Rocksmith Custom Song Toolkit (toolkit) Q&A

@@MadMaxx, there is no vvems than, need to validate, but it shouldbe ok?

so i used now my older rev and all arr worked fine in the game and the wem files were generated correctly, i then started the latest toolkit and loaded the template and used the wem files generated from the older rev of the toolkit. When i hit now generate there is no cmd popping up and the custom works fine in the game.

To test now again the new rev of the toolkit i delete the wem files, select in the latest toolkit the wav file, hit save and the cmd pops up, now i hit generate and it pops up again. The file size of the psarc is now 50 mb versus 7,4 mb from the older rev.

Tried it also with an older project, still the same problem. I deleted the older wem files and let the latest toolkit generate them and the cmd popps up again after generate. The psarc generated is then 10x bigger than before.

Hi everyone, thanks for all your amazing work. I've been playing Rocksmith for a few years but only found CDLC at the end of 2014 and just love playing bass to all these amazing songs.

I had around 200+ CDLC tracks and things were working fine.  Occasionally I'd find a track that didn't work and I'd move it out of the folder to come back to later.  Unfortunately, sometime in the last month everything sort of blew up.  Some cover art was missing in the song list and no tracks would load past the speakers showing up (not just the occasional track).  So I removed any new songs and it didn't work.  Eventually I went through my entire library and got it to 153 tracks that load correctly and had already played in the past.  So, things seem to be fine with that set.

I keep trying to download new tracks and some work and a lot don't anymore.  Specifically, but not limited to, Rush's "The Analog Kid".  If I have only that CDLC in my library (and regular paid DLC) then the track loads fine.  If I add it as track 154, everything breaks.  The advice on a different thread was to try to find tracks with a duplicate name and either rename them or repack them.  I have gone through my list and looked for duplicates by file name, and so far haven't found them.  Now I'd like to go through them with the RocksmithCustomSongToolkit and check the names in that.

Unfortunately, I'm on a mac.  I've downloaded the latest build from today 815af747 (and also one from january/february and the one from yesterday).  I click on 'Import Package', click on either an _m.psarc or a _p.psarc and get this error https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/560x652q90/674/6dRehS.png(not my screenshot, that was posted by someone else on 2014-08-18 on this thread: http://customsforge.com/topic/9986-got-a-song-that-crashes-after-tuning-heres-how-to-fix-it/).  

Here is the contents of the log file:

2015-05-13 19:23:57.0047 | RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program (INFO) :
 RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program.Main
 Version: 2.6.1.0-815af747
 Command: "/Users/evan/Desktop/rocksmith dlc/RocksmithCustomToolkit-2015-05-14-815af747.app/Contents/Resources/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit.exe"

2015-05-13 19:33:22.0590 | RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program (ERROR) :
 RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program.<Main>b__1

RocksmithToolkitLib
System.String DoLikeProject(System.String)
Exception catched:

System.IO.InvalidDataException Audio files not found. System.String DoLikeProject(System.String)   at RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.DLCPackageData.DoLikeProject (System.String unpackedDir) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.dlcImportButton_Click (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mevent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mevent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmLButtonUp (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  System.IO.InvalidDataException: Audio files not found.
  at RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.DLCPackageData.DoLikeProject (System.String unpackedDir) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.dlcImportButton_Click (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mevent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mevent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmLButtonUp (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Thanks for any help and thanks so much for your great and hard work!

@@MadMaxx, probably one of the cozy  commit, I can revievv it and fix this ofc

@@evanbernstein, you no need latest toolkit actually, you can use older one, like this: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rscustom/rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit/build/14, I may add some checks for VVvvise too, It also has a Mac build, I'd like to have testers for it, I may add support for mac too, have you ffmpeg by default in your system?

here is the app https://www.audiokinetic.com/download/?id=2013.2.10_4884#macosx
you need authoring 

Thanks for the response @@Alex360.  Unfortunately the link that you gave me for an older version of the toolkit seemed to just take me to a log.  I don't know how to download the app from that page... and then I found it under 'Artifacts'.

Additionally, when I go to http://www.rscustom.net/the link to the latest release 2.6.0.0 is only for the windows version.  I can't seem to find the link to the mac version on that page.  Which is the latest build that you recommend for me?

I don't currently have ffmpeg installed on my machine. I just tried to install it via brew, but it looks like my brew is corrupt and I'll need to reinstall it, which I don't have time for right now to do.

I'm currently installing '2013.2.10 build 4884 (Stable)' of 'Wwise Authoring (Mac OS X)' but I need to leave for work.  I'll see if having that installed/running while I try to import a project works.

Thanks for your help.

VVe have no support for mac version of vvise, and that version I pointed for you  not required vvise, yes, you need artifacts page and Mac package. I may ask Raya to put extra stable link to Mac vvithin PC version

• Developer

@MadMaxx When does the chorus start in the xml?  If it starts with less than 30 seconds left in the song then the preview wem will hang.  If you want to send me link to the audio file wav/ogg and the xml I will have a look.  Don't worry about toolkit regenerate wav/ogg files.  This is for other users benefit so songs can be reauthored in EOF.

@@Alex360 this error could have to do with your new ChorusTime implementation.  Need to create an error check condition.  See my PM.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@MadMaxx When does the chorus start in the xml?  If it starts with less than 30 seconds left in the song then the preview wem will hang.  If you want to send me link to the audio file wav/ogg and the xml I will have a look.  Don't worry about toolkit regenerate wav/ogg files.  This is for other users benefit so songs can be reauthored in EOF.

@@Alex360 this error could have to do with your new ChorusTime implementation.  Need to create an error check condition.  See my PM.

I alway generate the preview file with EOF and dont let the toolkit autogenerate one. Anyway the chorus starts at 78 seconds and in a different song with the same issue the chorus starts at 113 sec

@@MadMaxx, any test file we could use? :)

I dont think that its file related, i have tried a few of my project and they show all the same issue. Does it work fine with your projects if you delete the wem files and let the latest toolkit generate new ones?

• Developer

@MadMaxx just committed new toolkit beta release to address issue based on you description.  If this does not solve, then we need sample files, i.e. audio and xml to help you further.

If you are using EOF to generate preview then you must generate both WEMs using Wwise GUI.  Toolkit can not help you.

EDIT: Maybe better to say that toolkit can help you only if you give it complete audio ogg/wav or both complete audio wem and preview wem.

EDIT: The lined out text above was misinformation on my part.  Just relooked at the code.  You should be able to give toolkit a preview OGG/WAV from EOF, in addition to full audio OGG/WAV and it will generate correct WEM and preview WEM for you.   If it is not working then need sample files.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

If I understand correctly, Wwise is something that was added to current builds of RocksmithCustomToolkit but does not yet exist in 2911121c build that you linked me too.

I just installed ffmpeg on my machine and tried to start up 2911121c and use the Import Package button.  Unfortunately, I'm getting the same error as before.  

I did not wind up installing Wwise because it is unclear that I actually need to.

Is there anything else I can do to get the 'Import Package' to work on a mac?

Thanks!

@MadMaxx just committed new toolkit beta release to address issue based on you description.  If this does not solve, then we need sample files, i.e. audio and xml to help you further.

In dac1b4fefd the filechooser is broken when i want to add the wwiseCLI.exe, when im in the Release->bin folder using the file chooser in can see only folders, files are not shown

Using a config.xml from a previous toolkit will result into an exception that says that it cant find the wwise path when i want to save the template

@MadMaxx

EDIT: The lined out text above was misinformation on my part.  Just relooked at the code.  You should be able to give toolkit a preview OGG/WAV from EOF, in addition to full audio OGG/WAV and it will generate correct WEM and preview WEM for you.   If it is not working then need sample files.

Using EOF previews has been working fine the whole time

• Developer

@MadMax  config.xml file format has changed.  Delete your old config.xml file and reconfig.  You are no longer adding the full file path to WwiseCLI.exe, only the Audiokinect directory.  You actually can leave path for Wwise blank in config and toolkit should find your Wwise install by itself.

@MadMax  config.xml file format has changed.  Delete your old config.xml file and reconfig.  You are no longer adding the full file path to WwiseCLI.exe, only the Audiokinect directory.  You actually can leave path for Wwise blank in config and toolkit should find your Wwise install by itself.

alright i left it blank and after hitting save the cmd popped up and wem files were generated, so far so good, sadly after i hit generate the cmd popps up again and the psarc generated is over 50 mb big vs 7.6 mb from an older toolkit

Is there a test project that i can try?

• Developer

If you want to test.  Take any known working CDLC you like (doesn't even need to be yours).  Use the toolkit, "Creator" tab click on "Import Package" button and select the CDLC.  After it loads in Creator GUI, change the version number to a new number.  Click on the "Generate" button.  Toolkit should generate a new psarc that is only a few 100 kb different than the original. 

If you want to test.  Take any known working CDLC you like (doesn't even need to be yours).  Use the toolkit, "Creator" tab click on "Import Package" button and select the CDLC.  After it loads in Creator GUI, change the version number to a new number.  Click on the "Generate" button.  Toolkit should generate a new psarc that is only a few 100 kb different than the original. 

Importing a package works fine, obviously because the wem files are already generated. If i convert the wav to wem with an older toolkit and load the template with the new toolkit everything is fine. The problem is if i delete the wem files and let the latest toolkit generate the wem files or if i create a new project that needs the wav files converted.

Did someone test it if it works fine to let the latest toolkit generate wem files from wav files?

• Developer

Templates from old versions will probably not work with new version. The paths are probably wrong.   I will put in error check.  Create new template or don't use template.

Templates from old versions will probably not work with new version. The paths are probably wrong.   I will put in error check.  Create new template or don't use template.

nope still the same, even if i dont use the old template and create a new one with the latest toolkit.

Did you read the post above? The problem started with rev c19c79f369, what was added there seems to cause wwise to get called again when hitting generate

@@MadMaxx,  confirmed tvvo times vvav\ogg to vvem bug(no  caching regression) but all vvorks fine, have you disabled your AV?
it may sandbox\block our tool, because they  can. DDC tab having issues vvith this too, also test this build and say if one vvorked for you: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rscustom/rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit/build/75

if yes I  could redo some parts to achive stable results

@@MadMaxx,  confirmed tvvo times vvav\ogg to vvem bug(no  caching regression) but all vvorks fine, have you disabled your AV?

it may sandbox\block our tool, because they  can. DDC tab having issues vvith this too, also test this build and say if one vvorked for you: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rscustom/rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit/build/75

if yes I  could redo some parts to achive stable results

5f9b28b6d0 works fine

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy