September 26, 201412 yr So I bought a guitar to play the blues. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on cdlc to download that would fit this genre more. Thanks!
November 10, 201411 yr There are a couple of Freddie King songs that are fun. Can't remember the names off the top of my head. Green Onions is fun and easy. John Mayall/Eric Clapton's Little Girl is fun.
November 10, 201411 yr There's not enough! Actually just this moment decided to take it upon myself to put together some blues on bass for RS14.
November 10, 201411 yr There's not enough! Actually just this moment decided to take it upon myself to put together some blues on bass for RS14.Actually there are 85 songs tagged with "Blues". My workshop
November 11, 201411 yr http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/im-tore-down-r4648http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/think-it-over-r8482 While I agree with the SRV, good luck trying to play it. Had to add this, fucking fantastic: http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/matchbox-r9441
November 13, 201411 yr This one is cool by GetTheLedOut, will teach you a basic blues progression: 'Ramblin on my Mind' John Mayall and the Bluesbreakershttp://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/ramblin-on-my-mind-r1483Also , check out richomat's stuff ^ Got some solid blues here.http://search.customsforge.com/?u=richomat Although, I will admit we need some Buddy Guy.Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones use a lot of blues as well. I like some modern blues rock too like the Black Keys, Jonny Lang and Gary Clark Jr. Good Luck!
December 8, 201411 yr There's not enough! Actually just this moment decided to take it upon myself to put together some blues on bass for RS14.Actually there are 85 songs tagged with "Blues". I'm talking John Lee Hooker, Howlin Wolf, Bo Diddly, etc. Too much white man blues going on here :D
January 31, 20197 yr Such an old post - but here goes. Try Albert's Shuffle for some sweet Michael Bloomfield blues. Lot's of the three "Kings". Some nice Cream blues tunes (Sittin on Top of the World, Born under Bad Sign, Strange Brew), Clapton stuff from Layla and a real nice version of Stormy Monday. Anyway, I could go on. No one is posting much blues any more.
February 1, 20197 yr Administrator Such an old post - but here goes. Try Albert's Shuffle for some sweet Michael Bloomfield blues. Lot's of the three "Kings". Some nice Cream blues tunes (Sittin on Top of the World, Born under Bad Sign, Strange Brew), Clapton stuff from Layla and a real nice version of Stormy Monday. Anyway, I could go on. No one is posting much blues any more. A good list is on our newsletter this month! "Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"-Trent ReznorSupport Me (Via Patreon)
February 2, 20197 yr any Eric Clapton, SRV, all of the King's, Gary Moore and David Gilmour (he loves him some minor penatonic).
February 5, 20197 yr If you want bass blues try some Willie Dixon, Red Rooster is local to the original but if you want to chart Stones version I'm sure you have lots of downloads, at least when RS starts working again......
February 8, 20197 yr I know this is old, but if you just want some blues licks, there are a bunch under the artist "You" (I think that is the name). It's just short blues licks for practice. Very fun stuff to play, and pretty short. Not songs, per se, just practice licks.
So I bought a guitar to play the blues. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on cdlc to download that would fit this genre more. Thanks!