Rocksmith Custom Song Toolkit (toolkit) Q&A

Multiple users in this thread:http://customsforge.com/topic/5043-harmonics-not-registeringindicated that pitch detection for natural harmonic notes does not work if the note is sustained. I'd like to get a developer opinion before I have EOF drop sustains from these notes by force.

Dropping it sounds extreme because its still an official supported feature. If there are recognition issues people can still use the ignore status but i would like to see the sustain if the harmonic does have one.

Ill give it a try and see if i also have issues with the recognition in the game.

Multiple users in this thread:http://customsforge.com/topic/5043-harmonics-not-registeringindicated that pitch detection for natural harmonic notes does not work if the note is sustained. I'd like to get a developer opinion before I have EOF drop sustains from these notes by force.

I created a test file with harmonics spread from fret  5, 7 and 12 with sustains on it and they all got registered, i also tried chords with harmonics and they all got registered in the game, i also added the force sustain on the harmonic chords and Riff Repeater was showing me 0 missed. Now getting the game recognize the whole sustain was difficult but in Riff Repeater the game does not penalize you if a sustain does not get hold till the end, all that metters is the hit window of the beginning of the note.

Same thing goes for pinch harmonics with sustain or sustain as vibrato, they all get registered.

I guess that its a intonation problem or maybe the strings to be too much banged up or the cheap qualitly of the guitar or playing with a bad technique or whatever......it could be everything.

I guess I'll just leave the harmonic sustains as-authored for now.

Back in the vibrato speed thread, it's starting to look like the toolkit may not be writing these values quite right, editing the vibrato speed in the XML hasn't allowed people to see any difference. Could any of the developers check into this?

I took a quick look at the code, and it seems to be in order, but im not 100% sure.  having not been home for more than a hour a day (besides sleep) in the last few months, so not much time to keep caught up.  i would have to poke around with some hex editing to see for sure, as for the values used, we only have the xmls, or if someone wants to hex edit the decrypted sng of any official songs that have values.  IF (and thats a big IF) i get a day off soon, i might take a closer look if its still an issue. 

I guess I'll just leave the harmonic sustains as-authored for now.Back in the vibrato speed thread, it's starting to look like the toolkit may not be writing these values quite right, editing the vibrato speed in the XML hasn't allowed people to see any difference. Could any of the developers check into this?

I took a quick look at the code, and it seems to be in order, but im not 100% sure.  having not been home for more than a hour a day (besides sleep) in the last few months, so not much time to keep caught up.  i would have to poke around with some hex editing to see for sure, as for the values used, we only have the xmls, or if someone wants to hex edit the decrypted sng of any official songs that have values.  IF (and thats a big IF) i get a day off soon, i might take a closer look if its still an issue. 

The issue is now on github

We are opensource project and we don't want to hurt any of our users, you can compile it by yourself if you want and read all code for risky actions. you probably got false alarm on our product, you can use  online service like https://www.virustotal.com/ for free antivirus analys.

I guess I'll just leave the harmonic sustains as-authored for now.Back in the vibrato speed thread, it's starting to look like the toolkit may not be writing these values quite right, editing the vibrato speed in the XML hasn't allowed people to see any difference. Could any of the developers check into this?

The issue is now on github

https://www.youtube....h?v=O4hRKUiiUjc

watching the video about the technique, and looking through what we have, i dont believe the game uses the value. any non-zero number will result in the vibrato. it might be reserved for a future upgrade. the camera angle, makes it LOOK like some are more "zig-zag"-ey than others, but its not.im going to do one more check, then close the issue. the narrator specifically that "the speed of vibrato is a matter of personal choice

Hey guys, just a suggestion:

Can you put the download link to the toolkit more to the top of the post in your site? Right now people have to scroll down like a ton of pages, release notes and such. Heck, even condensing the change log to only the changes since the last release would be a huge saver in scrolling. Or perhaps putting all that in a quote tag that only unfolds when you click on it.

@@bob64, use first link at first post to access our builds site, you can DL "Stable" or "Unstable(last beta)" version of the toolkit from there.You don't need to read changelog actually, using "last beta" you can get Updates directly through application(works great at windows 7).Your suggestion remove our dev history unacceptable, follow my recommendations written above.

@@Alex360

oh i meant the download link in the first post. It should point to the download, as opposed to the release notes.

I had later realized (after I had posted my 2nd post) that the main toolkit site had a link that directly linked to the download and was in the middle of editing the 2nd post when you posted.

But before I realized that, the average reader or person wanting to update would read the first post, click on download, which points to https://github.com/rscustom/rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit/releases, and get flooded with the complete history of the toolkit- when all they looking for is the download. I'm not asking you guys to remove the release notes. Now that I know the source of my frustration I am suggesting that you add release notes as a separate link in the first post. And changing download to point to http://www.rscustom.net/builds/latest.zip See where I'm coming from now?

I do, however, maintain my suggestion that the release notes only show changes since the last release, with an option to "expand" any notes prior to the last release, to condense the post and keep things from being overbearingly long. But I really don't too much about it since I actually know where to find the download without hitting the release notes. I do hope you guys do start condensing when you reach release 10 or something, because most of that information on that page will be needlessly repeated over and over.

Your suggestion remove our dev history unacceptable, follow my recommendations written above.

Wow. I'm not sure what I even said in my 2nd post before I edited it, but man does your response really rub me the wrong way. Granted, I get where your coming from or what it seemed that I was suggesting based on what I thought the download link was taking me. But wow. Try to understand why I'd even say what I did a bit more? Turns out this is just a misunderstanding but wow.

@@bob64, I see you are a Mac user, but, you should just write something like you did in 3rd post but in your 1st post, now I can clearly see what you asking for and where you want to apply changes, please keep things going like that.We have wrong link to DL I'll change that to our release site instead that internal github page,Thank you for your time you spent on this "issue", have a nice day :)

Hindsite is 20/20. I thought all download links went to the release notes page at first. I can't write what the problem is if I don't fully understand it. I only started scratching my head trying to figure out where the loose nut was after I read fabiano's reply.

And no. I use a PC. I know what your getting at though, I'm not retarded - it just so happens that i'm a bit slow at 4am (I'm on the east coast), but I do appreciate your help in clearing this "issue" up.

• Developer

hi fabiosan thanks for this new version, in this one there is the inlay creator how it works? In the old inlay creator I remembered that I chose the directory of the game and after the program automatically applied the new inlays. In this new version there is only a "Generate" button that saves a file, I don't know how to use this file...

After you click "Generate", your custom guitar inlay package will be save to the "cgm" folder which is located in the root CSC Toolkit folder if you did not specified a "Rocksmith 2014 path" in the new Configuration toolbar. You will need to manually copy the *.psarc file(s) to the RS2014/dlc/Inlays folder.

Tutorials and help for the new Inlay Creator feature can be found here. Be sure to check out the Q&A for the full answer to your question.

There is also a new tutorial for how to prepare your own inlay template artwork files.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Hi,

I am trying to convert some of the steam or MAC customs to PS3. I am getting thread exceptions when I do this. The files are created without error if I output to XBOX or PC, but everytime I try PS3 as output I get an exception. I have installed Java JDK and I am running all apps as administrator.

I am currently on Windows 7, but also got thread exception on mac (without understanding why).

Can someone give some input?

Thanks,Rick

Log from latest stable on Windows 7:

C:Usersrjl032Downloadsmaster-2.6.0.0-4174fc7b3141> Void EncryptPS3EdatFiles(System.String, RocksmithToolkitLib.Platform)    at RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.DLCPackageCreator.EncryptPS3EdatFiles(String songFileName, Platform platform) in c:buildRocksmithToolkitLibDLCPackageDLCPackageCreator.cs:line 280
   at RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.DLCPackageCreator.Generate(String packagePath, DLCPackageData info, Platform platform, DLCPackageType dlcType) in c:buildRocksmithToolkitLibDLCPackageDLCPackageCreator.cs:line 151
   at RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.DLCPackageConverter.ConvertPackageRebuilding(String unpackedDir, String targetFileName, Platform targetPlatform, String appId) in c:buildRocksmithToolkitLibDLCPackageDLCPackageConverter.cs:line 116
   at RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.DLCPackageConverter.Convert(String sourcePackage, Platform sourcePlatform, Platform targetPlatform, String appId) in c:buildRocksmithToolkitLibDLCPackageDLCPackageConverter.cs:line 46
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCConverter.DLCConverter.convertButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:buildRocksmithTookitGUIDLCConverterDLCConverter.cs:line 162
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) System.InvalidOperationException: Rebuilder error, please check if .edat files are created correctly and see output bellow:

C:Usersrjl032Downloadsmaster-2.6.0.0-4174fc7b3141>rebuilder.exe  0<ps3_encrypt.config 

===============================================================================
|                         TrueAncestor EDAT Rebuilder                         |
|                                  by JjKkYu                                  |
|                                Verision 1.2                                 |
|                                                                             |
|                       Java Rumtime Environment Check                        |
|                 Current Java Version on your machine is: 1.6                |
|            You need install Java SE 7 or higher on your machine.            |
|                  Go to here and get the latest JDK or JRE:                  |
|              http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/index.html              |

C:Usersrjl032Downloadsmaster-2.6.0.0-4174fc7b3141>
   at RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.DLCPackageCreator.EncryptPS3EdatFiles(String songFileName, Platform platform) in c:buildRocksmithToolkitLibDLCPackageDLCPackageCreator.cs:line 280
   at RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.DLCPackageCreator.Generate(String packagePath, DLCPackageData info, Platform platform, DLCPackageType dlcType) in c:buildRocksmithToolkitLibDLCPackageDLCPackageCreator.cs:line 151
   at RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.DLCPackageConverter.ConvertPackageRebuilding(String unpackedDir, String targetFileName, Platform targetPlatform, String appId) in c:buildRocksmithToolkitLibDLCPackageDLCPackageConverter.cs:line 116
   at RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.DLCPackageConverter.Convert(String sourcePackage, Platform sourcePlatform, Platform targetPlatform, String appId) in c:buildRocksmithToolkitLibDLCPackageDLCPackageConverter.cs:line 46
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCConverter.DLCConverter.convertButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:buildRocksmithTookitGUIDLCConverterDLCConverter.cs:line 162
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

@@rick78, you JDK must be x32 bit  and you can try use last beta if you already got x32 JDK, please try last beta(you can grab it from mine sig, its for windows) and report again, please hide logs to

tag :)

@@rick78, I'm planing to rewrite those code from java to C# and when I'll finish I'd like to test it on real PS3...(when I'll finish it - I don't know xD)

Just let me know.

I am real new to this custom stuff, but I understand how to get the files in and they have been showing up (if they were created for the PS3). I will test the conversions tonight.

Eventually, I want to try to make some of my own customs (Danish rock music), but have not attempted that yet.

Rick

• Like 1

I may have missed something, but apparently simply repacking a custom with the latest version of Custom Song Toolkit alone doesn't fix the tone crashing issue? At least it didn't for me. Default tone appears on the Tone field in the toolkit, but in-game the tone still stucks on default after starting the song in question. Ticking the "Prevent tone change" boxes in any of the added arrangements didn't help.

THat's because the toolkit imports the tone from the package, and does not modify it. So if the imported song has a tone named "default", you can bet your ass that the tone is "empty". Select it and click on edit/change or whatever the button is called. Now change the tone. And then repack.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy