November 9, 20187 yr In the song I'm trying to make, I need to have a slide start in the middle of a note, can anyone help me find something in EOF that can do this?
November 9, 20187 yr Unless anything's changed, you should be able to author this as a sustained note, add linknext status to it (from the "edit pro guitar note" dialog) and then place another note on the same string where the slide begins. Define the slide status and slide end position on the latter note.
November 10, 20187 yr Author @@raynebc I forgot to mention that this occurs when a second note to create a chord starts and the first note goes uninterrupted, so that might not work. Sorry for not clarifying completely
November 11, 20187 yr Can you post a picture of the guitar tablature depicting this, just so I make sure I understand the scenario you're describing?
November 12, 20187 yr Wouldn't this work? EOF will output that as 3 single notes, with the two of them on the A string linked together: <note time="0.500" string="1" fret="3" sustain="0.500" linkNext="1" ignore="0" slideTo="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" bend="0" hopo="0" hammerOn="0" pullOff="0" tap="0" mute="0" palmMute="0" harmonic="0" harmonicPinch="0" accent="0" leftHand="-1" pluck="-1" slap="-1" tremolo="0" vibrato="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" /> <note time="1.000" string="1" fret="3" sustain="0.500" linkNext="0" ignore="0" slideTo="5" slideUnpitchTo="-1" bend="0" hopo="0" hammerOn="0" pullOff="0" tap="0" mute="0" palmMute="0" harmonic="0" harmonicPinch="0" accent="0" leftHand="-1" pluck="-1" slap="-1" tremolo="0" vibrato="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" /> <note time="1.000" string="3" fret="5" sustain="0.500" linkNext="0" ignore="0" slideTo="7" slideUnpitchTo="-1" bend="0" hopo="0" hammerOn="0" pullOff="0" tap="0" mute="0" palmMute="0" harmonic="0" harmonicPinch="0" accent="0" leftHand="-1" pluck="-1" slap="-1" tremolo="0" vibrato="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" />
November 12, 20187 yr Author if the "end slide at fret #" is linked to the highest string and the lower strings follow the same amount of frets to slide, that would be fine. I can't seem to find where "slideTo=" is anywhere, so if what I said isn't how eof works, I'm going to need to figure out where I can find that and edit it so it works how I need it to be.
November 12, 20187 yr Solution The slide ending is linked to the lowest fretted string in the chord, ie. in the above example, the A string slides from fret 3 to 5, and the G string slides the same number of frets (from 5 to 7).
In the song I'm trying to make, I need to have a slide start in the middle of a note, can anyone help me find something in EOF that can do this?