Rocksmith Custom Song Toolkit (toolkit) Q&A

Any confirmation about the quarter bend commit ?

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

Any confirmation about the quarter bend commit ?

Does this means all custom before this commit doesn't hndle quarter bend ? Do i have to repack all songs with this new build or is it ok ?

I've recently released 3 songs that have 1/4 step bends. Echoes(Floyd), Poison(Alice Cooper), and The Crush of Love(Joe Satriani).

And yes, all previous version did not handle them. I'm not sure, but raynebc might have to update EOF to get it working for everyone that uses EOF.

raynebc - If you haven't seen already, the "bend" attribute on note elements should be a float not a byte.

wow i got a lot of work then with this pink floyd song ! ;)

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

I'm pretty sure that 1/4 step bends have worked for a long time...

In EoF when you hit CTRL+B you get the choice to set half bend steps or quarter bends steps.

I'm pretty sure it works and I'm pretty sure the logic in RS14 is that one up arrow means one quarter step i.e. the max bend strength in RS14 2 half steps = 4 arrows on the bend head on the chart.

You can also see it in EoF as it quite happily does .5 steps, see it in tech notes no problem...  0.5 or 1.5 bend tech notes.  This translates through the toolkit to 1 or 3 arrow heads on bends no problem, and has done for as long as I can remember.

I guess that I don't know how EOF writes the file. The toolkit uses the bend attribute value in the note element as the "max bend value". If EOF write the bend > 0 when there is a quarter step bend, then it should work, and now I'm assuming that how it works based on Plums comments. The problem with the toolkit was that it was rounding the attribute value to 0 when there were only quarter step bends.

I've known that it has been there for a while, but I've only gotten confident using (abusing) it recently.  I deliberately changed half step bends to quarter step bends in my GNR custom simply because I liked the aesthetics more...  It looks better on the highway for really fast bends and its easier for RS to recognise (it basically gives you it even if you don't bend).

Dunno about rounding to 0, I'll let other programmers answer that one, but I honeslty think it works fine in EoF and in game.

Edit - in saying that I think it was 2 half step bends I changed to 1 half step bends in my GNR custom, all the same I'm pretty sure 1/4 steps work.

EOF's already writing bend values as floats, where a 0.5 bend step value represents a quarter step. Here's what EOF writes for a series of bends that incrementally go from 0.5 half steps to 4 half steps:

<note time="1.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="1" fret="1" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.250" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0">
          <bendValues count="1">
            <bendValue time="1.083" step="0.500"/>
          </bendValues>
        </note>
        <note time="1.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="1" fret="1" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.250" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0">
          <bendValues count="1">
            <bendValue time="1.583" step="1.000"/>
          </bendValues>
        </note>
        <note time="2.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="2" fret="1" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.250" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0">
          <bendValues count="1">
            <bendValue time="2.083" step="1.500"/>
          </bendValues>
        </note>
        <note time="2.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="2" fret="1" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.250" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0">
          <bendValues count="1">
            <bendValue time="2.583" step="2.000"/>
          </bendValues>
        </note>
        <note time="3.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="3" fret="1" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.250" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0">
          <bendValues count="1">
            <bendValue time="3.083" step="2.500"/>
          </bendValues>
        </note>
        <note time="3.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="3" fret="1" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.250" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0">
          <bendValues count="1">
            <bendValue time="3.583" step="3.000"/>
          </bendValues>
        </note>
        <note time="4.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="4" fret="1" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.250" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0">
          <bendValues count="1">
            <bendValue time="4.083" step="3.500"/>
          </bendValues>
        </note>
        <note time="4.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="4" fret="1" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.250" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0">
          <bendValues count="1">
            <bendValue time="4.583" step="4.000"/>
          </bendValues>
        </note>

Ok, I think I might be confusing people (myself included :D )

The float value that I'm talking about is the attribute here:

<note time="1.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="1" fret="1" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1">

<bendValues count="1">
</bendValues>
</note>

When the previous version of toolkit converted a song, it would get the max value from the bendvalues and if it was < 1 it would write it as 0. (from typecasting a float to a byte).

so the toolkit converted this:

<note time="1.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="1" fret="1" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1"> 
<bendValues count="1">
</bendValues>

to this
<note time="1.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="1" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1"> 
<bendValues count="1">
</bendValues>

Hope that makes a little more sense.

I've been a little slow in updating since the version I've been using (2.6.0.0-4174fc7b3141) has working perfectly for me.  Well I decided to go ahead and get the latest build to check it out. 

I can't seem to get CDLC 2 Tab to work.  I get the below error message (or one similar to it), anytime I try to use it.

2015-07-25 19:39:25.9030 | RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program (INFO) : 
 RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program.Main 
 Version: 2.6.1.0-54a9c27d
 Command: "C:\Users\Smallen\Documents\Rocksmith Custom Files\master-2.6.0.0-4174fc7b3141\New folder\Latest Custom Song Creator (7-25-2015)\RocksmithToolkitGUI.exe"  

2015-07-25 19:39:37.0604 | RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program (ERROR) : 
 RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program.<Main>b__1 

RocksmithToTabLib
RocksmithToolkitLib.Xml.Song2014 GetArrangement(System.String, System.String)
Exception catched:

System.TypeLoadException Could not load type 'RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.Manifest.Manifest2014`1' from assembly 'RocksmithToolkitLib, Version=2.6.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. RocksmithToolkitLib.Xml.Song2014 GetArrangement(System.String, System.String)    at RocksmithToTabLib.PsarcBrowser.GetArrangement(String identifier, String arrangement)
   at RocksmithToolkitLib.Song2014ToTab.Gp5Converter.PsarcToGp5(String inputFilePath, String outputDir, IList`1 songListShort, String outputFormat, Boolean allDif)
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.CDLC2Tab.CDLC2Tab.convertButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\projects\rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit\RocksmithTookitGUI\CDLC2Tab\CDLC2Tab.cs:line 164
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.Manifest.Manifest2014`1' from assembly 'RocksmithToolkitLib, Version=2.6.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   at RocksmithToTabLib.PsarcBrowser.GetArrangement(String identifier, String arrangement)
   at RocksmithToolkitLib.Song2014ToTab.Gp5Converter.PsarcToGp5(String inputFilePath, String outputDir, IList`1 songListShort, String outputFormat, Boolean allDif)
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.CDLC2Tab.CDLC2Tab.convertButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\projects\rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit\RocksmithTookitGUI\CDLC2Tab\CDLC2Tab.cs:line 164
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I made one custom using this build, and I couldn't get it to work in the game. It would either freeze the game, or close the song as soon as I selected it.  All is fine with the same custom that was made using version 2.6.0.0-4174fc7b3141.

I'm guessing these problems are something on my end since nobody else has said anything, I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong.  Not a real big deal since I can just go back to that earlier version that worked great. 

I want to again thank the devs, all of your hard work is much appreciated!

When the previous version of toolkit converted a song, it would get the max value from the bendvalues and if it was

so the toolkit converted this:

<bendValues count="1">
</bendValues>

to this
<note time="1.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="1" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1"> 
<bendValues count="1">
</bendValues>
Hope that makes a little more sense.

I skimmed through one of the official Rocksmith 2014 lesson XML files, and they have the bend attribute in the tag displayed as an integer (no decimal point). I guess the rounding down issue is something for the toolkit devs to look into. I have EOF determine this attribute value by rounding up the largest step value among the bendvalue subtags.

I skimmed through one of the official Rocksmith 2014 lesson XML files, and they have the bend attribute in the <note> tag displayed as an integer (no decimal point). I guess the rounding down issue is something for the toolkit devs to look into. I have EOF determine this attribute value by rounding up the largest step value among the bendvalue subtags.

I've already fixed the rounding down issue in the toolkit. I guess I just went around it the wrong way. Instead of changing from a byte to a float, I should have just fixed the rounding down issue.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Developer

Why in hell and damnation would you want to run faster than 0.5 :D

Good one.  Made me laugh.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Added Popup to ask if user wants to set new ID's or keep it safe
Fixed RS1 to RS2014 converter for PC platform

Altered write comments function so now we write comments inside node
Allowed Scroll Speed values lower than 1.0 up to 0.5, still not perfect progression for DD, but should be ok for NDD arrangements.
Eye-candy and Sugar for usability here and there.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed while making my last BUCK-TICK cdlc that there's an option in the toolkit for JVocals, so I made a copy of the lyrics xml file & manually edited in the lyrics in Japanese (since neither USC nor EOF seem to support Unicode -_-;) and tried adding it as an arrangement, but no lyrics showed up at all in game, whether I was playing in English or Japanese. Even removing the English Vocals arrangement and having only JVocals, or even putting the Japanese xml file as Vocals & having that be the only vocal arrangement, did nothing. Is this a new feature that isn't entirely working yet, or is there something else I'm missing?

btw, these were initially generated with 2.6.1.0-838c30c3. I tried again today with the latest build (e6ebd7f1) but it just crashes the game when the song starts- even if I go back to my original file w/ only the English Vocals arrangement (I'm on a Mac). :\

@@th1rtyf0ur, I've just added support for converting dlc with jvocals, this is the way we need on the way to add support for custom fonts and utf-8 vocals(also jvoals works only with jap interface as i know),  currently it may be broken and missing generate for the font texture, sorry:(

@@th1rtyf0ur, I've just added support for converting dlc with jvocals, this is the way we need on the way to add support for custom fonts and utf-8 vocals(also jvoals works only with jap interface as i know),  currently it may be broken and missing generate for the font texture, sorry:(

OK, so it's still "in progress" then. Anything I can do to help? :D I can provide a sample for testing, etc... What's required for the font texture? Is there any way to "preview" the .sng file/lyrics outside of Rocksmith? 

@@th1rtyf0ur, I've picked DC font generator for Gamebryo engine(mostly for Fallout NV and Fallout 3 fonts) and I should improve that tool to generate sng files with font definition.(TTF fonts supported for sure) Currently I've got Python script that draws squares at lyrics.dds using definition from sng file, kinda dev tools for indoors use ;)

sure I'd like to have it's done any input and ideas on how It's better to do and testing stuff would be nice, I showed my wip manually created texture to one of my friends, here what I've got back than:
BpOep_jsEH4.jpg

I fail to remap glyphs for multiple chars, sooo, need more testing and format discovery.
original string from screen-shoot it "В чащах бга жил бы цитрус? Да, но фальшивый экземпляр!"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy