September 23, 201610 yr What would you guys think are some good warmup songs? Especially for Bass? Shit Bassist GG WP
October 12, 20169 yr Hej, I play som warmup parts of Wicked game from Him You will also find this song in RS2014
October 14, 20169 yr Author Might have to try that out. I have been using Audioslave Like A Stone lately to warm up my hands :) Shit Bassist GG WP
October 23, 20169 yr Hej, I play som warmup parts of Wicked game from Him You will also find this song in RS2014 Nice... that was my first custom for this site from memory... (there was a site b4 that shall not be named) https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__ Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links... just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones... and hoping to make a small come-back with some new CDLC ideas... ______________________________________________________________________________ YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C... ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)... Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock... (3 BASSES + 2 ELECTRIC G + 2 ACOUSTICS + a UKE) Les Paul Special II - Guitar IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL... After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar = 🙂
October 23, 20169 yr I Only really play Bass Various Genres but hardly play guitar so i def test all my CDLC esp for BASS Accuracy + Playability... but i am not musically trained still... Check out some of my customs... Maybe the Nine Inch Nails songs for eg... i often warm up with NIN - "Just Like You Imagined" ... especially cause i found warming up with songs that only use one string to be a be too limiting... it doesn't warm up anything for me anymore... Various Easy BASS Songs:Korn - For You (4U)Marilyn Manson - The NobodiesLinkin Park - NumbNINE INCH NAILS - I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO JOINING YOU, FINALLY (Newly Added by me to this site) For More of a Warmup : GOJIRA https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__ Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links... just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones... and hoping to make a small come-back with some new CDLC ideas... ______________________________________________________________________________ YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C... ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)... Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock... (3 BASSES + 2 ELECTRIC G + 2 ACOUSTICS + a UKE) Les Paul Special II - Guitar IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL... After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar = 🙂
October 23, 20169 yr Actually, I use my warm up time to lock in songs I have memorized (mostly random folk and classical) or go through scales. It's the time I use to practice things that have become boring, working on lyricism and phrasing and then, if I've gotten that far, I start moving them around the neck, into different keys. It's the ears and theory time, really. That long slow process of learning scales by ear so the brain doesn't have to think about where a certain sound is on the fret board. Figure the ears don't need warm up, so they can get working as soon as I plug in.
May 14, 20188 yr Gojira - The Fall & Over The Flows for eg... before playing heavier Gojira...some Nine Inch Nails or Eminem on Bass is fairly easy / repetitive if that helps... (try Bass Emulation on Guitar if need be) https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__ Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links... just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones... and hoping to make a small come-back with some new CDLC ideas... ______________________________________________________________________________ YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C... ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)... Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock... (3 BASSES + 2 ELECTRIC G + 2 ACOUSTICS + a UKE) Les Paul Special II - Guitar IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL... After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar = 🙂
December 13, 20187 yr 74-75, why do you only call me when your high & Jeremy, are current goto warm upslife in the fast lane - was actually created from a warm up exercise also I really recommend string skip saloon & ducks shooting game, without looking at the fret board (which does help in locking in where everything is with it out having to look/think, for the sake of 5mins a day to get rid of location hesitation is invaluable).
December 15, 20187 yr The Lost Art of Goat Sacrificing by Impaled Nazarene is what I usually warmup with :)
March 5, 20197 yr Eye in the Sky by the Alan Parsons Project. Lots of notes to play. Helps be get the clock in my head calibrated.
July 11, 20197 yr +1 on the Guitarcade. I typically use Session Mode for about 10 minutes to get warmed up, but Guitarcade can be useful as well.
July 19, 20197 yr Anything you're good at basically, I usually increase difficulty while warming up. I end up playing Hysteria as my first song of the session, then some Rush (any of them really, I love to play those) and then go for more technical songs to improve =)
October 14, 20196 yr I tend to use 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road' as a warmup for bass. It covers most of the fretboard, all of the strings get a good amount of play, and it's a decently paced song to wake my fingers up.
What would you guys think are some good warmup songs? Especially for Bass?
Shit Bassist GG WP