July 24, 20188 yr Hi all This is my first post. I am keen to start using cdlc as im fed up paying for dlc as it so expensive. I have to buy a laptop first and i was wondering if this one would be up to the task. m.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-Stream-11-y053na-11-6-32GB-Windows-10-Laptop-White-/112926210667 Im not too knowledgeable about laptops and pcs etc hence the need for my question. Thanks
July 24, 20188 yr Hey, man... I bought this laptop and so far so good:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015PYYDMQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
July 24, 20188 yr That Stream laptop in the first post is a very low powered computer. I wouldn't expect it to be good for gaming.
July 24, 20188 yr First of all, what is your budget and what are your expectations from the laptop? Any suggestion would be random without knowing those. Rocksmith doesn't require a high spec PC but that Stream notebook is indeed crappy. Don't buy the laptop linked in the second post either, it's a 2 gen old machine. I'd go with something like this MIN for AAA title gaming:https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Gaming-Laptop-G5587-5859BLK-PUS-Anti-Glare/dp/B07CD3MRZD/ref=sr_1_11?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1532460422&sr=1-11&refinements=p_36%3A2421890011%2Cp_n_feature_fourteen_browse-bin%3A2057441011
July 24, 20188 yr Author I just need something for rocksmith and only rocksmith. Im not into pc gaming i use my ps4 for all my gaming needs. Thanks
July 24, 20188 yr If you don't prefer a portable computer, desktop computers are generally cheaper than laptops of comparable power.
July 25, 20188 yr Author Im afraid its a laptop only.Im pushed for space and dont have room for a desktop.
July 25, 20188 yr Rocksmith Championship Organizer Looks like the thing you will want is a second hand gaming laptop. If it´s RS only you are good to go with a 2-4 year old model, what you will want is - dedicated graphics card (Nvidia or Ati doesnt matter)- at least 8 gig ram- i5 cpu or up- 15 or even 17" screen Nothing else will really matter Those come really cheap, 150-300€/$ you are in. Don´t go underpowered!!! -= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =--= Rodmans Shred Course =--= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-VI I-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =- -= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =--= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =--= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =- On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said: I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.
July 25, 20188 yr You still haven't told us what your budget is, and there is no ATi laptop from 2-4 years ago. ATi died over 10 years ago when AMD bought them, who even still says ATi for AMD that is beyond me...and honestly, you won't get far with a $300 laptop. I bought a Precision M6600 for $275, and that was about it. It's a well built machine with a workstation version of the 6970, and it sucks badly in games like PUBG or Siege. Those games are unplayable on it, however it would play RS without any issues I suppose.I wouldn't suggest that laptop as it's a workstation rather than a gaming machine. As for the rest, there will be 4GB RAM laptops that are kept in their original condition, you can always add another 4GB stick of DDR3. That's really cheap. Same goes for old CPUs, you can replace a dual core with a quad on the cheap. It's just the GPUs that cause a problem when replaced sometimes. MXM cards are hard to find and expensive.
July 25, 20188 yr Author Sorry puddle of mudd for lack of info. My budget is about £200.I dont want to play any games apart from rocksmith.I cannot reiterate that enough.I dont care for pc gaming i just want the ability to play cdlc.
July 25, 20188 yr Well then yeah, you can indeed buy some cheap used laptop within the specs Rodman mentioned. Here is one:https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-Envy-Laptop-i7-Laptop-Sleeve-Carrier-Case-Bag-Willing-to-Trade/163137403427?hash=item25fbbf3a23:g:OZ0AAOSwHlRbN1B1The 770M can handle Rocksmith and then so on if you want to play a bit more intensive stuff. It's 90 Pounds above your budget but maybe make him an offer.
July 25, 20188 yr Author www.littlewoods.com/lenovo-120s-intelreg-pentiumreg-4gbnbspram-64gb-emmc-11-inch-laptop-ndash-grey/1600202716.prd Would that cut it?
July 25, 20188 yr That looks bit of a netbook form of laptop because of the 11 inch display. I have a TabPro S that has a 12 inch screen and it's frankly pretty small. No discrete GPU and low resolution display too. The screen is an IPS however so it should look good.I'd look into something with an older quad core at least. Those Pentiums tend to lag, and I believe you will want more screen estate than 11 inches for reading Rocksmith.
July 25, 20188 yr Author Ah puddle i would be using the hdmi out to my tv so the screen size isnt a big deal to me.
July 25, 20188 yr Still, it's not a laptop that's built for long gaming sessions in mind. More of a net surfer. The CPU is weak as was said before and it has no discrete GPU. For the money, I think you would be much better off buying a laptop like the one I linked. Better be safe than sorry.
July 26, 20188 yr Hey guys, I have rocksmith on ps4 and pc and just discovered the existence of Cdlc, and I'm really excited to try it. To use it, I need to buy a new laptop, so I was wondering if someone could help suggest me a good laptop with a budget around 1k. Here is how I'm gonna use the computer 1)play rocksmith on my tv via hdmi2)use music producing programs like reaper and connect instruments to record music3)listen to music I will not stream videos, play other games than rocksmith 2014, and will not require more memory than the cdlc files and music recordings. So yeah it's a new project that is largely motivated by the cdlc on customsforge, being a big music fan, seeing all the songs on the database is blowing my mind!!! :) Thanks! (Did you find something smitty248?)
July 26, 20188 yr You could buy that Dell laptop linked in post #4, it's a pretty good machine and is plenty for your needs.
August 8, 20188 yr Author I got sorted.A guy in work gave me his old laptop.Bought rocksmith off someone on ebay for 12 quid and now have a ton of cdlc im working through.Most of it is really good but some tones especially on some Rush songs have been horrible but most of the other stuff is spot on.
August 8, 20188 yr Rocksmith Championship Organizer You still haven't told us what your budget is, and there is no ATi laptop from 2-4 years ago. ATi died over 10 years ago when AMD bought them, who even still says ATi for AMD that is beyond me... ... Hahahaha, no offence, man!Yes, it´s AMD for a while now, you know sometimes it sticks. -= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =--= Rodmans Shred Course =--= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-VI I-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =- -= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =--= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =--= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =- On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said: I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.
August 8, 20188 yr Don't buy an Acer Predator Helios. I got one, way over powered for RS, but there is something with its native sound that lags pretty bad regardless of trying everything ever listed for reducing lag.
Hi all
This is my first post.
I am keen to start using cdlc as im fed up paying for dlc as it so expensive.
I have to buy a laptop first and i was wondering if this one would be up to the task.
m.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-Stream-11-y053na-11-6-32GB-Windows-10-Laptop-White-/112926210667
Im not too knowledgeable about laptops and pcs etc hence the need for my question.
Thanks