Rocksmith Custom Song Toolkit (toolkit) Q&A

@PC Plum, if you did tone in RS with alternate skin, It'll be present ingame, I just added fields to keep that settings for the tones, no database for this still :)

Success!!!!

Check out my new Rory custom to see alternate amp skin in action.

Thanks Alex360, really appreciate that :D

• Like 1

Well I am delighted that I can use alternate amp skins, but not so delighted that even Eb bass arrangements give the toolkit trouble now :(

https://www.sendspace.com/file/56iyib

Try to add that to the toolkit (latest test build from rscustom.net) and you get the tuning box.  Can it not just add an Eb bass arrangement like it always has done?

I don't like the tuning box because I am unsure what it is doing and I am likely to overwrite Standard tunings with things that show up as "Custom Tuning" in game.  Of course I can experiment to determine what is going on, but I really cba for something so simple as Eb :(

Also, although not really a problem just a little nippy as it's confusing and different behavior to before, but what is it doing when adding guitar arrangements?  It's calling Real_Guitar_22 the Lead and Real_Guitar the Rhythm, even though in EoF my arrangement types are undefined for those tracks.

I can see a shift from always getting called "Rhythm" but surely Real_Guitar is more likely going to be Lead and Real_Guitar_22 is more likely going to be Rhythm?

Thanks!!!

Also, although not really a problem just a little nippy as it's confusing and different behavior to before, but what is it doing when adding guitar arrangements?  It's calling Real_Guitar_22 the Lead and Real_Guitar the Rhythm, even though in EoF my arrangement types are undefined for those tracks.

I can see a shift from always getting called "Rhythm" but surely Real_Guitar is more likely going to be Lead and Real_Guitar_22 is more likely going to be Rhythm?

I'd rather call it Real_Guitar_17 and Real_Guitar_22 numbers at the end is max fret values, so lead should have more frets to play solos and other things, like Rhythm is chord based arrangement, so it needs less frets by default.

That vvas my thoughts vvhen I  changed it long time ago. You just feel discomfort from relearning things

bug about tunings confirmed, It's because it vvrongly picking tuning for, bass but that's vvrong, I may vvork more on tuning system

Just to confirm, I have actually managed to get that bass arrangement I linked to say "Eb Standard" in game.  It is correct as it sorts with all the other Eb songs in the game.

What I did:

- Pull the arrangement into the toolkit

- In the top left box of the Tuning Box (UI Name) I typed "Eb Standard"

- Hit OK

- Left "Add as new tuning" unchecked

Just in case anyone else has trouble, that's what I did.  Good luck :D

I meant to post this earlier, but didn't get around to it for a while. Around the beginning of the month I upgraded the toolkit to the most recent version and tried to generate a CDLC but got this error. I hadn't gotten the error with some previous CDLC that I'd tried to make, but when trying to generate them again from the same files I got the same error again. I also have the log file if people need to see it, but wasn't sure how I should post it (or whether I should post it here since it has a lot of text).

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Thanks for your help!

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• Developer

@@albatross213  Did you set the path to Wwise.exe in toolkit configuration menu?  If you have a custom install of Wwise you will need to do this first.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Thanks @@cozy1, I think I got it fixed now. I think I might have had too recent a version of Wwise installed or something weird like that, but I think I got it working now. I'll keep you guys updated in case anything goes wrong in the future. Thanks again!

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Hey @@Alex360, something weird happened today that had never happened before.

I'm working on a custom, I started last week and I made the 1st build to test, which was working fine.

Today I was going to continue, and when testing the 1st build I noticed the lead arrangement had a lot of notes out of sync, so I decided to sync it again in GPA and then import to EoF.... you know the rest.

When I was done in EoF, I generated the .psarc with the latest toolkit version, no errors. I go to the game, select the song, press to play, pass the tuner and BUM, I'm back on the desktop with that usual windows error box.

I tried of everything I could think of and no matter what I did, every time I tried to play the custom, in any of the 3 arrangements, as soon as the song was about to start, error.

After a couple of hours I decided to downgrade EoF to r1400 (I was using r1401) and use the toolkit version that came out on April 30th, the one with the DDC v2.7 update.

I opened the project in EoF, saved it to generate new .xml's, packed the song, go to the game and the custom is working fine.

To summarize, I wanted to know what was causing the crash, so after several trial and error attempts I found out that what was causing the game to crash was the toolkit. :o

I forgot to mention that no other CDLC, ODLC or even on disc songs ever did this. What happened some times with broken customs was the game froze after the tuner, just showing the speakers and I had to ALT+F4 to exit the game, but when those situations happened, I always discovered what was causing the problem and it was always something related with the making of the custom.

Now I'm using EoF r1401, the toolkit from April 30th and I already generated 3 builds of the custom and all of them worked fine.

What puzzles me is that I have imported customs to remove DD with the latest toolkit version and I even generated a new version of a custom I had completed but needed a few corrections and all worked perfectly, so I have absolutely no clue what the toolkit did different with the files from this custom to cause the game to crash every time I tried to play it.

Let me know if you need any files.

