I've been working on a project to improve the audience/crowd visuals in Rocksmith 2014.
So far, I've identified the shaders and textures used by the crowd at runtime, replaced the crowd shader, captured the live crowd textures, and successfully loaded custom higher-resolution crowd assets in-game.
I've also been experimenting with bringing the more natural-looking crowd colors from the original Rocksmith into RS2014 while keeping them integrated with the game's stage lighting.
At this point, most of the work required to load and control custom crowd assets is nearly finished. I'm now moving on to increasing the variety of the audience — different faces, appearances, clothing, and overall character diversity.
This will probably be the most time-consuming part of the project, since a large number of crowd assets need to be created and tested.
The long-term goal is to replace the blurry, ghost-like audience with a much more realistic and diverse crowd while keeping Rocksmith's existing crowd animation system.
For now, I just wanted to share that this project exists and is being worked on. If I eventually get it into a state that's good enough to release, I hope people will have some fun with it.
You can post now and register later.
If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.
I've been working on a project to improve the audience/crowd visuals in Rocksmith 2014.
So far, I've identified the shaders and textures used by the crowd at runtime, replaced the crowd shader, captured the live crowd textures, and successfully loaded custom higher-resolution crowd assets in-game.
I've also been experimenting with bringing the more natural-looking crowd colors from the original Rocksmith into RS2014 while keeping them integrated with the game's stage lighting.
At this point, most of the work required to load and control custom crowd assets is nearly finished. I'm now moving on to increasing the variety of the audience — different faces, appearances, clothing, and overall character diversity.
This will probably be the most time-consuming part of the project, since a large number of crowd assets need to be created and tested.
The long-term goal is to replace the blurry, ghost-like audience with a much more realistic and diverse crowd while keeping Rocksmith's existing crowd animation system.
For now, I just wanted to share that this project exists and is being worked on. If I eventually get it into a state that's good enough to release, I hope people will have some fun with it.