February 24, 201412 yr Hey guys, just wondering what your favourite artists were. If you could say what was THE FIRST song that got you into the band that would be awesome. I'll get the ball rolling: Iron Maiden-Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. Heard that on one of my Dad's CDs when I was about 7, and been hooked ever since
February 24, 201412 yr Demon Hunter... no question about it... the first song that got me into them is a toss up between the 2 songs I first heard from them, which are..... "My Throat is an Open Grave" & "Infected," both songs are off their debut self-titled album, and at the time... they didn't want anyone to know who they were... so they all wore bandanas over nose and mouth, and have no names associated to who they were in the band. Talk louder.....I'm blind you moron......
February 24, 201412 yr My favourite artist is Steve Vai For the love of god got me hooked when i was 15.Surfing with the Alien by Satch made me want to start playing the guitar i think i was 7 when i first heard it (though i didn't start till i was 15 *idiot*).But the earliest song i can remember getting into was Mouth For War by pantera when i was like 3 still love the album immensely.
February 24, 201412 yr my fav number one is: Buckethead :) my 140 Customs + Workshop are here:http://customsforge.com/topic/176-rs2014-smirocsmo-customs-workshop-updated-december/
February 24, 201412 yr For a number of reasons, Warren Zevon. His music was great, but so was he. The man was a genius and much like everyone who thought and acted on a different level than the majority of us, he was often misunderstood. His music never got the credit it deserved, which is sad since he's been gone 10 years now. He certainly had his demons and is not without blame for the heartache he went through in this life. The was also a dark side to him, of course. I mean, who writes songs about their own mortality after being diagnosed with terminal lung cancer? I wish he was still alive, I missed his last performance here in Pittsburgh which I will always regret. I wish more people understood him. R.I.P Warren.
February 24, 201412 yr Rumor has it this weeks dlc will be the doors 5 pack :wub: My mother said I could grow up to be anything I wanted So I became an Asshole. :D
February 24, 201412 yr Rumor has it this weeks dlc will be the doors 5 packFavorite Artist is The Doors. Very much hope this is true!
February 24, 201412 yr my fav number one is:Buckethead Same here .. Btw, Pikes 46 and 47 will be released on the 28th
February 24, 201412 yr Metallica since always. Master of Rocksmith Championship For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls ...And Song Selection List For All Seek and Championship Class Lists On 2/11/2015 at 3:42 PM, NoonyDeloony said: @@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche 🙂 T-Rex Interactive
February 24, 201412 yr Same here .. Btw, Pikes 46 and 47 will be released on the 28th great! :) :) I love the previous Pikes too :) my 140 Customs + Workshop are here:http://customsforge.com/topic/176-rs2014-smirocsmo-customs-workshop-updated-december/
February 24, 201412 yr A not very well known band called Patent Pending, One Less Heart To Break was the first song to get me into them. Green Day and Bowling For Soup are both close behind them (St Jimmy and Girl All The Bad Guys Want were the songs to get me into those)
February 24, 201412 yr The Clash The Smiths The Doors Missisippi Fred McDowell Nirvana Black Sabbath The Beatles Dinosaur Jr but ask me on another day and there could be 5 alternative choices (The Clash would still be number one though!)Track that got me into The Clash was probably Police & Thieves from the debut album. Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster; Epiphone Nighthawk Custom; Westone Concord 1: Italia Mondial Classic; Epiphone J Mascis Jazzmaster; Chapman ML2 Classic Gold-top
February 24, 201412 yr +1 The Smiths :-P 1th choice would prolly be Love will tear us apart - Joy Division, thouThen Ace of spades + Born to be wild :mrgreen: + Rocking in the FREE world + Anything by Kate Bush and Bowie___________Thx all contributors - y r gr8 :-P
February 24, 201412 yr Queensryche, the song that got me into them was "Take Hold of the Flame" taken from their Live in Tokyo video
February 24, 201412 yr Administrator System Of A Down, followed closely by Tool and Tripp Fontaine First song I heard was the Suite-Pee demo, my older brother had the tapes and that's how I got into em Mothman is real and he sold me coke in a dimly lit JC Penney's.
February 24, 201412 yr August Burns Red. At least at this moment. This is my dose of energy and strength needed to everyday struggle with world, surroundings and myself. I got into them thanks to Internal Cannon.
February 24, 201412 yr Steven Wilson - Porcupine Tree - "Waiting". Fell in love immediately. Only got better the more of his work I listened to. The others I grew up with are all either in, or headed for, the Old Folks Home. Hmmm... I guess that's means I am, too, I have to say, I am SO glad I started listening to Pandora. That's where I discovered Buckethead, Satriani, Hypnogaja, The Pineapple Thief, etc. it's like meeting a psychic who knows all the bands you would like just by finding out a few songs you like. I'm impressed with the Music Genome Project.
February 24, 201412 yr In no particular order:1. Jimi Hendrix2. SRV3. Robin Trower4. Santana5. Eric Gales (can not find tab anywhere)6. Creed7. Faith No More8. Sevendust9. Disturbed
February 25, 201412 yr 1: Alestorm2: Ensiferum3: Eluveitie4: Hatebreed5: Rammstein6: Swashbuckle7: Korpiklaani8: Devildriver9: Suidakra10: Skidrow
Hey guys, just wondering what your favourite artists were. If you could say what was THE FIRST song that got you into the band that would be awesome.
I'll get the ball rolling:
Iron Maiden-Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. Heard that on one of my Dad's CDs when I was about 7, and been hooked ever since