August 24, 201511 yr Hey Guys, I recently got curious of what people would rather use.Would you use active Pickups (plug n play) or use the passive pickups for your guitar ?Which ones do you use right now and what do you think about them ?Are you looking for new ones ?I recently got curious about those plug n play active pickups and wanted to know what you guys think. [emoji16]
August 24, 201511 yr Hey Guys, I recently got curious of what people would rather use.Would you use active Pickups (plug n play) or use the passive pickups for your guitar ?Which ones do you use right now and what do you think about them ?Are you looking for new ones ?I recently got curious about those plug n play active pickups and wanted to know what you guys think. [emoji16] I'm really don't see any point installing active pickups when you have a cheap gear and so on (I don't mean you @@DevStereo, just in general). Originally as I know active pickups were invented to make guitar signal not fade much because of very high resistance of long cables used on scenes, but now as you know on scene wireless systems are used (so cable is short) and if you practicing at home you don't have such problem too. Another point is that I know anybody capable of soldering given him a bunch of components will make a preamlifier in 10 minutes, that will make the same effect as active pickups have but will economy you a decent amount of money. Everytime I look how much EMGs cost, I think I would better go and buy another guitar by adding a bit of money. If we are speaking about active pickups tones, it is a decision of taste and nothing more, like digital vs tubes or one guitar wood (shape, strings, etc.) vs another. Guitar world is full of different myths, you know. I've on my guitar passive pickups of unknown brand (I haven't disassemblied it). Rocksmith 2014 ChampionshipLeaderboardsSong selectionClass ListRank Signature stolen with minimal changes from @MaZtoR :)
August 24, 201511 yr I hate batteries. So without having ever tried to play with active i still think ill prefer passive. Rocksmith 2014 ChampionshipLeaderboardsSong selection
August 28, 201511 yr I haven't tried active pickups, but both my guitar and my bass have passive ones and at least for learning they're just fine and many players use passive pickups even when gigging. I guess it all comes down to preference of what sort of sound you're looking for. I might be interested in changing the pickups on my bass, but just because they've been made by Cheap-o Co., not because they're passive.
August 28, 201511 yr I wouldn't say it's about whether a pickup is active or passive but rather, WHAT it is. If you want, for example, a proper extreme distortion tone, then a single coil pickup like a stock Fender Strat pickup will likely never deliver you what a Burstbucker, Aldrich, PRS etc etc humbucker tone would deliver. It will just sound broken due the way the coil is bent inside the pickup in the single coil position.
Hey Guys,
I recently got curious of what people would rather use.
Would you use active Pickups (plug n play) or use the passive pickups for your guitar ?
Which ones do you use right now and what do you think about them ?
Are you looking for new ones ?
I recently got curious about those plug n play active pickups and wanted to know what you guys think. [emoji16]