March 7, 201412 yr Author I just tried a test, I took a tab I made in GP6 Lite, and chucked into GoPlayalong. And the resulting xml cant be opened in the EOF
March 7, 201412 yr That's because EOF doesn't support GPX (the format used in Guitar Pro 6) files. I used to recommend WebTabPlayer to convert it to GP5 format (something the free version of GP6 won't do), but that site has been broken for months now (it corrupts GP files). The development version of Tux Guitar supposedly can open and convert GPX files, but you'd have to compile it yourself since they haven't uploaded a binary for it in a long time.
March 7, 201412 yr If you download the tab in GP5 format, the file is corrupted and won't open in Guitar pro 5 or Tuxguitar. I tried it again before posting just to make sure.
March 8, 201412 yr Author I uploaded the gpx file and it gave me .gpx.gp5 in return.Also I downloaded tuxguitar, so thats like Guitar Pro I take it. But it wont read the .gpx files either
March 8, 201412 yr EOF tries to repair errors in Webtabplayer's Guitar Pro files, but sometimes they can't be easily repaired. I imagine you'll find that .gpx.gp5 file won't open in other tab programs.
March 8, 201412 yr Also I downloaded tuxguitar, so thats like Guitar Pro I take it. But it wont read the .gpx files eitherActually it can, but not with the version that is available for download.There's http://sourceforge.net/projects/tuxguitar-fork/ which has gpx plugin for download, not sure if it works.I'll try to compile whole TuxGuitar for Windows but I don't promise anything.edit: Here you go https://www.dropbox.com/s/zcwzmptqxgrp9om/tuxguitar-1.3-SNAPSHOT-windows-x86.r1104.zip but it apparently requires Java to be installed shrubbery's DLCs
March 8, 201412 yr Author Thanx, I downloaded the zip and got an error when I ran the tuxguitar exe it said error with JVM. No idea what that is
March 9, 201412 yr I'll try to compile whole TuxGuitar for Windows but I don't promise anything.edit: Here you go https://www.dropbox.com/s/zcwzmptqxgrp9om/tuxguitar-1.3-SNAPSHOT-windows-x86.r1104.zip but it apparently requires Java to be installedWorks great! Thanks a bunch!
March 9, 201412 yr @@raynebc In case you haven't seen that one:http://hcoder.org/2012/10/13/writing-music-printing-gpx-files/ See guitarpro-viewer-1.1.zip (alphaTab.js)
March 9, 201412 yr Looks like it's only available in Javascript or .NET, I wouldn't know where to start to try to integrate it with EOF.
March 13, 201412 yr Looks like it's only available in Javascript or .NET, I wouldn't know where to start to try to integrate it with EOF.can help with .NET if you need it, its not so difficult as C through Donate with PayPal Latest Toolkit build (PC) My Workshop \\\\ Amon Amarth Workshop (by Generalsnus) Tool Discography
March 13, 201412 yr What would EOF use it for though? Leveraging either the GPX import of the tablature printing features would require EOF to translate between its own memory structures for an arrangement and those of guitarpro-printer, which I would expect would still be a big undertaking since EOF doesn't even store notes in a strict format based on measures.
March 17, 201412 yr header = io.read_int # BCFZresult = []expected_length = io.read_intwhile result.size < expected_length flag = io.read_bit if flag == 1 word_size = io.read_bits(4) offset = io.read_bits_reversed(word_size) size = io.read_bits_reversed(word_size) source_position = result.size - offset to_read = [offset, size].min result.concat result[source_position...source_position+to_read] else size = io.read_bits_reversed(2) size.times { result << io.read_byte } end end@@raynebcShort code to decompress .gpx files. In result, you'll find a xml file
March 18, 201412 yr Short code to decompress .gpx files. In result, you'll find a xml fileEOF's Rocksmith XML import code is well over a thousand lines of code. Thinking about how many more might have to be written for Guitar Pro 6's format makes my head hurt. Shrubbery posted a Windows build of the latest TuxGuitar source, and that works for converting GPX to GP5. That's the best solution for now.
March 20, 201412 yr Author Yeah I'm using that tux, after I work gp lite to convert down Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Anyone know where to get GP5?
Or is there a way of using GP6 Lite files in EOF?