Rocksmith Custom Song Toolkit (toolkit) Q&A

I am pleased to announce that new Rocksmith Custom Song Toolkit.

All thanks to the developers involved in the project that made this feasible possibility in so little time.

DEVS:
* me;
* Snakez;
* Maveth;
* Raynebc;
* Dreddfoxx;
* Alex360 (L0fka);
* Shrubbery (otaznik);
* Cozy1;
* Zephyrix;
* Xavatar (PowerSlinky);
* Chlipouni;
* Cgeorge;

TESTERS (consoles):
* Acid6D94 (XBox 360);
* Redeyed (PS3);
* Kim666 (PS3);

And among others for PC/Mac.

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.rscustom.net/

NOW WITH A RELEASE FOR MONO (CAN BE USED ON MAC) !!!

ANY ISSUE? TRY TO DOWNLOAD THE LAST BUILD:
http://www.rscustom.net/builds

IF PROBLEM PERSISTS, OPEN AN ISSUE IN THE PROJECT ON GITHUB:
https://github.com/rscustom/rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit/issues

NEW VERSION INCLUDE:

NEW IN 2.6.0.0:* New auto-update feature (shows changes from your version and allow update with one click);* Added InlayCreator (new package type to customize your guitar) [all credits to Cozy1 and Baoulletes for this feature];* Added config screen that you can pre-define some fields in toolkit;* Added song preview volume box to make preview independant of song volume;* Added structured project import option;* Added package author (charter name) inside the package (can be setup on config screen, default value is "Custom Song Creator", but you can define your name if you want);* Added background worker with progress bar for most toolkit features (Generate package, unpacker, update appid, etc);* Added option to use acronym in file names when generate packages;* Fixed DLCConverter CLI issues;* Fixed packer for mod purposes;* SNG 2 XML general issues fixed;* Enhanced package validation;* Toolkit random hangs fixed;* Package random crashes fixed;* Fixed auto-tone load with ToneC and ToneD in some cases;* Fixed Import Template from package (tuning frequency and some minor issues);* Fixed some existent appIds and added new ones;* DDC updated to 2.2;* Fixed packer for larger than 100mb files;* Minor issue fixes.

Note: RS2014 CDLC support almost all new features like new techniques, custom tunings, Tuning Pitch (frequency), Mac platform, etc.

This new version of toolkit require lastest version of Editor-on-Fire (EoF) 1.8RC8(r1281) or above.

To play custom songs on PC and Mac platform is required a patch to bypass song signature that will be released in a tutorial in smithyanvil. (for consoles is not required).

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

==============================================

CHANGE LOG:

2.5.0.0:* Packer/Unpacker Tab new layout;* New SNG Tab, that is the gui to sng2014 CLI;* New tool sng2014 CLI that allow pack/encrypt and decrypt/unpack sng, convert song xml to sng and sng to song xml;* DDC 2.1 update;* Packer/Unpacker now generate song xml if it doesn't exists;* DLC Converter now supports non custom packages;* DDC now supports non custom packages;* Changed keyboard shortcuts from Global to OnFocus;* Fixed game file packer like cache.psarc for mod purposes;* Allow DragDrop in DDC Tab file list;* Fixed absolute paths in Mac;* Fixed DD bars not appears in song preview;* Changed package and template default name replacing "_" to "-" in name spaces;* Fixed tuning frequency in toolkit is not the same in game;* Fixed DDC progress bar not update;* Fixed tuning pitch/frequency is not imported on Import template or DLC Converter;* AppId updated;* Fixed sng cleanups that cause arrangement don't start play after tuning in some cases;* New showlight algorithm that works better;* Fixed tuning auto selector in some cases;2.4.1.0:* Allow Update AppId for Mac packages;* Showlights are now generated by toolkit;* Fixed a lot of bugs in DLC Converter envolved XBox 360 and PS3 conversions;* Added sng2014 CLI to unpack/decrypt and encrypt/pack a SNG 2014 file;* Fixed error when Dynamic Difficulty level bars are not displayed in DDC generated files;* Added recent AppIds;* Added arguments to predefine platform and game version on packer CLI;* Fixed RS1 Packer/Unpacker and RS1 AppId Updater;* DDC Tab was improved;* Fixed "Index out of range" on any key is pressed in DLC Package Creator Tab;* Fixed issue when wem file was wrongly converted in some cases;* General small fixes. 2.4.0.1:* Added One Click Dynamic Difficulty Generator for custom song packages;* Added Import project template from Package (You generate a project from a package, edit values and regenerate song again without loss information);* Added Tuning Editor (now you can edit and add new tunings from GUI);* New tunings are now automatically imported to local database when add new arrangement or import packages;* Added option to use DDC Tab with Clean Process (overwrite original arrangament xml and don't generate DDC logs);* DDC updated to 2.0 with two new difficulty templates (thanks to Chlipouni);* Removed "Change output folder" from DDC Tab because the normal process doesn't overwrite original file, so this feature have no utility;* Fixed Mac > PC DLC conversion;* Added shortcut for most used actions in DLC Package Creator Tab:--- Ctrl + Shift + O = Open Package Template;--- Ctrl + Shift + S = Save Package Template;--- Ctrl + Shift + I = Import * Package Template;--- Ctrl + Shift + G = Generate Package (song);--- Ctrl + Shift + A = Add new Arrangement;--- Ctrl + Shift + T = Add new Tone;* Fixed some packer CLI issues. 2.3.1.0:* Fixed CAPO feature in CLDC;* Fixed Tuning Pitch (CentOffSet) for some tuning frequencies;* Added option to duplicate a tone;* Fixed DLC Converter when convert X360 packages from another platform;* A lot of fixes in DLC Converter (song year is 0, lost dynamic density, vocal and preview are lost, etc);* Recover RS2012 package generation support;* DDC updated to 1.9;* A lot fixes for DDC integration;* Added default name when generate package;* Added version field for user define version of the package;* Added validation for null tones to avoid problem with CDLC;* Added recently official DLC App Ids;* Fixed ParentPrevNote in song file (sng);* Set RS14 as default version in DLC Packer/Unpacker;* Defined Cherub Rock as default app id in DLC Converter;* A lot of fixes in showlights;* Added option to open folder where package was saved;* A lot of minor bug fixes. 2.3.0.0:* Package Creator only need one audio file to create packages for all platforms (RS1 and RS2014);* Tone import from profile (You can design your tone in Tone Design in game and import in Toolkit);* DDC update to v1.5 (thanks to chlipouni);* Added java check/explanation for PS3 package creation;* DLC Converter minor fixes;* Fixed AppId disappears when PC is not selected;* Fixed problem with pack/unpack RS2014 game files (for mod purporses);* Minor bug fixes. 2.2.2.1:* Fixed issue with load/create new and save tones;* Fixed bonus Arrangement displaying as normal arrangement;* Make the second arrangement of the same arrangement type as ALTERNATE arrangement ingame;* DDC Tab fixes and enhancements;* Fixed issue with load bass arrangement that have more than one tuning match in tuningdefinition repository;* Added fixes to solution to compile with mono in Mac;* Fixed default AppId is not setup when toolkit load;* Make US Holliday Pack (RS1) and Cherub Rock (RS14) as default AppId;* Fixed AppId not update on DLC Converter tab when target is PC/Mac. 2.2.2.0:* New DLC Converter CLI tool;* Fixed Audio Decode when Unpack songs in some environments;* Added option to convert ogg audio file between platforms like (WEM file);* RS1: Fixed error knob button not enable for editing and not load from package template;* DLC Converter: Fixed tmp folder not deleted after conversion;* DLC Converter: Fixed some arrangement identifications that cause crash on some conversions;* Fixed tone slot not enable for any arrangements;* Tone slot are now disabled when arrangement with auto tone setup is selected to prevent auto tone change to fail (user can enable slots again by check an option); 2.2.1.0:* Audio Converter Tab now can convert .WEM files between platforms (Desktop  Console);* DLC Converter now convert any platform with one click;* DLC Converter now convert multiples files at once;* DDC updated to 1.4 (thanks to chlipouni);* More Auto Tone Change Improvements and validations;* packer CLI: Fixed file paths;* Minor bug fixes. 2.2.0.2:* DDC Tab updated with new DDC 1.3 and new better interface that allow to apply DD in arrangements xmls or packages;* DLC Convert fix for Mac platform and many improvements;* PS3 package name fix (can't be space character due to encryption limitation);* Added validation to average tempo to avoid invalid value alert;* New Appids;* Sorted AppIds by name to easy artist identification;* Fixed tone edit when imported tone;* Auto tone change improvements;* Removed gameplay path for RS1 packages;* Fixed tuning issues for RS1 packages;* Many improvements and bug fixes. 2.2.0.0:* Full support for create RS2014 custom songs (all toolkit features included like packer/unpacker, packer CLI, AppId Update, tone import, etc);* New improved interface;* All platforms supported, including Mac (RS2014) and a improved PS3 support;* RS2014 only: New DLC Converter (allow user to convert from any platform to another with one click);* DDC integrated (Dynamic Difficulty Creator) [thanks to chlipouni];* Packer/Unpacker now compatible with any platform and game version include PS3;* So many improvements and bug fixes. 1.4.0.1:* Added option to encrypt files on 'pcdecrypt.exe' CLI.* Fixed Repack (APP_ID) problem (issues #59 #61);* Fixed problem with special/accented characters on save/load DLC template and Tones (XML) (issue #54);* Fixed HandShape ChordId field is wrong type (issue 66). 1.4.0.0:* Added 'SNG/Package 2 Tablature' (ASCI) converter [thanks to Thierry Steinberg];* Added 'Packer/Unpacker' CLI (Using 'packer.exe' users can pack/unpack a song in command line);* Added 'Build' CLI (Using 'packer.exe' users can build a song in command line from Rocksmith DLC template *.dlc.xml)[thanks to Adam Sloboda]* Added an option to recreate SNG on 'Packer/Unpacker' tab;* Added an option to specify PersistentID and MasterID on arrangement (this feature allow user to maintain scores after rebuild a song)[thanks to Adam Sloboda];* SongAppId list moved to a Xml file (now users can add new AppId);* Several fixes and minor improvements. 1.3.0.0:* Added fully support for PS3 custom songs (generate edat files);* Fix US holiday pack ID;* Fixed executable name;* Minor bug fixes. 1.2.0.1:* Added partial support for PS3 custom songs (generate PSAC files, but need other tool to encrypt to .edat and pack into .pkg file);* Fixed a problem where bass tones were not labeled as bass tones;* Added a few APP_ID's, and fixed the Rush ones;* Minor bug fixes. 1.1.5.2:* Fixed problem in Ogg Converter Wwise decode in some environments;* Removed validation that requires them to have a section near the END phrase at the end of the song;* Added validation to block special characters in tone name to avoid unpacking problems and others;* Added function to allow user reorder arrangements and tones (using keyboard keys: up, down, page up, page down, -, +);* Changed packing function to preserve package signature type and all license keys of package. 1.1.5.1:* Fixed error when pack a XBox 360 multi-song DLC (DLC Pack);* Fixed the OGG decode process when path have spaces;* Added support to import tones from XBox 360 DLC packages;* Added option to decode OGG when unpack songs;* Added button to restart application. 1.1.5.0:* Added function to convert Wwise/Rocksmith OGG format to OGG default readable by EoF and players. 1.1.4.4:* Fixed problem when XBox 360 packages are generated with double size. 1.1.4.3:* Fixed the volume value don't load from DLC saved data. 1.1.4.2:* Fixed "Tone Import" on packed song. 1.1.4.1:* Fixed "Packer/Unpacker" > "Update App Id" function. 1.1.4.0:* Packer/Unpacker now supports XBox360. 1.1.3.1:* Added song volume control;* PC and XBox 360 are now with same volume level;* Changed tab order (since it's no longer necessary to use the "SNG File Creator" and "Ogg Converter" tab). 1.1.3.0:* Fixed tone bug in XBox360 packages;* Enabled XBox360 tone;* Fixed MasterID for consoles;* Removed tone reference in vocal arrangement. 1.1.2.4:* Delete temp generated SNG files when generate packages;* Fix bass hopo technique and bass chord density. 1.1.2.3:* New APP ID;* Fixed problem when edit an arrangement and try load information from XML chart. 1.1.2.2:* Fixed tone not saving when loaded. 1.1.2.1:* Little fix to import data of arrangement XML chart;* Fixed Bass arrangement not selected when imported data from arrangement XML chart. 1.1.2.0:* Automatically populate some fields information from the arrangement XML chart. 1.1.1.6:* Allow multiple Bass arrangement in song. 1.1.1.5:* Fixed tone changes not saved when name don't changed. 1.1.1.4:* Fixed a bug when try to generate a package that has no vocals arrangement. 1.1.1.3:* Changed the arrangement list to not display tone name on vocals arrangement, they don't use;* Changed the add arrangement window to show only relevant options for arrangement type;* Fixed knob settings crash error if more than 9 knob settings like with (Bass) Boutique 800;* Changes Xlock to generate in same order of the official DLC file to make easy comparison;* Added validation in DLC name to remove invalid characters. 1.1.1.2:* Fixed song partition count that set up arrangement name count, eg.: "Combo 1", "Combo 2", now Bass always is "Bass" and not "Bass 3" anymore;* Fixed title ID to default Rocksmith title ID for XBox 360;* Removed dynamic information from imported tone;* Added validation in DLC name to remove invalid characters;* Fixed BinaryVersion (arrangement type) in XBlock file that is not anymore with fixed values. 1.1.1.1:* Fixed Packer/Unpacker display position. 1.1.1.0:* XBox 360 support (tones not work for XBox at this time);* Added fields to define song name sort and artist name sort;* Fixed problem with CueTextBox, now has greater compatibility in all environments;* Fixed problem when user cancel tone editing and it's saved anyway;* Fixed app id don't selected from saved app id in saved DLC data;* Fixed field tab index in Package Creator;* Fixed problem on Ziggy Pro Converter Tab width that don't display "browse" buttons;* Fixed width of the form to view all tabs correctly.

• Like 27
ANY FILES ARE FOR EDUCATIONAL USE ONLY !!!

Still the toolkit crashes, when I remove an unnecessary tone that I imported from the game (I want to leave just the tones I want).

I don't understood your problem.Toolkit will still crash forever if you not help devs to understand the problem and how to reproduce it.
  • Like 1

Ok, so it looks like this: I want to create a custom, so when I import the tones I made from the game files, it will import all tones I made in-game, also these tones that I made for other customs. So, when I remove one from the list - it crashes. When I add the arrangement with the specific list of tones first, it doesn't happen for the tone that made the toolkit crash, but then with others do. I imported a bass tone from other custom and tried to remove the guitar tones and then it crashed too. I don't know the circumstances.

MY WORKSHOP/MÓJ WARSZTAT
Gave up Rocksmith and CDLC making, playing on his own now.

Ok, so it looks like this: I want to create a custom, so when I import the tones I made from the game files, it will import all tones I made in-game, also these tones that I made for other customs. So, when I remove one from the list - it crashes. When I add the arrangement with the specific list of tones first, it doesn't happen for the tone that made the toolkit crash, but then with others do. I imported a bass tone from other custom and tried to remove the guitar tones and then it crashed too. I don't know the circumstances.

Ok, tryed here and issue not happens.

Please, send to me by PM you _prfldb file to debug in local.

Thanks!

Ok, I received your file, imported tones and deleted all without issue.

What's the version are you using?

Try the lastest build and tell me if you get problem again.

http://www.rscustom.net/builds

Thanks

It sure does get old having to tell people all the time to try the latest Toolkit build.

I just don't understand why people wouldn't think to check and especially if something wasn't working right.

• Like 1

Always check and use -> The latest Toolkit builds

To disable dynamic difficulty and not get the 100% accuracy bug don't use the override to max option, but instead disable DD and set sight reading level to Max. With this configuration the 100% bug does not surface.

Anyone else having problems with some random cdlcs not showing up at all on the PS3, but the PC versions work OK...?

PS3 custom packages are problematic.

Users can't rename files due to encryption limitation, if renamed it will not work.

You need to get file name as song dev leave. If not work in this way, you can try unpack and pack again or convert PC version to PS3 that's solve problem.

Users can't rename files due to encryption limitation, if renamed it will not work.

Got it, wasn't random at all...All working fine now.Thx for your quick reply, and thanks again for all your time and efforts. :)edit:p.s. I sometimes edit the filename because the converter adds two '_ps3' notations into the converted filename. e.g. 'cdlc_brick_dazz_ps3_ps3.psarc.edat'. When I package my own stuff, all works well with the filename...I am CDO (like OCD but letters are in alphabetical order :) )

All my customs can be found here :)

I finally figured out what going wrong. Everytime I packed my CDLC, the guitar volume kept dropping.

And I know why. It's because on the edit sheet, there's a minus sign in front of the numbers for setting the level. And when there's a minus sign, that usually means that the lower the number, the LOUDER it should be. Because the minus sign makes it look like an attenuation setting.

It took me a while to understand what the little popup message was telling me -- 0 really was zero.

I think you should get rid of the minus sign.

Also, any chance you can get rid of some of the OK dialogues we have to click. Like when we import or load a tone, there's a little dialogue that pops up to tell use that we've imported or load a tone, forcing us to click OK to clear it. It's not necessary. And there are a lot of dialogues like that.

I had to repack my CDLC a dozen times today (testing out tones) -- that makes for a lot of unnecessary clicking at the end of the day.

Please, send to me one of these packages that the _ps3 is added twice. I'll take a look, thanks

Every time I convert a chart using the toolkit I get the problem.

cdlc_killers_whenyouwereyoung_p.psarc -->  cdlc_killers_whenyouwereyoung_ps3_ps3.psarc.edat

If I generate my own cdlc or if I import the one I want to convert first, then generate the package the filename comes out fine..

See attached http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/22ochZ7IelUpmMhS1mhu9Q

Edit: Why is my linky not working?

• Like 1

All my customs can be found here :)

Please, send to me one of these packages that the _ps3 is added twice. I'll take a look, thanks

Every time I convert a chart using the toolkit I get the problem.

cdlc_killers_whenyouwereyoung_p.psarc -->  cdlc_killers_whenyouwereyoung_ps3_ps3.psarc.edat

If I generate my own cdlc or if I import the one I want to convert first, then generate the package the filename comes out fine..

See attached http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/22ochZ7IelUpmMhS1mhu9Q

Edit: Why is my linky not working?

Fixed. Try the last build. Thanks!

Thanks for adding the config manager.

@@fabianosan

i noticed if i set in the config manager a value of 1.0 as a scroll speed value that when i want to add an arrangement in the creator tab the scroll speed does have the value missing. Visually its full to the right but the 1.0 is missing, if i manually scroll it to the left and then back to the right 1.0 is displayed.

In the config manager tab it would also be nice to been able to have the platform check boxes there too that way we can select a default platform instead of having them all checked.

Would it be possible to have in the config manager tab a field where we can enter a default version number?

Ill take a look on scrollspeed issue.

About version, default value is 1.

About platform, no, is not possible, sorry, as I said before, we recommend to always generate packages for all platforms, not only for PC even with Converter feature.

About platform, no, is not possible, sorry, as I said before, we recommend to always generate packages for all platforms, not only for PC even with Converter feature.

Well you are right and i dont see an issue with that philosophy because when you download a new version of the toolkit as default all platforms are checked anyway.

But if i dont like to have all platforms checked i just go up there and uncheck what i dont like. The good thing about the config manager is that you dont have to do that over and over again.

Then there is probably a bug because with edb618f401d6 the version field is empty after i add an arrangement.

Then there is probably a bug because with edb618f401d6 the version field is empty after i add an arrangement.

well if you genegate package without version setup - you'll get v1 as postfix for your cdlc, its just not displayed(visual bug if you whish to say so)

Just noticed "Use zero IV for SNG encryption to fix random package crashes (fixes #112 #145)" Does this really fix arrangements sometimes not working after packaging?

If so this is huge! I can't tell you how many times this effects everyone here. So much wasted time repacking customs and happens almost for every custom in one platform or another. If this is the true fix we need a new official version and everyone to know and use it.

Always check and use -> The latest Toolkit builds

To disable dynamic difficulty and not get the 100% accuracy bug don't use the override to max option, but instead disable DD and set sight reading level to Max. With this configuration the 100% bug does not surface.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy