All trademarks are owned by their respective owners and we do not claim to own the trademarks to any song uploaded to our database. We are simply here because we love Rocksmith so much we are creating more content to complement Ubisoft's creation. The ubisoft account on CustomsForge is maintained by us to post DLC from Rocksmith.
CustomsForge is not liable for any issues that may arise when using content from this site.
The staff reserves the right to read private messages for any illegal or rule-breaking content. We use a keyword system to scan PM's.
We follow the DMCA system, please contact Unleashed2k (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need to send a takedown notice for any CDLC.
Rocksmith+ Rules and Information
- We do not plan on removing songs for Rocksmith+
- Rocksmith+ Songs may be displayed on Ignition (our search engine)
- You can create CDLC for Rocksmith+ songs on CustomsForge for Rocksmith 2014
- However, you cannot copy/replicate/rip charts from Rocksmith+ to Rocksmith 2014
- We do not plan on modifying Rocksmith+ to allow CDLC as it has its own workshop.
- The rules for Rocksmith 2014 ODLC stay the same, as seen below.
- We have separated ODLC (red) and Rocksmith+ (yellow)
- The above is subject to change at any time but as of 8/1/2021 this is our stance.
- No trolling, spamming, advertising, or other general douchebaggery. That includes racism, sexism, discrimination, use of homophobic/racist slurs. Respect each other's musical tastes.
- We do not allow anonymous accounts from sites such as bugmenot. Disposable emails are no longer welcome to combat spam.
- When using CustomsForge we ask you to abide by the Discord Partnership Code of Conduct and Discord Community Guidelines.
- If you're toxic in the community we may apply a community ban which is to protect our community members from toxic behavior. This can be anywhere from a Twitch stream to YouTube. Catfishing, harassment, etc. This has a *zero tolerance* policy and will be permanently banned.
- This is an English-speaking forum. For help in other languages, see the International support section of the forum. This is not the place for any discussion about race, religion, or politics
- Respect the staff. If you disagree with a warning or ban, discuss it in PM with the admin/moderator who gave it. Don't create topics about it, they will be deleted. You can ask a moderator/admin in our Discord if you are not banned from there
- No piracy, no mentioning piracy-related sites, no crack discussion
- No posting of legally purchasable educational workshops/learning tools
- No posting of official Rocksmith 1 or Rocksmith 2014 official content. That means included songs and official DLC. Live versions of official content are also not allowed. Live versions of DLC songs that did not make it over to 2014 from the original Rocksmith are allowed as long as it doesn't copy the original chart. No posting of modifications to official Rocksmith 1 or 2014 tracks, this includes chart changes, tuning fixes, or multi-track versions.
- On this site, Ubisoft released musical content (such as oDLC or On Disc songs) are not shareable in any form
- You can however share modified game files here (custom loft, custom artwork, fast load up, etc.) but as stated above we do NOT allow any modified official song content
- Covers/parts of covers of Official songs are ruled on by a case-by-case basis. If you are unsure, send it to a moderator or admin for feedback
- Asking for donations can be tolerated under certain circumstances. It is not tolerated if it adds extra steps to the download process or is not avoidable to download the CDLC. It is tolerated if it is in: 1) The release note of the record 2) Your own workshop topic
- Keep requests to the designated topic or Discord channel. Do not use the support system for requests. Requesting elsewhere can result in mockery and a suspension
- Please keep your signature a decent size. It is not allowed to request songs in your signature and please keep the amount of images/different colors to a minimum
- When converting RS1 customs to RS2014 please give credit to the original author
- In the event that you use links from CustomsForge to access partner websites, you agree to be on your best behavior - disrespect or trolling on these sites may result in administrative consequences back here on CF. (This includes but is not limited to https://theriffrepeater.com, https://rsplaylist.com, and official Rocksmith pages [forums, Twitch, Facebook, Twitter])
- Zero tolerance policy on advertising CDLC, CustomsForge, or the CustomsForge subreddit on official Ubisoft channels.
- When working on projects or modifications, they cannot contain anything that supports pirated copies.
- Download links to CDLC are only allowed in the CDLC Database and Workshop area. If you need to link to a song, give a link to the record page
- No collections or torrents of CDLC. Folders to multiple CDLC (ex: Google Drive) are not tolerated here
- No unauthorized use of CustomsForge or Ignition for usage types such as bots/scrapers without approval from staff.
- Multiple accounts are not allowed. You are allowed to have multiple accounts under the same household, as long as each account is for another user.
- This is to prevent unauthorized desktop apps, server load abuse, loss of donations, and other things such as community feedback.
- Unauthorized scrapers will be banned permanently as they use ignition for what it's not intended to be used for.
- If you would like to build a bot and have proper permission, please contact us before you attempt to test it or use it.
- Our website has login authorizations with the following: Ignition4, RSPlaylist.com, Discord, Patreon. Any moderation and rule-breaking from these accounts may be linked to your main CustomsForge account.
- CustomsForge uses Sovrn for ads, please consider whitelisting our ads to support CustomsForge. We comply with the GDPR and CCPA via Google Funding Choice.
- No posting of official Rocksmith 1 or Rocksmith 2014 official content. That means included songs and official DLC. Live versions of official content are also not allowed.
- Use of AdFly or other attempts to monetize via link redirection will land you with a warning, followed by a ban if you fail to comply.
- Please use an approved site to host your customs - This includes Google Drive, OneDrive, MediaFire, Mega, PCloud, and Dropbox.
- Any hosting site that limits download speed or has a download queue is forbidden.
- You cannot use a host that requires registration (such as 4share).
- Please make sure you are using the latest version of EOF/Toolkit when making customs to assure your CDLC will be functional and remastered “bug free” (must include Dynamic Difficulty).
- Any new (or updated) CDLC posted on CustomsForge should not need to be repaired to work as intended and failure to do so will result in a warning.
- We reserve the right to remove or hide an entry if the tools to create it are more than 3 months out of date from the latest release. The tools are updated regularly with many bug improvements - please keep your authoring tools (EOF and RSToolkit) up to date.
- Please use only numbers (1.0, 2.0, 5.3, 3.1) in the version field and only use one period (9.9)
- We reserve the right to hide or delete any records from our database if they don’t meet a reasonable standard. Any CDLC with game-breaking bugs aren’t tolerated and user that post multiple problematic CDLC will be warned
- When sharing a CDLC on CustomsForge, it is mandatory that it uses the "Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock - 248750" ID
- If your song is reported you will receive a notification about it on the top right. Please respond and resolve all reports asap to avoid your CDLC from being disabled, and removed if necessary. Updating the CDLC's version will show that your CDLC has been updated. You can also reply to our discussion to let us know if you've resolved the report reason.
- Any CDLC that has been reported has a 2 week grace period of being updated before it is removed from our database. All reports are emailed to the creator.
- CDLC of Official Songs (ODLC) is not allowed due to licensing. Support Ubisoft and purchase the DLC!
- If you are caught trying to monetize the download of CDLC (ad.fly via external site or similar link shortener, etc.) you will be subject to user moderation and other administrative actions that may include a permanent ban.
- CDLC & Tabs are allowed to be commissioned, but cannot be monetized
Adding CDLC Guidelines
- Correct artist name (Unsure how to spell it? Look in the database how other users have named the band. Example: Guns N' Roses. not Guns 'N Roses
- Verify your album & artist matches the format of the other titles. If you see any or multiple records wrong please inform a staff member, and we can help correct them.
- Add a YouTube link for the song preview. All YouTube links need to be HTTPS with EMBED.
- Add album artwork (preferably from Wikipedia) with the link being HTTPS.
- Please include the Year and Duration of the song. Duration is not required but recommended.
- Use the release notes to convey important information and any update you made.
- Please use correct psarc file naming: Artist - Song Title - Version
- Any file that doesn’t end with “_p.psarc” (for PC) or “_m.psarc” (for Mac) will be deleted from our database
- Always make sure to fill out the information as accurately and completely as possible
- This includes the song information regarding if the song has a capo, uses a whammy bar, or utilizes a 5 or 6 strings bass etc.
- Please put the Windows PC link in the correct location, and the MAC for the mac release. Consoles are no longer in our database.
- Do not use online folders for multiple different CDLC. One song per folder if you are releasing it on multiple platforms or are releasing a multi-tracks version of the song
- Do not link to rar, zip or other archive file format.
- Do not upload non-DD versions as every song should be generating DD automatically, and this can be disabled via Master Mode
¹ Steam copy is only needed if you are using a PC or MAC version, if you are using a modded console we offer limited support for CDLC and you must convert the songs via RSTK)
² Cherub Rock is used on all content for CustomsForge. You can use another song, however, you will need to manually change the ID each time