As for the logs from the toolkit, sorry, but with all the testing they got deleted, but I can re-create the situation again easily if you guys need the .psarc or the log file from the toolkit.

Ok @@Alex360, I've made more tests to be sure from what toolkit version the custom stopped working.

I started packing the same .xml saved package of the custom with version 5decd5e08a, it worked as I said before.

Then I generated the .psarc with version 4d41353f92, it also worked.

Next was version c61101157c and it crashed the game. I also tried with versions 47ed4367c3 and 5f9b28b6d0, both give the exact same error.

Here's the link to the folder with 2 .psarc files (one working, the other crashing the game) and also the 4 .xmls generated by EoF and been used to generate files with the versions of the toolkit I mentioned above.

I noticed 1 thing during the testing.... the versions that create the custom that crashes the game generate a file a little bit smaller than the ones that generate a working file. (working file size: 23.705/6Kb ; non-working file size: 23.701Kb)

I don't know if that's significant or not, I just thought it was a bit odd, since the files used to generate the .psarc are the same, so I assumed the file size would be equal (or with very small differences, like 23.705Kb, 23.706Kb).

If there's anything else I can do or that you need from me, just let me know.

Thanks

Update: I saw that 2 new builds of the toolkit were released today. I tried with both, same behavior in the game, as the smaller file size (about 5Kb-6Kb).

EDIT2: @@Alex360, @@cozy1, I went back a few pages and read all the posts. I now see that other people had the same problem I'm having.

I don't really know what the showlights.xml file is for, but does it have to do with what is shown on the background while playing a song?

In the meantime I tested another custom, I mean, I repacked another custom I had finished recently with the latest toolkit version that came out today and that custom works. :huh:

Just a theory from someone that lacks any kind of knowledge on how the toolkit/coding works, but since I think this error is only happening with certain customs, could there be a common "thing" on those that "interferes" with the showlights file, something that doesn't exist on the ones that work?

I have no clue on what that could be, since the customs I referred are both from Gary Moore, so lots of bends and single notes.... differences between the 2....

- 1 has tone changes, the other doesn't

- the one with the tone changes also has lyrics, the other doesn't

I can't think of anything else that exists on the custom that crashes but is absent on the one that works, could any of the things I said be the source of the problem?

Sorry for lots of text and questions, I'm just trying to help you guys solving this issue..... if you need anything else, files, testing, just let me know.

Thanks for all the work on one of the tools that allows us to be able to create customs. :)

Edited by Kaijin

• Developer

@@TomSawyer2112 "I find it a bit disturbing that the path (mine may be a little long) takes up space, and the file name can't be identified."

Fixed in latest beta release.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

@@Kaijin  I believe there is a bug when Net 4.0 GetHashCode is called under Net 4.5.  I have reported this to @@Alex360 to see if we can find a work around.  You saw/found the same bug in CGT when "Tuning" kept showing up as "Other".  Will try to have a fix asap.

Edit:  Appreciate the latest input.  Will take a look at what you suggest.  Alex is the showlights expert so I need to see what he thinks, tomorrow.

• Like 1

As far as I'm concerned @@cozy1, you guys can take your time, you already do a lot for the community.

I've spent the day working on the custom in question, using the toolkit version I mentioned in a couple of posts above, so everything is ok by me, there's no feature on the new released that I "need" to get the custom I'm making ready to release.

I edited my previous post twice, don't know if any of what I wrote is of any help, but it doesn't "hurt" to try :)

Thanks guys.

Thanks a lot guys, I was pretty sure you would solve the issue very fast, as always. :D

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, the difference that I noticed in the file size from the working to the non-working custom was a very small showlights.xml in the non-working file?

It's just that I generated a file with the new toolkit build now and the file size is even smaller....

EDIT2: Scratch the above, despite the fact that the size difference between the files is 6Kb, the file generated with the latest toolkit build is working perfectly, I just tested it.

Thanks again. :)

Edited by Kaijin
  • Like 1

• Developer

@@Kaijin Yes, problem was with showlights.xml.  I gave Alex what I had found and he should be able to tell you more details of fix.  You can see there was minimal change in latest toolkit beta release to fix problem.  Should be working now.

@ Yes, problem was with showlights.xml.  I gave Alex what I had found and he should be able to tell you more details of fix.  You can see there was minimal change in latest toolkit beta release to fix problem.  Should be working now.

Thanks @@cozy1, everything is working perfectly and thanks for the new features and changes in the GUI of the toolkit, it's much easier to see the file names and paths separately with just a click on an "arrow" :D

This tool, along with CGT and EoF are amazing, always improving and adding tons of excellent and cool features, many of them just to make our work easier and faster to perform.

I and all the members of the community can't thank you guys enough for all your work in the past 4 years or so, many thanks. :D

I have an issue with the latest rev with the showlights fix. Finished a new project and added all files needed, i hit save and the wwise cmd pops up as usual and i get then asked to save the template. Till here everything is ok, now i hit generate and the wwise cmd pops up again whitch looks to me like an issue because it means that the wav file gets converted again.

Edit: timestamp between .psarc and the wem files seems to be the same therefore generate converted the wav files again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy