Rocksmith Custom Song Toolkit (toolkit) Q&A

• Developer

@Azrael  Thank you for your constructive, thoughtful comments.  Always appreciated.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Please consider another issue. If you change tones and/or DD in the new version of CDLC and don't give it a new ID then the game will most likely crash/hang because of conflicts that will exist in the game save.

DD doesn't count because it would generate a new ID number anyway when you pulled the newly processed XML into the toolkt.

Changing tones doesn't crash the game.  It's one of the most stable things in custom creation.  Please don't break it :D

@@Azrael in this particular case you could use an old toolkit to update your valued custom/stats.  I know its bad taste to use older kit but this would be a one off.

Either that or manually save your arrangement id's in a text file or something and put them in yourself when updating?

In general I totally agree with arrangement number updates with version numbers.  Throughout the community it will save a tonne of hassle.  In fact, what about an arrangement number "auto update" button in the toolkit, for re-building troublesome customs?  It would be the first thing I would recommend to people saying they see frozen screens/amps.

• Developer

@PC Plum "Changing tones doesn't crash the game."

Not sure what you mean.  Are you talking about in game tone changes, or adding/editing/changing custom tones in toolkit?  Based on the number of games saves that I have repaired that have corrupt Tone sections you definitely want to take care with creating custom tones in the toolkit.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

I don't create tones in the toolkit, I import them from my profile or other working customs.

I edit the hell out of them and change the assigned tone to an arrangment a lot, and it's never caused a failed (re)build in my experience.  And I change tones levels (+0.5dB) a lot.

If tones are breaking profiles or builds, then people are doing something wrong.  Selecting an amp with no cab or something.

I think you might need to elaborate on the exact scenarios of when and what it re-generates as I ran into some things that differed from my expectations.

I was workin' on a multitracks song today and changed the DLC Name, Song Title, Song Title Sort, and the audio (all as part of the standard procedure for making multitracks), and it didn't generate new IDs, but then I went out of my way and changed the Version number as you explicitly said and it re-generated. Is that the only piece of information it re-generates on, or is this unexpected behavior?

Additionally, it appears while it does re-generate IDs for guitar and bass parts, the vocals parts IDs did not seem to change as the lyrics showed up fine in the standard version but did not appear in either of the alternate two versions, forcing me to delete and re-add vocals (as clicking edit on vocals still gives an error) on the no bass/guitar audio versions. Is it intended that vocals IDs do not re-generate?

Thanks for your time,

• Like 1

I've always got the multitracks.

• Developer

@Karmeleaux

"Is that the only piece of information it re-generates on, or is this unexpected behavior?"  Unexpected, will fix in next

beta update.  EDIT:  Toolkit regenerates new IDs if you change any of the song info in the Package Creator GUI but only after you press "Generate".  If you were looking at IDs before generating they will not appear to have changed.

"Is it intended that vocals IDs do not re-generate?"  Unexpected, will fix in next beta update. 

EDIT:  What version of toolkit are you using?  I can not even open Vocals with latest beta release, ha.  :lol:  Have a fix and will upload soon.

Thanks for feedback.

• Developer

@Karmeleaux  All fixed in latest beta release.  Thanks for identifying problem with Vocals.  Give the repo a few minutes to build the latest beta before downloading.  Please let me know if beta works for you as you described in summary above.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is something that is wrong with just my install or not.  I'm running ver. 2.6.1.0-87276ac6 .  When I attempt to use the CDLC to Tab tool (Max Diff only, output to Guitar Pro), I get the following:

2015-04-26 14:37:02.7485 | RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program (INFO) :
RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program.Main
Version: 2.6.1.0-87276ac6
Command: "C:\Users\Smallen\Documents\Rocksmith Custom Files\master-2.6.0.0-4174fc7b3141\RocksmithToolkitGUI.exe"

2015-04-26 14:37:53.7780 | RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program (ERROR) :
RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program.

b__1

RocksmithToTabLib
Int32[] GetTuning(RocksmithToolkitLib.Xml.Song2014)
Exception catched:

System.MissingMethodException Method not found: 'Int16[] RocksmithToolkitLib.Xml.TuningStrings.ToShortArray()'. Int32[] GetTuning(RocksmithToolkitLib.Xml.Song2014) at RocksmithToTabLib.Converter.GetTuning(Song2014 arrangement)
at RocksmithToTabLib.Converter.ConvertArrangement(Song2014 arrangement, String identifier, Int32 difficultyLevel)
at RocksmithToolkitLib.Song2014ToTab.Gp5Converter.ExportArrangement(Score score, Song2014 arrangement, Int32 difficulty, String originalFile, ToolkitInfo toolkitInfo) in c:\projects\rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit\RocksmithToolkitLib\Song2014ToTab\Gp5Converter.cs:line 109
at RocksmithToolkitLib.Song2014ToTab.Gp5Converter.PsarcToGp5(String inputFilePath, String outputDir, IList`1 songListShort, String outputFormat, Boolean allDif) in c:\projects\rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit\RocksmithToolkitLib\Song2014ToTab\Gp5Converter.cs:line 82
at RocksmithToolkitGUI.CDLC2Tab.CDLC2Tab.convertButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\projects\rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit\RocksmithTookitGUI\CDLC2Tab\CDLC2Tab.cs:line 164
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Int16[] RocksmithToolkitLib.Xml.TuningStrings.ToShortArray()'.
at RocksmithToTabLib.Converter.GetTuning(Song2014 arrangement)
at RocksmithToTabLib.Converter.ConvertArrangement(Song2014 arrangement, String identifier, Int32 difficultyLevel)
at RocksmithToolkitLib.Song2014ToTab.Gp5Converter.ExportArrangement(Score score, Song2014 arrangement, Int32 difficulty, String originalFile, ToolkitInfo toolkitInfo) in c:\projects\rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit\RocksmithToolkitLib\Song2014ToTab\Gp5Converter.cs:line 109
at RocksmithToolkitLib.Song2014ToTab.Gp5Converter.PsarcToGp5(String inputFilePath, String outputDir, IList`1 songListShort, String outputFormat, Boolean allDif) in c:\projects\rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit\RocksmithToolkitLib\Song2014ToTab\Gp5Converter.cs:line 82
at RocksmithToolkitGUI.CDLC2Tab.CDLC2Tab.convertButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\projects\rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit\RocksmithTookitGUI\CDLC2Tab\CDLC2Tab.cs:line 164
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Not really a big deal, as I'm still able to use an older ver. (2.6.1.0-2911121c) for the few times that I want to use that tool.

I just thought I ought to see if this was something you guys knew about.

@Karmeleaux  All fixed in latest beta release.  Thanks for identifying problem with Vocals.  Give the repo a few minutes to build the latest beta before downloading.  Please let me know if beta works for you as you described in summary above.

Tried it today and everything worked as expected now, thanks.

• Like 1

I've always got the multitracks.

• Developer

@Alex360  I broke it when I was trying to cleanup.  I did not see the need for Int16 and Int32 version of  "strings".  I missed one dependency when converting.  I will put back and fix.

EDIT:

public Int16[] ToShortArray() is only used by RocksmithToTabLib.dll.  @cabalistic could you please migrate to using public Int16[] ToArray() in Song.cs.  Would like to deprecate ToShortArray().  Thanks

@sasmallen  Thanks for finding bug.  All fixed.

btw. was there a reason why the name of the toolkit folder was changed from for example master-2.6.1.0-1d45d6373add.zip to just windows.zip?

btw.2 i think that you guys are using in the toolkit an old version of the rs2gp tab converter, as far as i can see the latest version does color the instrument tracks differently instead of all red and the instrument order was changed to lead, rhythm, bass. The latest version is i think 0.9.9

New theory...

I had a crash tonight, the game flipped out and I had to manually reset.  I was messing with tones that I deliberately over stocked i.e. used 8 items in a tone instead of the in game limit of 7.

My Smells Like Teen Spirit custom has 2 tones in it with 8 slots used and it works fine and does not break the game when you play it (they played it in the CS a few weeks ago and not one complaint...), but I loaded up a tone from it there and tried to edit it (a lot, like swapping out the 8th pedal to try a few different ones out) and when I came out of tone designer the tone had locked and aI couldn't hit 2, 3 or 4 to select anything else.  When I tried to quit the game it froze, but I heard the default lead tone again.  Then I had to Task Manager it.

I made the tones in the toolkit by importing a tone from my profile then adding something to the loop slot.  I was using an older toolkit when I made the custom I can't remember which version.

Well I typed all that out to try to explain clearly...  I realise to anyone else it might be gobble gook so feel free to ask.

Anyway, my theory...  people overloading tone slots (I can imagine people filling in EVERY slot) is breaking profiles and causing the problem you speak of by breaking the game when the offending custom is played.  Possibly the profiles are breaking becasue people don't know how to hard quit an application properly - possibly even turning the pc off at power or hitting reset.

Solution...  limit the number of slots that can be used to designing tones in the toolit to 7.

@@MadMaxx, I have here last version of rs to gp and it's 1.0.0, also I'm  changing some code to boost it up, like i did for other app :)
gonna put a pull request after all ;)

@PC Plum, I think vve should use RS pedals limits, usually it's 6 for pedals? I cant remember, but vve  should limit it, because it's too much load to cpu and sound card.

In game in Tone Designer you get 7 slots (grey dots) to play with, in any combination.

If you use no rack effects then you can use more pedals and vice versa.  So the phrase "RS pedals limits" is confusing.  The only real limit is 7 items in total.

@@MadMaxx, It's there, it's just code,not released, but vve already have 0.9.9 in toolkit :P

I tried rev 15823ce7b4 and its still pre 0.9.8. The instrument order has to be in a 0.9.9 converted gp5 lead, rhythm, bass but with the latest rev of the toolkit its still bass, lead, rhythm and all 3 tracks are in the gp5 colored red but in 0.9.9 they have different colors. Based on those things it looks to me like its in the latest toolkit still pre 0.9.8 because those things and other fixes were included in 0.9.8

@@MadMaxx, I used latest lib, you can view version of it in "cff explorer" for example...
Anyway, maybe issues you experienced is about toolkit layer vvhere it's calling to rs2tab lib, he may  code his stuff for those optimization in gui\CLI layer, not in lib

also: https://github.com/fholger/RocksmithToTab/blob/master/RocksmithToTabLib/VersionInfo.cs

EDIT:
yup, all "important" changes goes to cli tools,look here:
https://github.com/fholger/RocksmithToTab/commit/6924be61fd784e3d0946182286cbb04295bceed1
https://github.com/fholger/RocksmithToTab/commit/ce132940aa8f5ee76c9205c812a2ab1f9d028f37

I can't say much more except the problem seems to show also in this release.

I noticed this after the latest beta update, checked my custom, rebuild everthing in EOF and Toolkit, wem files.

Everything's fine, until the song is supposed to start in RS14 after tuning.

Then RS14 crashes, quits, without a warning.

The customs seem to work fine generated with previous Toolkit.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy