alright... couple of things i mentioned in chat, but wanted it to get put up here so people can think on it a bit.
1. the idea of this is really good, makes sense, but should be further diversified IMO... let me explain
- it's been explained that the approval hinges on hard factors such as the completeness of the chart in terms of instruments, this makes sense and is nice, but should be its own sub-category for a couple of reasons. those reasons are as follows.
2. reason list =p
- lots of songs don't have all parts involved, or some people may not be able to find certain tabs or whatever. leaving only one particular instrument to be done. for the sake of completion, yes, you'd like them all, but if they aren't it shouldn't hurt your chances of being "approved"
- some people may only care about one of the instruments in particular, why pseudo punish them for only doing what's relevant to them if they make it neat, playable, and well organized? other portions or even complete versions can be made my other people if they really want it, or a collaboration can be done in order to get all charts involved produced. things like vocals are a grey area in terms of their importance as well because they don't actually DO anything but fulfill the completeness effect.
3. Important notes/considerations
- people will put higher weight on "approved" songs in terms of quality and worthwhile-ness to download just because it's given a name
- primary role of an "approved" section should (in my opinion) be to weed out the good from the okay or bad in terms of functionality of the song or accuracy of the song (such as bad tabs, bad sync, general unplayabilities)
- having a specific section for total completeness is a grand idea, but it could function more effectively if it is only a portion of the approved area.
4. suggested alternative (minor changes really)
-test on content as explained above, have a large list of accepted works, but show specifically in what areas they were approved (ie. multiple instruments) so on this list, you could say "oh, this song got approved even though it only has guitar and not bass, so we'll show that in our database somehow"
- make a list that shows what is available in each approved chart so people can work together to make it more complete and know that the platform they use to complete a song is a sound one
- allow people to not do certain instruments, if somebody does a sweet job on guitar but doesn't like bass, just make sure the system can alert people to that information
5. DO have a section for total completeness within this list, but don't disqualify others from getting in based on completeness, it will make it much harder to find good charts and stratify the quality too much to be user friendly
everything mentioned above is my personal opinion, and you don't like it, sorry... i'm just explaining things in a way that i believe makes logical sense... if anyone wants clarification on a certain part, i'd love to give it to help!! i'm sure i've confused at least a couple of you with this... thanks!