February 26, 201511 yr Administrator Nope. You should try the BFMV DLC by ubisoft then ;) Ubisoft indicate pick scrape with a tapping and an unpitch slide at a high fret (between 17/22) it works pretty well and i've even tried it on some work with Tein on Meets metal CDLC in progress and it works as intended! Firekorn's workshop In Flames Discography #FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity
February 27, 201511 yr Administrator You can also add a hand mute if you want to make it really stand out and more obvious and it will still works the same way (and get recognized correctly) Firekorn's workshop In Flames Discography #FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity
February 27, 201511 yr I've never tried it but what about an unpitched slide with vibrato or tremolo? Might look quite nice in the chart, if it works at all.
February 27, 201511 yr Author I will have to mess around with it. I figured getting RS to recognize it correctly when it was done would be the hardest part. Is there an option in Eof to have a portion of a chart be excluded from having to hit a correct note?
February 27, 201511 yr Maybe if you apply the "ignore" status? My understanding is this will cause the note to display without a note head to indicate it isn't scored.
March 12, 201511 yr In Guitar Pro 6 I have been using a hand mute on the initial fret(s) / string(s) of where the pickslide starts. I then use the tremolo bar tool to set a divebomb for the speed and duration of the slide. This method seems to be a lot easier and faster than inputting a ton of muted 1/64 notes desending chromatically that cascade across 2 bars of music, like I have seen in some notation. It looks much nicer too. While this doesn't look quite like a pickslide in the Guitar Pro scoresheet (and I usually save a separate version of the finished Tab with a more traditional notation for the pickslide), what I end up with in the Rocksmith chart is something that looks and acts like a pickslide. And, to me anyway, it looks like a pickslide sounds...if that makes any sense. Rocksmith doesn't seem to be super anal about how it is actually played, and because a pickslide is mostly an ornamental technique instead of actual notes, all that is required is a reference marker of the starting point and duration of said pickslide. I have also been using the tremolo bar tool to do my slide ins and slide outs with great results. When I was using the actual slide in and slide out markers in Guitar Pro, Rocksmith was only showing the fret number of the start of the slide in/out instead of the note that the slide actually resolved to. In other words, the slides were reading like grace notes and only the fret numbers of the grace notes were showing up, instead of both the grace note and the true note of resolution. Since the desired effect of a slide in/out is purely ornamental, this method works just as well as it does for pickslides and Rocksmith doesn't seem to be too anal about these either.Hope this helps.
March 12, 201511 yr As far as how to do it in EOF...I don't know, since all of my notation is done in Guitar Pro 6 and most of my syncing is done in Go Play Along. I just thought someone could translate my GP method to EOF terms since I am not that well versed in actually charting songs in EOF.
March 12, 201511 yr Administrator EOF or guitar pro notation doesn't change much, we (the charter in general) should stick with a common notation so that it's clear for everyone at first sight how to play something in RS. Ubisoft already did set a standard notation for pick scrape in multiple DLC, so i think it's better to stick with that notation instead of creating alternative ones that would just confuse people. Firekorn's workshop In Flames Discography #FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity
March 12, 201511 yr You sound like you know what you're talking about grisley, why no customs posted :( Your GP6 method for pick scrapes sounds like what they were talking about about (basically an unpitched slide with a tap or mute on the origin). I am more interested in this slide ins/out you speak of. You can't do a slide-in in Rocksmith because it needs an origin note. Ideally we could do an unpitched slide up to the resolution, but thats just not possible. The method you describe I have actually used, and I stopped because I think it just makes the chart look more complicated than it has to be. It's fine for me, because I know what I did and I know the chart/tabs, but for someone playing the chart it simply does not make sense. You really need the resolution note identified to know finger placement to be used. I tend to, now, use a normal slide up to the resolution from a origin which makes sense i.e. in the same scale or even just the old 2 fret difference. I'd be interested to hear thoughts on this (from all) as the chart I am doing now has tonnes of slide ins (including a lot form open strings). Best way to do slide ins?
March 12, 201511 yr For an unscored slide-in, could you put an unpitched/pitched slide with ignore and linknext status right before the note?
March 12, 201511 yr Administrator For slide ins, it clearly as to be a pitch slide, there's always a starting point and an ending point even if the emphasis is put on the ending point only. For this i consider 2 things :the Fret Hand position at the ending pointthe Fret Hand position before the slide if you are playing the E strings at the 5th fret and you need to do a slide in to go up to the 12 fret of the G string. if you use the first finger for the 12 fret then choose the starting point as the 5th fret since you're finger was there in the first place, if you are using the the third finger, the starting point would probably be the 7th fret. Also using live videos to see what the actual guitarist do is a good thing to consider which fret he is starting at approx. Firekorn's workshop In Flames Discography #FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity
Is there a way in Eof to chart a pick scrape? Will RS recognize it?
Thanks