February 14, 20188 yr Hi Everyone I got a question how long does it take to learn to create n your first cdlc if you are good with computer and after you did quite a few how long would it take. Thanks
February 19, 20188 yr Solution From my short experience:Depends on what you mean.Learning how to do it takes some time, but EOF and RSToolkit are not too difficult to understand if you're really into it, and even if they could (are keep being) improved, they do the job nicely.Then it depends, it goes from within an hour if you grab an Ultimate Guitar tab and convert it if you just want something that plays...To 10s of hours if you transcribe the song yourself, do the vocal, lead, rhythm, bass (and potentially others) parts, polish every single detail, fret position, finger position, hand shapes, exact duration, clean preview song, etc... Again, I'm not a pro, but usually my process is:- Find a good guitar pro file- Use Transcribe! to check measure after measure every part and add the vocals if I need to (and determine the BPM)- Use Audacity to adapt the audio file and create the preview close to what you hear from ODLCs- Use WWise to convert them- Use my custom made tool to create the vocal part using the Guitar Pro file- Check every guitar part to create 1 to 4 guitar tracks that sounds playable- Add Phrases for each of these track- In EOF, sets the fret positions, finger positions, handshapes, and polish the notes duration to make it look like an official DLC- Create the DLC, in RSToolkit- Debug phrase by phrase each track in Rocksmith 2014 That really takes a long time
February 19, 20188 yr FYI you don't have to use Wwise anymore. The toolkit will run it for you if you have it installed.
February 21, 20188 yr FYI you don't have to use Wwise anymore. The toolkit will run it for you if you have it installed.I know, but for a control-freak like me, I prefer to use WWise so I can use the settings I want, and most importantly (but maybe you can do it in RSToolkit?) manage the preview myself, especially the fade in and out that most of CDLC I've tried are missing.
February 21, 20188 yr Administrator @@Toopee You can still manage the preview yourself without using wwise as long as the file are correctly named... Using wwise is just looking for issue to creep up and that will also prevent you from using any recent version of wwise which isn't a limitation for the toolkit thanks to the dev magic :) Firekorn's workshop In Flames Discography #FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity
February 22, 20188 yr @@Toopee You can still manage the preview yourself without using wwise as long as the file are correctly named... Using wwise is just looking for issue to creep up and that will also prevent you from using any recent version of wwise which isn't a limitation for the toolkit thanks to the dev magic :)....Ok, ok.... Well, yeah right, I should have checked this... if RSToolkit does support custom previews, then it's totally no worth spending time in WWise (even if it's not that boring once you've made the right setup ;))
February 22, 20188 yr Iirc I didn't really had to learn anything, I just followed carefully a tutorial (firekorn's I think) and when you know the steps yourself it goes pretty fast if the sync is already good : less than 10min, even less than 5 if the sync is perfect and if you don't bother with phrases/sections/lyrics thingies (most of the time I just use the ones in the guitar pro tab) and if you don't count the testing/uploading/posting to customsforge part. Envoyé de mon SM-A510F en utilisant Tapatalk
Hi Everyone I got a question
how long does it take to learn to create n your first cdlc if you are good with computer
and after you did quite a few how long would it take.
Thanks