June 25, 201412 yr Quite a straight forward one but with the potential for lag on RS... What's the ideal setup when trying to play via an amp? Can the output be split so as to get your guitar / bass running through the dedicated amp, with rocksmith still playing through the monitor speakers. (I need to invest in a bass amp and before I do wanna see if it's worth getting better monitors instead) Cheers!
June 25, 201412 yr That's possible and some users already did it before. The in-game volume of the guitar is set to 0. In this case, the guitar is still recognized by RS but the audio of the backing track is put to the output of the computer.
June 25, 201412 yr I use a Radial BigShot ABY switch. Much more reliable than a splitter, produces a cleaner output, and has a true bypass so I don't need to mess with removing cables and changing Rocksmith settings to use both my amp and my stereo. I can also add in all of my pedals without signal degradation. However, it was a bit expensive ($80) and I didn't buy it just for Rocksmith. I use it for pumping 2 guitars into 1 amp. But... it has the added bonus of allowing two people to play Rocksmith in single player mode at the same time.
June 27, 201412 yr I use a Radial BigShot ABY switch. Much more reliable than a splitter, produces a cleaner output, and has a true bypass +1 on the Radial BigShot ABY. I have it and also recommend it. It also has a ground lift option, which I have found handy when throwing a PC running Amplitube into the loop.
July 10, 201412 yr I got a guitar amp (Fender Champ 12) with a 1 volt line out. Guitar to amp to rocksmith cable. 0 guitar volume on the computer. My nephew's amp (Vox AC5??) doesn't have a 1 volt line out, so I'd have needed a splitter. I'd decide on the amp, then see if you need the splitter. Guitar straight into the computer gives me bad lag. I think it takes about 1/3 of a second for the computer to process the sound. Probably just my computer isn't the best and I haven't turned any of the visuals off.
July 10, 201412 yr Guitar straight into the computer gives me bad lag. I think it takes about 1/3 of a second for the computer to process the sound. Probably just my computer isn't the best and I haven't turned any of the visuals off. That sounds like a buffer problem, not a problem within Rocksmith. Try changing the settings for your usb input, if you can. To remove the delay, you need to reduce the buffer. There's also a latency option within Rocksmith that you can try to change if you can't change the buffer on your usb input. It's a bit of a pain though because it relies on you visually timing everything to be in sync. Also make sure that your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements for Rocksmith. If it doesn't, you'll never get a perfectly smooth gaming experience no matter how many of the visuals you turn off. If it only just meets the requirements, it's a good idea to close down as many apps and processes as you can before running the game. That way all of your computer's resources will be available for RS.
July 10, 201412 yr Guitar straight into the computer gives me bad lag. I think it takes about 1/3 of a second for the computer to process the sound. Probably just my computer isn't the best and I haven't turned any of the visuals off. That sounds like a buffer problem, not a problem within Rocksmith. Try changing the settings for your usb input, if you can. To remove the delay, you need to reduce the buffer. There's also a latency option within Rocksmith that you can try to change if you can't change the buffer on your usb input. It's a bit of a pain though because it relies on you visually timing everything to be in sync. Also make sure that your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements for Rocksmith. If it doesn't, you'll never get a perfectly smooth gaming experience no matter how many of the visuals you turn off. If it only just meets the requirements, it's a good idea to close down as many apps and processes as you can before running the game. That way all of your computer's resources will be available for RS. Thanks, It's the sound of the guitar that lags. Doesn't the latency just change the backing track to the notes on the screen?? Although I could be wrong. It hasn't mattered much because my guitar sound comes out of the amp. It's only two player when I've been noticing it.
July 10, 201412 yr Guitar straight into the computer gives me bad lag. I think it takes about 1/3 of a second for the computer to process the sound. Probably just my computer isn't the best and I haven't turned any of the visuals off. That sounds like a buffer problem, not a problem within Rocksmith. Try changing the settings for your usb input, if you can. To remove the delay, you need to reduce the buffer. There's also a latency option within Rocksmith that you can try to change if you can't change the buffer on your usb input. It's a bit of a pain though because it relies on you visually timing everything to be in sync. Also make sure that your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements for Rocksmith. If it doesn't, you'll never get a perfectly smooth gaming experience no matter how many of the visuals you turn off. If it only just meets the requirements, it's a good idea to close down as many apps and processes as you can before running the game. That way all of your computer's resources will be available for RS. Thanks, It's the sound of the guitar that lags. Doesn't the latency just change the backing track to the notes on the screen?? Although I could be wrong. It hasn't mattered much because my guitar sound comes out of the amp. It's only two player when I've been noticing it. Nope, you are indeed correct. However, if the guitar delay is very small you can sometimes get things lined up with the in-game latency option. Your best bet for a solution will be changing the buffer on your usb input.
Quite a straight forward one but with the potential for lag on RS...
What's the ideal setup when trying to play via an amp?
Can the output be split so as to get your guitar / bass running through the dedicated amp,
with rocksmith still playing through the monitor speakers.
(I need to invest in a bass amp and before I do wanna see if it's worth getting better monitors instead)
Cheers!