Skip to content

Welcome to the CF Rocksmith 2014 Championship!

-= Week 676 =-

=> How and Why join the Championships?
=> Rocksmith 2014 Championships rules

Previous' week Winners are:

Lead:
- Beginner:@EmbraceTheAbsurd (90)
- Beginner Bonus:@EmbraceTheAbsurd (96)
- Intermediate:@jimmy655 (97.23)
- Intermediate Bonus:@Vodka (99)
- Advanced:@Mikson (97.51)
- Advanced Bonus:@aNDESmASAMUNE (95.95)
- Masterclass:@shaggy_malagy (94.54)
- God of Guitar: Leader after week 3 is @JokerTheAnarchist(99.24), 1 week left... KEEP ROCKING!!!

Rhythm:
- Beginner: @EmbraceTheAbsurd (92)
- Beginner Bonus: @EmbraceTheAbsurd (94)
- Intermediate: @ALSRC (97.17)
- Intermediate Bonus: @ALSRC (98)
- Advanced: @aNDESmASAMUNE (96.54)
- Advanced Bonus: @jimmy655 (88)
- Masterclass: @LuZifeR (93)
- God of Rhythm: Leader after week 3 is @LuZifeR (96), 1 week left... KEEP ROCKING!!!

Bass:
- Beginner: @MotivatedCF (93.47)
- Beginner Bonus: @MotivatedCF (96.92)
- Intermediate: @MaltaSoron (77)
- Intermediate Bonus: @MaltaSoron (99)
- Advanced: @Mikson (100)
- Advanced Bonus: @Knippenburg (100)
- Masterclass: @Nomgoose (96.2)
- God of Bass: Leader after week 3 is @Nomgoose (99.15), 1 week left... KEEP ROCKING!!!

Congrats to all winners. Well done!

Due to the poll on the site having a limit of 3 questions I have made a poll for ratings over here . Please fill out the form for balancing the song :)
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScx0sgN3rDiYNkKXbcAPfgsJuN2kZ3qodG5YQiVdMv3iGm_5Q/viewform

This week's songs are:


Lead Path:
Beginner:Alice Cooper - I Like Girls(3*)(E Standard)selected bysinomod
Beginner Bonus:Rammstein - Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen?(3.5^)(Drop D)selected byDaz40
Intermediate:Beartooth - In Between(4.5)(D Drop C)selected byjimbobmccecil
Intermediate Bonus:Porcupine Tree - Blackest Eyes(4)(Drop D)selected bycacahuate51
Advanced:Of Mice & Men - Obsolete(6)(Drop D)selected bycacahuate51
Masterclass:Megadeth - Burn!(8)(D Standard)selected byRodman, Milo
Masterclass Bonus:Protest The Hero - Tapestry(9.5^)(Eb Standard)selected bydrand
God of Guitar:The Black Dahlia Murder - Nocturnal (Full Album)(10)(C Standard)[Week 4 of 4]

Rhythm Path:
Beginner: Alice Cooper - I Like Girls (3*) (E Standard) selected by sinomod
Beginner Bonus: Rammstein - Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen? (3.5^) (Drop D) selected by Daz40
Intermediate: Beartooth - In Between (4) (D Drop C) selected by jimbobmccecil
Intermediate Bonus: Megadeth - Burn! (4) (D Standard) selected by Rodman, Milo
Advanced: Of Mice & Men - Obsolete (6) (Drop D) selected by va51
Masterclass: Protest The Hero - Tapestry (8.5) (Eb Standard) selected by drand
God of Rhythm: The Black Dahlia Murder - Nocturnal (Full Album) (9) (C Standard) [Week 4 of 4]

Bass Path:
Beginner: Alice Cooper - I Like Girls (2.5) (E Standard) selected by sinomod
Beginner Bonus: Beartooth - In Between (3.5^) (D Drop C) selected by jimbobmccecil
Intermediate: Megadeth - Burn! (4) (D Standard) selected by Rodman, Milo
Intermediate Bonus: Rammstein - Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen? (4) (Drop D) selected by Daz40
Advanced: "Weird Al" Yankovic - Another Tattoo (6) (E Standard) selected by ALSRC
Advanced Bonus: Porcupine Tree - Blackest Eyes (5) (Drop D) selected by cacahuate51
Masterclass: Protest The Hero - Tapestry (8.5) (Bb Standard) selected by drand
Masterclass Bonus: Riverside - The Same River (7.5) (E Standard) selected by ca51
God of Bass: The Black Dahlia Murder - Nocturnal (Full Album) (8) (C Standard) [Week 4 of 4]

(N) - difficulty rating
(N*) - highest difficulty rating for the class (promotion to higher class possible)
(N^) - difficulty rating higher than the highest for the class (promotion possible)

Check current week Rocksmith Championship Leaderboard

You can submit your song suggestions for the championship here
NEW! - easly add songs even on your mobile!:
Add Song Suggestion

Song Suggestions List available to view here: Google Sheets Spreadsheet

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Do you want to host a week? Join the Championship organizing team!!!
The process is smooth and there is a tutorial as well. If you are interested, send a personal message to Rodman.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Made a website to load all the championship stats and history from (again all made possible with @Rodman's records) This is a replacement to my google sheet Finally we can have medals in the champio

  • cacahuate51
    cacahuate51

    test scores: Steam Community :: Screenshot Steam Community: Rocksmith® 2014 Edition - Remastered.Steam Community :: Screenshot Steam Community: Rocksmith® 2014 Edition - Remastered.Steam Community ::

  • I thought the poll last week was a really good idea. I was mainly surprised that the blues genre was one of the least popular, I always thought that was a mainstay for most electric guitarists. Som

Posted Images

Opinions about bonus songs en general: 16 members have voted

  1. 1. This weeks songs will currently have bonus songs. Would you rather:

    • I like them (more variety/ more chance of me liking a song during the week/for difficulty reasons)
      61%
    • I don't like them (too much time, would rather them split in two weeks)
      5%
    • I like them but only when it's a themed week (tv shows, movies, games, holidays etc)
      11%
    • I dont mind them if they are only the hosts suggestions and not the contestants
      5%
    • I don't mind
      5%
    • I don't mind them - for facilitating the use of all the paths of a song, not of the sake of having more songs.
      11%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I was looking for blues charts that might get wider appreciation. I wanted to suggest Matchbox by Jonny Lang as an intermediate song for the championship. It's a great classic blues bassline played in a fun modern blues-rock style, I think most players will enjoy this. But it doesn't seem to be on CF anymore. My copy (converted back to PC format from my Mac format) is available here:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/nxz7mplz9z6j5b7vk6lv1/Jonny-Lang_Matchbox_v1_DD_p.psarc?rlkey=0gt6kvwyhr0fu0kr3aado8234&st=k5ecklfi&dl=0

I'll keep looking for other blues songs on CF that might gain some favor.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Barely got through this one without a strike...

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

First bass scores

never hear this before not one of his best

20261005043451-1.jpg

20261005044136-1.jpg

another great Megadeth song I have never heard

20261005053034-1.jpg

Always love a little Rammstein I was late to finding this band But It was like wtf! is this like finding a new genre now one of my favourite bands

20261005053733-1.jpg

I really should post after every song as By time I post I often forget how hard a song was

  • Author

noticed these scores werent in the leaderbaord so i replayed them

No image preview

Steam Community :: Screenshot

Steam Community: Rocksmith® 2014 Edition - Remastered.
No image preview

Steam Community :: Screenshot

Steam Community: Rocksmith® 2014 Edition - Remastered.

This song did make me realize that my latency is pretty bad, i have to play like 2 notes ahead for the blue riff part. If anyone knows how to fix thatd be appreciated. I tried lowering the buffer rate in rs mods (is at 96 and tried lower but it sounds bad when i do so not sure what to do)

No image preview

Steam Community :: Screenshot

Steam Community: Rocksmith® 2014 Edition - Remastered.
No image preview

Steam Community :: Screenshot

Steam Community: Rocksmith® 2014 Edition - Remastered.

This song did make me realize that my latency is pretty bad, i have to play like 2 notes ahead for the blue riff part. If anyone knows how to fix thatd be appreciated. I tried lowering the buffer rate in rs mods (is at 96 and tried lower but it sounds bad when i do so not sure what to do)

i came from rocksmith on xbox where the latency was tragic and couldnt do much about it...
personally im into the focusrite with rsasio github, voicemeter and streamlabs... with 1000000000 adjustments to sample rates, buffering sizes, refresh rates, every possible attempted fix.... its good enough now on average, although the occasional wonky(?) tab i can even tell if someones reaction speed is just dif to mine, if they hdmi from pc to tv,, different worldwide location phases, or simply wonky tabbing 😄

Have a nice musweek everyone! Thanks for hosting @cacahuate51 !

Alice Cooper - I Like Girls

B67GxQ.jpg

WQcHMY.jpg

d5nhxE.jpg

Rammstein - Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen?

RN3YGx.jpg

LQdAGJ.jpg

pHI7hv.jpg

Beartooth - In Between

nWekjW.jpg

odu1kP.jpg

vpP0dM.jpg

Megadeth - Burn!

DE9svC.jpg

yDq7In.jpg

VxTwr0.jpg

Of Mice & Men - Obsolete

3UuzQw.jpg

4GzIQC.jpg

Protest The Hero - Tapestry

5vFD2V.jpg

xO8G6O.jpg

v1mUDe.jpg

Porcupine Tree - Blackest Eyes

DBq2mm.jpg

YLiUE1.jpg

"Weird Al" Yankovic - Another Tattoo. I forgot to play it.

Riverside - The Same River

Llf8SY.jpg

On 8/8/2024 at 10:09 AM, Rodman said:

Give your heart and your soul.....
        ....... for that damn Rock´n´Roll!

---
I'm not a native English speaker. Sorry for mistakes.

  • Author
6 minutes ago, shaggy_malagy said:

This song did make me realize that my latency is pretty bad, i have to play like 2 notes ahead for the blue riff part. If anyone knows how to fix thatd be appreciated. I tried lowering the buffer rate in rs mods (is at 96 and tried lower but it sounds bad when i do so not sure what to do)

i came from rocksmith on xbox where the latency was tragic and couldnt do much about it...
personally im into the focusrite with rsasio github, voicemeter and streamlabs... with 1000000000 adjustments to sample rates, buffering sizes, refresh rates, every possible attempted fix.... its good enough now on average, although the occasional wonky(?) tab i can even tell if someones reaction speed is just dif to mine, if they hdmi from pc to tv,, different worldwide location phases, or simply wonky tabbing 😄

I also have a focusrite mines a scarlet (8i6)
is the voicemeter just so that the audio records when you do a video or does it also affect latency regardless if you record?

take all this info with a pinch of salt, i had a 9hour fight with chatgpt being confidently incorrect about everything before i 40mins brainpowered it myself while also being a bit wonky after a nearly 10 year hiatus from the previous setup.... had to voicemeter so i could get the vocals on the stream too so, unless youre streaming think you can ignore that part of the chain.... but since going from the rs direct usb to the focusrite setup (think i have 8i6 too as it goes * yep, 3rd gen).... was noticeably better

but i only sorted it after fighting all the awful vibe coded intel/windows updates since oct 25, i dread updating anything anymore because its so useless... they spammed out a load of quick hotfixes around march/april this year due to ai finding security flaws in like everything... and its all been a bit hit or miss since tbh (tinfoil hat but i know im right even if there is no public announcment because i saw audio issues in dozens of podcasts/audience chat all going derp, whats going on? at the exact same time)

no difference in the streamlabs streaming/recording playback, only thing that mattered was the actual in-game latency from RS.... i read soooooo many forum posts about it all trying to adjust/fix it after the dodgy windows patches, i honestly cant remember what i tried/what eventually worked, it was something to do with clock-speed/buffering.... i only managed to get it to like 75% working.... before an auto update i told not to auto update but did anyway finally fixed the rest

I just wanted to share my impressions, I recently went to a Hallas concert - not a huge show (small venue), but a great band and a fantastic listening experience. It’s time to make some more CDLC for them 😄

As for the this week voting, it’s an interesting idea, and the result didn’t really surprise me 😉 It's a pity that you can only select one answer, because in my opinion it's more complex.

I went with the themed week option, though the one with bonus host suggestions isn't bad either. I’m definitely against using songs with good charts as bonuses; it’s better to use them as main songs in a different week to generate more focus and competition around them.

Made a website to load all the championship stats and history from
(again all made possible with @Rodman's records)
This is a replacement to my google sheet

Finally we can have medals in the championship! 😄
https://drandgb.github.io/Rocksmith-Championship/

I guess the plan is to update it weekly, would be cool to set it up to work automatically with the react app/spreadsheet if anyone has any ideas there
Got it thanks @cacahuate51 for the idea

New winner stats and song stats integrated as well!

RSCS2.png

Click here or image above to open championship companion website!

RSCS Forum Homepage
| RSCS Scoreboard (Google Sheets) | RSCS Request a Song (Google App) |

👋😁 Just post a screenshot showing BOTH accuracy % and streak in current week's forum post to play! 🤘😎

🚨 Don't forget to make new posts, not edit posts or it will not show up on scoreboard!! 🚨

Thanks for making the week!

"I like girls" gosh darn this man is extreme

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Crazy how you can tune so low and still not sound heavy

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Pff, I just couldn't hit that orange 5

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I added some more Weird Al to the suggestions. I considered Albuquerque as well, but maybe it's a bit long :P

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

  • Author
2 hours ago, Mikson said:

As for the this week voting, it’s an interesting idea, and the result didn’t really surprise me 😉 It's a pity that you can only select one answer, because in my opinion it's more complex.

Ok you can vote multiple now, just didnt have it switched on. I lived to see the number of "i like " high enough, so lets see if it changes now xD

  • Author
33 minutes ago, drand said:

Made a website to load all the championship stats and history from
(again all made possible with @Rodman's records)
This is a replacement to my google sheet

Finally we can have medals in the championship! 😄
https://drandgb.github.io/Rocksmith-Championship/

I guess the plan is to update it weekly, would be cool to set it up to work automatically with the react app/spreadsheet if anyone has any ideas there

New winner stats and song stats integrated as well!

Damn @drand you didnt have to go that hard 🤟 looks absolutely stunning!

No image preview

Its Beautiful GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Discover & share this Its Beautiful GIF with everyone you know. GIPHY is how you search, share, discover, and create GIFs.


so many stats and all in one place its incredible, just stayed looking for a while. Surprised from alot of the stats like I Don't think I've ever played a fishbone track? And i'm glad chevelle is climbing the ladder

👏👏👏 Much respect to what you accomplished. Puts the discord thing i was working with rodmans sheets aswell as childsplay :P Glad we have something neat to look at!

🎶🎸🌘 CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT!!!!

YEEAAHHH!!! ✌😎✌🤩✌😎✌🤩

Thank you @cacahuate51 for a great selection!!!

---

This is not so hard, but I agree with (6) for the rhythm path...
20261006233702-1.jpg

I doesn't make sense to me to play this using the yellow string... I just play everything in the red string in the same frets as the intro (blue string), because its exactly the same riff!! I don't know this band, but will check how the actual guitarrist plays it

20261006233756-1.jpg

20261007001150-1.jpg

14 hours ago, drand said:

Made a website to load all the championship stats and history from
(again all made possible with @Rodman's records)
This is a replacement to my google sheet

Finally we can have medals in the championship! 😄
https://drandgb.github.io/Rocksmith-Championship/

New winner stats and song stats integrated as well!

OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING!!!!

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Thank you very much @drand !!!!!

It's exciting to see all the stats and medals!!! Looking forward to improve my stats!!!

  • Author
1 hour ago, aNDESmASAMUNE said:

🎶🎸🌘 CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT!!!!

YEEAAHHH!!! ✌😎✌🤩✌😎✌🤩

Thank you @cacahuate51 for a great selection!!!

---

This is not so hard, but I agree with (6) for the rhythm path...
20261006233702-1.jpg

I doesn't make sense to me to play this using the yellow string... I just play everything in the red string in the same frets as the intro (blue string), because its exactly the same riff!! I don't know this band, but will check how the actual guitarrist plays it

20261006233756-1.jpg

20261007001150-1.jpg

I think it makes more sense in the lead path to play it how he tabed it since you go up higher in the fretboard if you did it all in one string might be more uncomfortable. But yea for the rhythm path i can kinda understand to just play it one string. There will always be multiple ways to play riffs.

@drand what an incredible site! Awesome job! So many interesting stats, charts and tables! And feels fantastic!

16 hours ago, drand said:

Made a website to load all the championship stats and history from
(again all made possible with @Rodman's records)
This is a replacement to my google sheet

Finally we can have medals in the championship! 😄
https://drandgb.github.io/Rocksmith-Championship/

I guess the plan is to update it weekly, would be cool to set it up to work automatically with the react app/spreadsheet if anyone has any ideas there
Got it thanks @cacahuate51 for the idea

New winner stats and song stats integrated as well!

A lot of years ago I remember there was medals here in CS.

Can't reproduce and get it better =(

z7iHAw.jpg

On 8/8/2024 at 10:09 AM, Rodman said:

Give your heart and your soul.....
        ....... for that damn Rock´n´Roll!

---
I'm not a native English speaker. Sorry for mistakes.

202610~4.JPG

202610~3.JPG


I do love a bit of Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson but I've never sat down and learned this one 👍
And that Weird Al song is annoying but also incredibly catchy with a great bassline - I'm conflicted 😂

EDIT : @drand that website is brilliant, fantastic work!

Fun to play I agree with these ratings
?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

RSCS2.png

Click here or image above to open championship companion website!

RSCS Forum Homepage
| RSCS Scoreboard (Google Sheets) | RSCS Request a Song (Google App) |

👋😁 Just post a screenshot showing BOTH accuracy % and streak in current week's forum post to play! 🤘😎

🚨 Don't forget to make new posts, not edit posts or it will not show up on scoreboard!! 🚨

What in the Stuck On A Wire Out On A Fence was that 😭

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

tenor.gif

RSCS2.png

Click here or image above to open championship companion website!

RSCS Forum Homepage
| RSCS Scoreboard (Google Sheets) | RSCS Request a Song (Google App) |

👋😁 Just post a screenshot showing BOTH accuracy % and streak in current week's forum post to play! 🤘😎

🚨 Don't forget to make new posts, not edit posts or it will not show up on scoreboard!! 🚨

First scores

A very pleasant chart for beginners - around 3/3.5.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Regarding bonuses, this is perfect as a bonus. Completely repeatable chart plus chord slides that might cost you a bit of your percentage score. Still, this is fun to play.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

It’s been a long time since I played anything from Porcupine Tree, it was good to revisit them. 4 is ok.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I don't know maybe it's just me but charts like this always seem harder to me. Even though there aren't any major technical difficulties, there's a lot of variety in what you play and frequent changes. Still, I achieve a good score, so maybe it's fine.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

This didn't seem that hard on the first try and was fairly repetitive, but I kept missing notes during those sequences...

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I thought I did better, but it seems the game didn't register any of those two-string bends... Is anyone else having trouble with recognizing such bends? Maybe I was using strings that were too heavy on my alternate guitar.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

Recently Browsing 1



Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.