April 6, 201412 yr I saw these on Ebay, I nearly wet myself laughing. However someone might find them useful ... http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Rocksmith-Compatible-Multi-Coloured-Electric-Guitar-strings-/00/s/NzAwWDcwMA==/z/H9wAAOxyV-xR5mpP/$%28KGrHqRHJBYFHKZ0oeO8BR5mpPicw%21~~60_12.JPG Sex is like spreading butter on toast. Sure you can do it with a credit card, but its so much easier with a knife :shock:
April 6, 201412 yr I saw these on Ebay, I nearly wet myself laughing. However someone might find them useful ... I have those on my bass at the moment, and they are awesome.The sound and the quality of the string is very good.They glow but only under UV or UV-A.(blacklight)http://imgur.com/PFUIxTW.jpg Check out my Workshop!Can't test my Lead/Rythm arrangements 'cause my guitar is broken. I play bass mainly.
April 6, 201412 yr I found them very useful really helped me a lot learning to play with Rock Smith. :wub: My mother said I could grow up to be anything I wanted So I became an Asshole. :D
April 7, 201412 yr I had a 9-46 set of these and will probably get another set when I'm through all of my other 9-46.I dislike the uneven-intensity glow, but I guess it's better than no glow at all.Only some pick materials will work with these strings - carbon fibre picks, for example, will scratch that coating right off. If you're talented enough to pick-tap, then say goodbye to your coating...
August 2, 201412 yr Ive seen these on ebay and nearly wet myself too, just broke my B and no spares, so I may get a set to try. hmmmmmmm. better get some real strings too lol
August 2, 201412 yr i had these for three days and my first string snapped. not using these again. My Workshop My Custom Inlay My Twitch Channel Disturbed Discography Eluveitie Discography
August 7, 201412 yr I've got these on both my guitars (9s on one, 10s on the other). Not sure that they are the absolute best sounding strings in the world, but they sure have helped with the game...
August 18, 201412 yr Author I saw these on Ebay, I nearly wet myself laughing. However someone might find them useful ... I have those on my bass at the moment, and they are awesome.The sound and the quality of the string is very good.They glow but only under UV or UV-A.(blacklight)http://imgur.com/PFUIxTW.jpg You have these on a bass? are you sure? Sex is like spreading butter on toast. Sure you can do it with a credit card, but its so much easier with a knife :shock:
August 21, 201412 yr Can anyone vouch for a specific brand of colored strings? I'd really like to get some for my friend who typically abuses his guitar and breaking a string would probably cause him to stop playing until I replace it for him. Not really concerned with glowing or lighting, just as a visual reference to match up strings with the rocksmith display.
August 21, 201412 yr I saw these on Ebay, I nearly wet myself laughing. However someone might find them useful ... I have those on my bass at the moment, and they are awesome.The sound and the quality of the string is very good.They glow but only under UV or UV-A.(blacklight)http://imgur.com/PFUIxTW.jpg You have these on a bass? are you sure? Maybe not the ones he pointed in the link, but the same model just for bass. ;)These ones to be exact Check out my Workshop!Can't test my Lead/Rythm arrangements 'cause my guitar is broken. I play bass mainly.
August 21, 201412 yr Can anyone vouch for a specific brand of colored strings? I'd really like to get some for my friend who typically abuses his guitar and breaking a string would probably cause him to stop playing until I replace it for him. Not really concerned with glowing or lighting, just as a visual reference to match up strings with the rocksmith display.if your friend stops playing guitar because he breakes a string, then it isn't worth buying them for him, that just shows, that your friend dont "really" want to learn guitar... it requires time and money.
August 21, 201412 yr Good point CthulhuDawn. I mean, the reason I started playing Rocksmith in the first place was because I borrowed his copy and his cheapo guitar - but it seems like he is less interested in playing now that I'm better than him (and I still suck massively). I appreciate the insight and thanks for making customs!
August 22, 201412 yr Can anyone vouch for a specific brand of colored strings? I'd really like to get some for my friend who typically abuses his guitar and breaking a string would probably cause him to stop playing until I replace it for him. Not really concerned with glowing or lighting, just as a visual reference to match up strings with the rocksmith display.personally IMO I don't think they are such a great idea anyway....might be a hard habit to break (looking at the strings when your trying to play later on) not only that but CthulhuDawn is right, your friend needs to be a little more committed than that if he actually intends to learn how to play.... as it doesn't exactly come easy for most people
August 22, 201412 yr I saw these on Ebay, I nearly wet myself laughing. However someone might find them useful ... http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Rocksmith-Compatible-Multi-Coloured-Electric-Guitar-strings-/00/s/NzAwWDcwMA==/z/H9wAAOxyV-xR5mpP/$%28KGrHqRHJBYFHKZ0oeO8BR5mpPicw%21~~60_12.JPGLol i got these once and the neon coating came off. and i like daddario.
August 25, 201412 yr Yeah, the coating does come off, but only in certain places (like where you strum or near the frets) so overall they keep their helpful colour.
October 1, 201412 yr I like that they are "Rocksmith Compatible" lol. Lots of reviewers have said they broke the high E just stringing up with those neon coated strings, so I haven't really tried them myself. They have went down in price in the last year though. They were as much as 20 bucks a set a while back. Still contemplating buying a set though. Maybe if I see them on sale for $4 or so. Cloudsong it sounds like your friend is one of those "Broken string, sold AS-IS for parts" kinda guys. :D
October 23, 201411 yr I have them. They work really well and the coating does last quite much handling. As said before, it comes off mainly in places where you strum or near the frets. As a beginner, I have found them very useful, since I don't need to "look for the strings" that much. My Customs:http://customsforge.com/topic/12640-anderis-customs/?hl=anderi%26%2339%3Bs+customs Mokoma - Toista maata Flyleaf - So I ThoughtBleed The Sky - Minion Thrice - For MilesLenny Kravitz - Always On The Run
October 31, 201411 yr On my 2nd set of Neons on my guitar had multi 1st then swapped to pink ones heavier gage the heavy ones are nice managed to strip all the coating off my low e tho had them for about 2-3 months so to bad for the price. Dunno if anyone said but strings direct does them in the uk
October 31, 201411 yr I buy these all the time but only use the blue and orange, I seem to have a hard time finding those 2 strings when playing so I just color them for reference. I use chrome flat wounds on the rest. :wub: My mother said I could grow up to be anything I wanted So I became an Asshole. :D
October 31, 201411 yr My only fear with those strings and rocksmith is that you develop too much of a crutch, expecting strings to be colored all of the time.
November 3, 201411 yr I've never liked gimick strings. If you can prove better tonal response sustain ect, great, but colored? Forget that noise.Correct picking with come with time. DL the "Sweet Child O' Mine" CDLC on here and RR the crap out of the main riff.
I saw these on Ebay, I nearly wet myself laughing. However someone might find them useful ...
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Rocksmith-Compatible-Multi-Coloured-Electric-Guitar-strings-/00/s/NzAwWDcwMA==/z/H9wAAOxyV-xR5mpP/$%28KGrHqRHJBYFHKZ0oeO8BR5mpPicw%21~~60_12.JPG
Sex is like spreading butter on toast. Sure you can do it with a credit card, but its so much easier with a knife :shock: