Rocksmith Custom Song Toolkit (toolkit) Q&A

@@Alex360 and @@cozy1

is there a reason why i cant put one arr in both guitar path? Like i have a combo arr that does consist of a mix of lead and rhythm guitar, now i want to have this combo arr in both the lead and rhythm path as bonus arr but the toolkit does not allow to add the same arr twice.

As far as i know even the Ubi notetracker do that when a song does have only a lead arr for example, they add the same arr as rhythm that way you dont need to switch in the game between both.

@@MadMaxx, ubi has lot's of missing rhythm arrangements, like: Afi - Total Immortal, all Billy Talent songs for now, Bz' Giri giri chop, The Doors - Riders on the storm, else

I did this sanity check to prevent issue at generation step for sng file.

So "the easy way" is to create duplicate of the file or duplicate it in EOF and then add that in toolkit, this will resolve your issue, but...

Adding same arrangement at rhythm is a bit confusing for me, I'm not that lazy to switch arrangement path to play my favourite song at all!

• Developer

@MadMaxx are there any CDLC or official DLC that exhibit the action you described?  Send me a link to the CDLC or the name of the official DLC (no links) and I will take a look.  Like Alex, my initial reaction would be to duplicate XML arrangement and give it another name, but there may be a better way once I see samples.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@@TomSawyer2112, @@Brooklyn_Sounds, I redid lots of code for showlights, now It works as expected, I'd like to improve generator more, discover how to add stroboscope effect, how to change animation of lights, etc.

@@Alex360 and @@cozy1

is there a reason why i cant put one arr in both guitar path? Like i have a combo arr that does consist of a mix of lead and rhythm guitar, now i want to have this combo arr in both the lead and rhythm path as bonus arr but the toolkit does not allow to add the same arr twice.

There is no reason, other than you are trying to get the toolkit to pull the same file in twice.  Duplicate the file then get the Toolkit to pull in two separate files which happen to be the exact same chart.

Either

- Copy the Guitar.XML you want to duplicate and paste it into another folder (location on your hard drive).  Maybe best to rename it slightly different.  Now toolkit can pull them both in

- Copy and paste the gems (notes) in EoF into another track in EoF, like Guitar22 or even use a Bass track as a spare guitar track, then save.  EoF will then create 2 XMLs with different names with exact same chart.  Toolkit will have no problems then

- Run your guitar XML through DDC, have a DD version in Rhythm and non DD version in lead.  Again, exact same chart in two different paths

Problem is not toolkit, problem is lack of imagination :D

When the window to load the arrangement is open, select the arrangement you want to load twice, hold RMB  and move mouse, and Windows will ask to create a copy and adds copy to the name. Can't be more easy.

One major reason to do this is to add same arrangements with different tones.

I find it a bit disturbing that the path (mine may be a little long) takes up space, and the file name can't be identified.

I'd rather see ... (3 dots) as a path and then the filename of the arrangement.

A bit of handy changes was done, like:
*Using tone name while saving it to xml(toolkit tone)
*Sanity check for number of used effects, not it won't allow you to add more than 4 rack\pedals (lazy way, I'll redo it with interface reactions instead of message popup, like it's done for tone slots)
*Fixed PS3>PC conversion
*Added basic support for Amp\Cab skins, finnaly! @PC Plum ;)

*Fixed tone slots enable\disable event

*Fixed cent Offset reset(I'll add ability to set this by both cents and frequency)

In plans do more(especially tuning related changes) but this is what I've done for now :)

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy