February 24, 201511 yr I just got my thunderstruck video blocked worldwide from my channel on youtube. I ask my fellow "youtubers" what do you do when this happens ? ( ofc i'm referring to me playing guitar :) not the original video )
February 24, 201511 yr Unfortunately, in the few cases where I have put up a Rocksmith playthrough video and it gets a worldwide block like that ... I think pretty much the only thing to do is give up (at least as far as that single video on YouTube is concerned). I don't monetize YouTube videos. The very idea of that disgusts me, actually. I personally feel like Rocksmith playthrough videos are / should be fair use, for several different reasons. Not for profit, educational, etc. Not to mention that they basically serve as free advertising for the artists / albums /songs in question. But, I don't have time, money, or lawyers to debate these things. Record companies do. So, YouTube (unfortunately in my opinion) pretty much HAS to err on the side of caution to avoid legal / financial repercussions. In the meantime, if you really want to fight the good fight and keep up videos that YouTube blocks on DMCA grounds, I think pretty much the only viable option is to take them to a competing host that is more lax about enforcing that nonsense. LiveLeak seems to be a popular alternative for hosting clips of TV shows that YouTube pulls (Daily Show, etc.), so maybe it would work for this purpose also. In my case, I generally don't care enough to bother... Although perhaps I should. -----------------------------Milkman DanMy YouTube channel (bass playthrough videos)My Customs Download Folder (my customs)
March 3, 201511 yr Invert one of the audio channels in your video. Either the LEFT channel or the RIGHT channel. not both. This will allow you to circumvent the copyright robots without messing with the pitch/speed of the song.
March 19, 201511 yr LiveLeak seems to be a popular alternative for hosting clips of TV shows that YouTube pulls. Oh no. That site is most about politics and shocking/disturbing tv news.Nothing or very poor to do with music stuff and not as popular as Dailymotion or Vimeo.Try them instead. :)
March 27, 201511 yr I frequent LiveLeak daily, I agree there are better outlets for musical videos such as what we make here lol
March 29, 201511 yr Whatever , by the way didn't know liveleak until that guy mention it. And skip it right away I better visit a news site if I bother with that stuff. As mediocre as it sounds. -_-
I just got my thunderstruck video blocked worldwide from my channel on youtube. I ask my fellow "youtubers" what do you do when this happens ?
( ofc i'm referring to me playing guitar :) not the original video )