Rocksmith Custom Song Toolkit (toolkit) Q&A

Need to do so, yeah, but why some charters still use old pre 2.5.x.x version of toolkit wo showlights support... that sad

You think taking down old links to the outdated versions might help to jump start their brain to look up the latest version?

Always check and use -> The latest Toolkit builds

To disable dynamic difficulty and not get the 100% accuracy bug don't use the override to max option, but instead disable DD and set sight reading level to Max. With this configuration the 100% bug does not surface.

Tested Toolkit v2.6.0.0 on a PC custom that had the arrangement bug on lead. Repacked and tested in game. Unfortunatley it didn't fix it. Looks like the bug isn't fixed after all or am I doing something wrong? :(

To disable dynamic difficulty and not get the 100% accuracy bug don't use the override to max option, but instead disable DD and set sight reading level to Max. With this configuration the 100% bug does not surface.

Tested Toolkit v2.6.0.0 on a PC custom that had the arrangement bug on lead. Repacked and tested in game. Unfortunatley it didn't fix it. Looks like the bug isn't fixed after all or am I doing something wrong? :(

Is it the same arrangement that was not working before the fix?

Is it the same arrangement that was not working before the fix?
Yes the lead guitar arrangement.

Arrangement already word worked before?

The lead arrangement didnt work before repacking.

Well i sadly have to confirm that those endless loops still happen. edb618f401d6

Damn...Thanks for testing as well. Wish this bug could be figured out. It's the biggest problem effecting the community. I'd help, but my expertise is in web development like HTML/CSS, PHP, and web services, plus Java.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you guys. I've been in a long process of moving, but it's all done now. I take back what I said previously about the latest build not fixing the "arrangements sometimes not working" bug. It does fix it!

This time I tried "Update SNG" when repacking it, which I should have done the first time, since the SNG encryption changed to fix this problem. Afterwards it played perfectly with no freezing. By the way, this custom didn't have any bonus arrangements.

I can safety say we should officially release v2.6.0.0 because I still see that bug happening to people making new customs.

I believe I found a bug in the latest 2.6.0.0 beta. The track volume setting doesn't appear to apply to the song preview.

Reverting to 2.5.0.0 fixed the issue.

Those was done to avoid low volume Preview audio in some cases, I need to set it more quiet (like -6 by default its -4 now)Its not a bug its feature, lol.

I got Solution for broken tones, we just need to write things like this into json file 

"Tone_A": "Default","Tone_B": "","Tone_Base": "Default","Tone_C": "","Tone_D": "","Tones": [],

Tested for Lead - works.

• Like 1

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you guys. I've been in a long process of moving, but it's all done now. I take back what I said previously about the latest build not fixing the "arrangements sometimes not working" bug. It does fix it!

This time I tried "Update SNG" when repacking it, which I should have done the first time, since the SNG encryption changed to fix this problem. Afterwards it played perfectly with no freezing. By the way, this custom didn't have any bonus arrangements.

I can safety say we should officially release v2.6.0.0 because I still see that bug happening to people making new customs.

Using Update SNG is only a workaround and does not really fix the problem in the first place.

I usually always use the latest revision of the toolkit and it does still happen to me.

Now if Update SNG does really fix the package maybe its a good idea to let the toolkit run after hitting on generate at the end of the process also automatically a Update SNG to make sure that the outputted file does not get the bug.

Game won't change tone and will use default tone for each path, tones are still works..Dunno how about autotone cases (it would be broken in anyway :)We can write "Default" and nothing more for all null tones, just suggestion

I believe I found a bug in the latest 2.6.0.0 beta. The track volume setting doesn't appear to apply to the song preview.

Reverting to 2.5.0.0 fixed the issue.

Those was done to avoid low volume Preview audio in some cases, I need to set it more quiet (like -6 by default its -4 now)Its not a bug its feature, lol.

Well this doesn't quite work for me. In my case the preview audio was way too loud. IMO the preview audio should match the track audio as this makes it much easier to match the volume level of official tracks. At the least you should be able to manually adjust each volume level.

Using Update SNG is only a workaround and does not really fix the problem in the first place.

I usually always use the latest revision of the toolkit and it does still happen to me.

Now if Update SNG does really fix the package maybe its a good idea to let the toolkit run after hitting on generate at the end of the process also automatically a Update SNG to make sure that the outputted file does not get the bug.

Now I'm confused I figured the SNG encryption process was done when generating a package, so it would be no different than "Update SNG".

Using Update SNG is only a workaround and does not really fix the problem in the first place.I usually always use the latest revision of the toolkit and it does still happen to me. Now if Update SNG does really fix the package maybe its a good idea to let the toolkit run after hitting on generate at the end of the process also automatically a Update SNG to make sure that the outputted file does not get the bug.

Now I'm confused I figured the SNG encryption process was done when generating a package, so it would be no different than "Update SNG".

Previously the toolkit would use a random IV when encrypting the SNG, so re-encrypting the same file would yield a completely different result each time.The test versions now use the same starting value each time, so each time you encrypt the same SNG it theoretically should result in the exact same file.If you still need to update the SNG with the latest build, there's likely something other than the encryption that's causing issues.If it's still not working correctly, we need copies of packages that aren't working to investigate.

shrubbery told me that since March 9th using the latest Toolkit build he has not built a randomly freezing arrangement.

Can anyone else claim like MadMaxx did, that it still causes the "arrangements sometimes not working bug"?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy