Rocksmith Custom Song Toolkit (toolkit) Q&A

@@KingCobra, not a native english man so It's not obvious to me, changed that to jp as it widely used and domain name referenced to Japan
I have nothing that cause me to hate Japanese culture or any people from it, vice versa I think I like it a bit more than USA and another half of the Europe c:

Here in Ukraine I see more and more Japanese culture references, woka spread along with sushi pretty widely and large molls has Japanese themed merch stores + manga and so on ._. (I know our KPI has Japanese department in it's library, saw it myself.... not saying about educational programs it has.)

sorry for this fuzzy answer :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, its been forever since ive been online. glad to see things are still going strong.  i need to reinstall all my tools over again, and see whats happened. between eof and toolkit, alot has changed in almost 2 years.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

@@Ninja_frosk I've got the report already and think it should be re-added back. As for the reason it was probably because new Remastered update breaks the game\scoring\profile\no progress if no DD present. Even if it was on by default I think that to have an opt-out option still better than none.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hey, been searching the forums to see if there is an answer, I can't find Wwise 2013, but I was able to install 2017 Wwise and it still throws the error; even though I am only trying to export for Rocksmith 2014. Is there a setting I need to check or what not?

Thanks in advance.

2021-05-20 13:22:37.3738 | RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program (ERROR) : 
 RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program+<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<Main>b__1 
  - Application.ThreadException

Source: RocksmithToolkitLib
Target: System.String GetWwisePath()
System.ApplicationException: Could not find an installed compatible version of Audiokinetic Wwise.  Download and install Wwise v2013.2.x from: http://ignition.customsforge.com/cfsm/wwise     Be sure to set the 'Wwise Path' in the General Config menu if you have a custom installation.

at RocksmithToolkitLib.Ogg.Wwise.GetWwisePath()
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.btnPackageGenerate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) 

5 hours ago, PyroticBlaziken said:

Hey, been searching the forums to see if there is an answer, I can't find Wwise 2013, but I was able to install 2017 Wwise and it still throws the error; even though I am only trying to export for Rocksmith 2014. Is there a setting I need to check or what not?

2017 should work (as long as it's 2017.1.XX version) Make sure you've ran it atleast once to accept any eula or tos

Toolkit should detect the path automatically from the install or you can set it to the "Authoring\x64\Release\bin" or "Authoring\Win32\Release\bin" from the config tab.

pcNdCLb.png

You can get 2013 from here if you want to give that a go tho.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

• 2 months later...

I know the recommended tool set is DLCBuilder now, but I can't seem to  get that running under Wine for Linux. I was able to get CFSM, Editor on Fire and Rocksmith To Tabs working under wine using PlayOnLinux. I thought I'd try RocksmithToolkit as well. I installed it in the same virtual drive as CFSM and can click on the GUI and it opens up fine.  But I'm having issues snagging wwise 2013. I can grab wwise 2017, but can't seem to install it using PlayOnLinux (is it 64 bit?).

When I try to download wwise 2013, I get different lengths and the download stalls. I'm trying to grab the 2013 version from here: https://ignition4.customsforge.com/cfsm/wwise.

I get 337.6 megs and then it stalls. Retrying, I got 332 megs.  Would someone be able to pop it in an FTP directory in case it's my browser? Or pop it in Google Drive or One Drive or dropbox or ...

(is anyone making CDLC on a Linux platform? And if so, any pointers?)

• Developer

Creating a Linux version of DLC Builder is possible, since most of it is cross-platform. The automatic Wwise conversion would need a new implementation via Wine though.

I haven't provided a Linux version since I assumed that practically no-one would use it (though I think practically no-one uses the mac version either 😅) .

5 hours ago, iminashi said:

Creating a Linux version of DLC Builder is possible, since most of it is cross-platform. The automatic Wwise conversion would need a new implementation via Wine though.

I haven't provided a Linux version since I assumed that practically no-one would use it (though I think practically no-one uses the mac version either 😅) .

I think you're right. Probably an extremely limited audience.

• Developer

@ someotherbruce

I made a Linux build of DLC Builder. Could you give it a try?

I was able to build a working CDLC on my Mint VM.

There may be issues with the automatic Wwise conversion. If the Wwise console path is left empty, it will try to find it from "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Audiokinetic".

I cheated a bit and just copied the Wwise installation from my Windows machine and then installed the vc redist files from the prerequisites folder from the archive from https://ignition4.customsforge.com/cfsm/wwise and that was enough to get it working.

5 hours ago, iminashi said:

@ someotherbruce

I made a Linux build of DLC Builder. Could you give it a try?

I was able to build a working CDLC on my Mint VM.

There may be issues with the automatic Wwise conversion. If the Wwise console path is left empty, it will try to find it from "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Audiokinetic".

Thanks! I downloaded and it runs when I do a ./DLCBuilder in the directory. I haven't tried Wwise part yet, and haven't tried building a DLC yet - but it launches!  

I'll start working on the audiokinetic portion next.

19 hours ago, iminashi said:

~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Audiokinetic

Wow - audiokinetic is rough to get working in PlayOnLinux! The launcher immediately errors out. I configured my virtual drive to be Windows 10, then installed dotnet472 (it failed on dotnet480) and directx. I downloaded the vc2013 64 bit executable, went into playonlinux config mode - opened up a command prompt under wine and installed. That worked with no problem. I then grabbed the wwise 2015 executable, copied it over to playonlinux virtual drive and installed that from the command prompt. It runs - opens up - but can't find the xml plugins. I'll mess around some more.

Anyway, DLCBuilder runs. wwise runs under playonlinux kinda sorta, but I'm not sure.

I'll open up a tutorial and see if I can build a DLC.

I think there is a Linux wwise port. (https://www.audiokinetic.com/downloads/previous/ .

If I can't get this going with the Windows version of wwise, I might try the Linux version for kicks and grins.

• Developer

DLC Builder only supports Wwise versions 2019 or 2021.

For CDLC creation there's no need to get the GUI version of Wwise to work, just the CLI is needed.

I don't see a Linux version on that site. Also, the macOS port is actually just the Windows version running on Wine.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy