Skip to content

Warning! macOS 15.4 update breaks Rocksmith Remastered

For anybody running Rocksmith on a recent Mac. Be aware that recent update to latest macOS 15.4 breaks the Rocksmith.

Rocksmith will crash on start, and it seems currently no fix is available. Repair or reinstall is not helping. Considering it is out of support, and has been replaced with cut down no dlc Rocksmith Learn and Play just recently, this is potentially permanent situation and may lock you out of all your dlc cdlc forever on recent Macs.

Really bad, as the steams drops support on older macOS versions as well, so I just recently switched to newer Mac because the old one was dropped from Steam support.

 

  • Replies 94
  • Views 49.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I've received pretty much the same response as you: "A specialized team is looking into it to solve it ASAP, as it is an important issue for us." I guess the more complaints they get, the more tr

  • gtranche
    gtranche

    I was blocked too with my intel mac in Sequoia I'm in 15.7.7 and for me Crossover and windows wasn't an option. So i digged with claude and ghidra and i think i have a sort of patch if you want. There

  • I've finally got it working using this DLL instead:      Haven't tried the true tone cable since I always play plugged to my axeFX instead, but I'll give it a try later to see if it wo

Posted Images

Featured Replies

On 11/12/2025 at 2:04 PM, jsowers said:

How about 26.1? Anyone on that and good to go?

Yep all good.

On 11/12/2025 at 4:04 AM, jsowers said:

How about 26.1? Anyone on that and good to go?

Yeah, it works. Nothing to worry about.

I see Tahoe is working well for several people, is this on intel or apple silicon (m* chips)?
I want to make sure my Intel Mac Pro will still run Rocksmith before upgrading...

On 10/11/2025 at 11:57 PM, Doc_echo92 said:

RS is opening up with  Mac OS Tahoe for me, and I can play bought DLC or songs organic to the game.  Seems like if I try to play any of the CDLC, though, the game lets me tune the guitar, but then never loads and eventually crashes.  Anyone else having this issue or found a fix for this?

 

I have the same problem.

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2025 at 6:58 PM, katzoff said:

never loads and eventually crashes.  Anyone else having this issue or found a fix for this?

 

I have the same problem.

mine stutters alot now I'm on the latest version of Mac OS

  • 3 months later...

2026 update - Brand new install on a brand new MacBook with 26.3.1 - Game works, patch works, no issues at all!

1 hour ago, BadMrFrosty said:

2026 update - Brand new install on a brand new MacBook with 26.3.1 - Game works, patch works, no issues at all!

I get a few stutters whilst playing it

  • 1 month later...

OSX 26.5 & .4 break the game again. Tracks don't start, just sit there. Anyone else get this update and fix it?

  • 2 months later...

I was blocked too with my intel mac in Sequoia
I'm in 15.7.7 and for me Crossover and windows wasn't an option. So i digged with claude and ghidra and i think i have a sort of patch if you want.
There is a readme in the zip, the source code of the patch
Basically you get the content of the zip and modify Rocksmith in Steam with launch options:Capture d’écran 2026-07-09 à 17.24.15.png

It's an install.sh which copy files from the zip directory to "RocksmithFix" in your home.

Let me know if it's working for you too
https://github.com/gtranche/RSFix154/releases/download/1.0/RocksmithSequoiaFix.zip

With source code in this repository

  • Author

gtranche, I think it is really impressive that you was able to solve this kind of broken copy protection and very informative to understand what was broken.

So it is sloppy programming in RS (hardcoded memory address) and a change in memory management in macOS.

  • 1 month later...
On 7/9/2026 at 9:30 AM, gtranche said:

I was blocked too with my intel mac in Sequoia
I'm in 15.7.7 and for me Crossover and windows wasn't an option. So i digged with claude and ghidra and i think i have a sort of patch if you want.

WHAT?!?!? ARE YOU A GENIUS?!?!? YES!!!!!

5 hours ago, FlabbierLime92 said:

WHAT?!?!? ARE YOU A GENIUS?!?!? YES!!!!!

not a genius, someone who wants to play Rocksmith ^^'

  • 3 weeks later...

So will Rocksmith 2014 straight up not be playable anymore on 10.27? Or do we not know 100% for sure yet?

  • Author
4 minutes ago, Dostwood said:

So will Rocksmith 2014 straight up not be playable anymore on 10.27? Or do we not know 100% for sure yet?

According to Apple's statement intel apps should still work in 10.27.

So for today's release 10.27 it looks promising, but as long as nobody actually tested Rocksmith in 10.27, we won't know for sure.

The support for intel apps is planned to be dropped next year in 10.28, however apple stated that some legacy intel game apps will still be supported, what ever that means. I would say the chances Rocksmith will still work in 10.28 will be getting much slimmer.

Upgraded to Mac OS27 today. Booting up Rocksmith, it asked to me install Rosetta. After doing that and re-running the CLDC patch, game worked like a charm, no issues.

Glad it survives 27 with just Rosetta, I was half expecting my whole cdlc library to turn into a paperweight lol. 28 dropping Intel stuff is the scary one though.
  • Author

Updated to 27.0

On the first RS start installed Rosetta.

After install was finished RS with CDLC runs, no issues whatsoever, fast and smooth.

So for me it was not necessary to run CDLC patch again.

See gtranche's post above! This works! I'm running macOS 15.8 and now have RS working again. Thank you @gtranche

That post needs to be pinned to the top.

Since I was unfamiliar with the code and didn't want to download a binary directly, I worked with ChatGPT to review it and compile it (thanks for providing the source!).

Great work! And, thanks again.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.


Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.