Rocksmith Custom Song Toolkit (toolkit) Q&A

@@th1rtyf0ur, I've picked DC font generator for Gamebryo engine(mostly for Fallout NV and Fallout 3 fonts) and I should improve that tool to generate sng files with font definition.(TTF fonts supported for sure) Currently I've got Python script that draws squares at lyrics.dds using definition from sng file, kinda dev tools for indoors use ;)

I fail to remap glyphs for multiple chars, sooo, need more testing and format discovery.

original string from screen-shoot it "В чащах бга жил бы цитрус? Да, но фальшивый экземпляр!"

Is that python script available anywhere? Would be curious to see what's being generated.

Yeah, looks like a few characters are missing in that screenshot. :D

I don't know how the .sng files are structured, but does looking at the official in-game "Ultra Soul" files help at all? That one has a working jvocal...

@@th1rtyf0ur, Damn, I just realized you're able to help me with this(location: Tokyo, Japan :lol:)
So, I need DLC with mixed encodings\languages, like jap+eng so I could explore format more, anyways It was from winter 2014 I planned this feature, am I slow? Yes I am! I even prepared topic template to explain how to create vocals for Double Character encodings(UTF-8 in our case).

I'll dig that script, but it's not automatic, like Drag&Drop psarc on it and it will show you jvocals font texture if any :D
also colors hardcoded and a lot more smelly-coding from me :)

PS. I used GiriGiriChop for that ;)

• 1 month later...

Hey guys managed to get to the very end of everything and when I hit generate it gave me a crash. I took a screenshot of it (see link below). It mentions wwise 2013.2.x and 2014.1.x 
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few different versions just to see and that didn't help. 

http://imgur.com/0gAq92q<- Screenshot

http://www.filedropper.com/rstoolkit2015-11-09<- Crash Log

Let me know if you guys need any further information.

I'm creating cdlc's cool...It may not be easy but slowly I'll get there...Thank you to this great community.

http://customsforge.com/topic/24341-matts-cdlcs-make-suggestions-as-well/?do=findComment&comment=186466

Easiest solution is to convert the audio manually and point the toolkit to your .wems instead of the .wavs

There are a few tutorials covering how to do this in Wwise yourself.

Another possible solution is to make the toolkit aware of where you installed Wwise, you can do this in toolkit settings.

I've been having issues w/ newer versions of the toolkit on Mac. Anything I generate with 2.6.1.0-838c30c3 seems to work fine (my folder is dated April 1st), but newer versions (including the latest 2015-10-15 build) generate files that crashes Rocksmith after tuning. Any ideas? I'm installing the Mac package & running it through wine, since that's always seemed to work better...

I noticed a few differences in the dlc.xml file- namely that the TonesRS2014 xmlns link changed from RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.Manifest.Tone to RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.Manifest2014.Tone, and there are a bunch of extra d2p1 and d6p1 lines with tone & skin info. Not sure why/if this would have anything to do w/ the crashes, but can't think of anything else to look for.

@@th1rtyf0ur, showlights cause game to crush, anything you can imaging about CTD in game cause showlghts clutter\wrong generator logic skins works nicely

OK- the 'bad' version of the dlc.xml has a 

<Showlights>false</Showlights>

line in it, and there's a cst_showlights.xml file (only generated/used by the newer toolkit)- are these causing the crash? Also, sorry but what's CTD?

@@th1rtyf0ur

OK- the 'bad' version of the dlc.xml has a 

false

indicates that you've got no legacy showlights(like after importing song)

CTD is crash to desktop

cst_showlights.xml is tolkit generated file to separate real showlights from temporary one
I should open ticket for all found issues to help track them, till it's fixed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Fantastic work on the Toolkit cozy1 and Alex360! I haven't been around much to see all the progress, but it looks really good. Any idea if there will an official release build posted? When fabianosan posted it, it was on Apr 19, 2014. I imagine a lot of newcomers are using that super old toolkit build.

Thanks again for all your work!  :)

Always check and use -> The latest Toolkit builds

To disable dynamic difficulty and not get the 100% accuracy bug don't use the override to max option, but instead disable DD and set sight reading level to Max. With this configuration the 100% bug does not surface.

• 1 month later...

Hello i just installed this toolkit and I wanted to update App id to use CDLC, and i can't seem to find dlc which i bought The White Stripes : Seven Nation Army(App ID 295024). I got newest verion of toolkit downloaded today(25.02.16). Is it me or there is no The White Stripes at all? Can u add it ?

@@Alex360  Yes i am able to use any of the Appid , when i am typing appid of Seven nations army id i got error: You entered an unknow Appid. I'd love to use CDLC's but i got only this Seven nations army DLC original now.

@PCPlum Now i know that Cherub Rock is "this" dlc to buy ;) I don't have money at this moment and i got magic block on steam market so i can't sell crap to buy dlc.

• Developer

@Mediekore  It is unknown because that song is not in the default list that comes with the toolkit.  But what does the rest of the message say?

http://customsforge.com/topic/25403-i-own-official-dlcs-but-none-that-appear-in-the-toolkit-repack-list-what-do-i-do/?do=findComment&comment=193158

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@@Mediekore, use previous build for that, cuz now you need to add appid to appid xml file and oly select them from drop-down list i already added all dlc up to valentine's day dlc and will update this file for release version only.

• Like 1

• Developer

OMG.  "Please ensure that is valid" ... is like saying, it is the user responsibility to ensure that it is valid.  The toolkit will use the AppId that was entered manually but the toolkit can not tell if it is valid.  Get it?  Just try it ... you will like it.  The current build of the toolkit is correct and works, no need for previous builds.  

I will stop here.  The rest of my comments have been redacted.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• 6 months later...
  • Developer

Two (unimportant) features that would be nice to have:

1. Adding a Japanese artist name and song name for Japanese songs (which are used when you play the game in Japanese).

2. Two-part tone names. E.g. "Lead Wah", "High Gain Low Output", and so on.

I've figured out ways how to add both manually, but having them in the UI would of course be infinitely more convenient.  :)

• 1 month later...

HI,

just installed the latest Mono framework and  "Rocksmith Custom Song Toolkit v2.7.0.0"

Restartet the MAC but Toolkit complains "...requires Mono Framework 2.8 or later". The download button takes me to the mono framework I just installed. Mono Framework "Hello world" works as expected.

What can I do to get this up and running?

Thanks 

Mr.T

@mr.t, have no macOS so unable to test it, one thing to know is it faulty unable to detect mono version so it shows this message, if you help us to debug mac script it would be faster to solve...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy