Rocksmith Custom Song Toolkit (toolkit) Q&A

• Developer

Another feature, in latest build, the toolkit will look for the default install of WwiseCLI.exe if the user does not set path in configuration.  So as long as you have a default install of Wwise build 4828 it will also work without configuration. 

Only exceptions thrown are if you have custom install and do not set configuration, and/or you have wrong version of Wwise.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

I can confirm that wwise build 4856 (the oldest version still available for download/install on the wwise site) works perfectly w/ latest CSC.

If you're like me and have installed a newer wwise build, you should get build 4856 while it's still available.

Much thanks to the devs!

• 2 weeks later...

With the last builds, I have had a problem with using more than 1 custom tone in a song. Gives me an error upon generating: Undefined tone name. Goes as far back  as build 8e53d3ccdf. 2.6.0.0 (rev 4174fc7b) Works fine with the exact same setup. Saving the template in that old build, and then opening it in a later build and generating a package also works.

The latest builds also ask me to give a name to every tuning I add, even if it's already in the list. So, if I add an arrangement in D Standard, it'll pop up that window, with every string already at -2, which is correct, but still asks me for the name. This also goes back to build 8e53d3ccdf.

• Developer

I am trying to duplicate the error(s) you are having.  Could you please post link to your xml files? 

Are you inserting custom tones in EOF?  If so you still need to define them in CST.  If they are not defined in CST then you get "Undefined tone name" error.  Do you still get error Generating in CST after defining tone?

EDIT:  I found error and will implement fix for ... "The latest builds also ask me to give a name to every tuning I add, even if it's already in the list. So, if I add an arrangement in D Standard, it'll pop up that window, with every string already at -2, which is correct, but still asks me for the name" 

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

On import:

http://puu.sh/hg6pK/9e5f13c43a.png

After changing to the right tones:

http://puu.sh/hg6ux/7ce09dc13f.png

Saving goes fine, then when generating:

http://puu.sh/hg6xj/d0b84c9886.png

And yes, all the tones are defined. They all work. I've released the CDLC as generated using 2.6.0.0 (Nightwish - Edema Ruh), and all the tones work just fine.

The .xml file is generated by EoF, where I did define the tones:

http://puu.sh/hg6KQ/727e46e1d1.png/ss%20%282015-04-16%20at%2006.53.56%29.png

No user changes were made to the xml.

Tone list in the toolkit:

http://puu.sh/hg6Sd/c737fa5afe.png/ss%20%282015-04-16%20at%2006.56.07%29.png

Link to the XML:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/e58d1f

• Developer

@@SmellyOrc The check box "If checked, tone slots are disabled to prevent autotone failure", is alerting you not to make any changes to the tones (names).  I will have to see if I can modify the code to accommodate the the types of tone changes you are showing above.

So are you using toolkit "Load Tone" button to replace (change) these custom EOF tones?

A temporary work around should be to rename your custom tone *.tone2014.xml file to match the custom tone names that you used in EOF and then Load Tone in the toolkit.

@@SmellyOrc The check box "If checked, tone slots are disabled to prevent autotone failure", is alerting you not to make any changes to the tones (names).  I will have to see if I can modify the code to accommodate the the types of tone changes you are showing above.

So are you using toolkit "Load Tone" button to replace (change) these custom EOF tones?

A temporary work around should be to rename your custom tone *.tone2014.xml file to match the custom tone names that you used in EOF and then Load Tone in the toolkit.

It doesn't matter if i load the tones before or after i add the arrangement, I get the same error.

Also, I have ALWAYS used generic/descriptive tone names in EoF, only to replace them with the real tones (with different tone names) once in the toolkit. Why? Because I don't know beforehand which tone(s) I'll use. I'm NOT changing that. That's bullshit :) Worked just fine with 2.6.0.0. If there's a change in that behaviour, that's a downgrade/downdate, not an upgrade/update.

@@SmellyOrc, yup, regression came to our land and took all glory avvay :D

j\k I think vve'll handle this bugs this month, I'll review lot's of code and polish it if required, mabe I'll add uml diagram for main toolkit pipeline too

• Developer

Yep, smelly orifice bull shit.  ;)   Here is the problem in XML file.  Now to fix it. 

EDIT:  If you need to blow smoke then please go to the bathroom and do it in private. The 2.6.0.0-4174fc7b release works the same and produces the same errors, just checked it. 

EDIT:  If you need to blow smoke then please go to the bathroom and do it in private.

Maybe it's because it's the internet, and sarcasm and whatever aren't well transmitted... but are you implying I'm making this up or something?

All I know is, I get the error using the latest build, and when I use 2.6.0.04174fc7b, adding the arrangements the EXACT same way, using the exact same tones in the exact same place, everything works fine.

I initially had trouble with the latest build and got the error and wem preview message. Looked at the posts in this thread and several others and downloaded the wwise 4858 build since the 4828 was taken down. Everything worked perfectly. I was even able to convert some RS1 CDLC to RS14. Mixed results for some but still impressive. I don't use Wwise anymore to convert wem files I do it all in the rocksmith toolkit and it works perfectly. Only funny thing I noticed is when I forgot to make a preview in FOF the preview that the rocksmith toolkit made was like a chipmunk speed up version preview within the game. It was really funny. It works fine and plays the normal preview if one is made within FOF. The song played fine too even though it was chipmunk version preview. Great work on the updates. Love the new features.

• Developer

@mvsmith  Thanks for feedback.  FYI the toolkit will also make a 30 second preview  Wem for you if you don't provide a preview.   Not sure about the chipmunk sound. 

• Developer

@SmellyOrc  Issues are fixed.  You should be able to use the toolkit as you described your workflow. 

Fixed custom tone saving issue. Accommodate EOF tone id conventions. Accommodate user tone changes when autotone is set.

Agree with you that the internet does not transmit sarcasm well.  Have always heard that you should post as if your Mom could be reading it.  ;)  Maybe your Mom is more tolerant than my was.

EDIT: use a fresh EOF XML file when you try the fix, otherwise toolkit going to throw an error if you try it on the one posted above.

Hey, so I'm havin' a few issues with the current beta build:

-The folder paths are relative to the package's xml's file position, so when I reorganized my files after computer problems every field points somewhere that doesn't exist. This isn't a huge deal on its own but:
-I cannot edit the filepath for any arrangement after I've added it, the path and the browse button are grayed out. Combined with the above, I have to delete and readd every arrangement.
-When doing multitracks and trying to edit the vocals arrangement to increment the arrangement ID, I get a big ol' error (in spoilers below), which means i have to delete and readd vocals two more times.

2015-04-21 21:55:48.5358 | RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program (ERROR) :
 RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program.<Main>b__1

System.Windows.Forms
Void set_SelectedIndex(Int32)
Exception catched:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex Void set_SelectedIndex(Int32)    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.ArrangementForm.FillTuningCombo(ArrangementType arrangementType, GameVersion gameVersion) in c:\projects\rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit\RocksmithTookitGUI\DLCPackageCreator\ArrangementForm.cs:line 236
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.ArrangementForm..ctor(Arrangement arrangement, DLCPackageCreator control, GameVersion gameVersion) in c:\projects\rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit\RocksmithTookitGUI\DLCPackageCreator\ArrangementForm.cs:line 113
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.arrangementEditButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\projects\rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit\RocksmithTookitGUI\DLCPackageCreator\DLCPackageCreator.cs:line 307
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.ArrangementForm.FillTuningCombo(ArrangementType arrangementType, GameVersion gameVersion) in c:\projects\rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit\RocksmithTookitGUI\DLCPackageCreator\ArrangementForm.cs:line 236
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.ArrangementForm..ctor(Arrangement arrangement, DLCPackageCreator control, GameVersion gameVersion) in c:\projects\rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit\RocksmithTookitGUI\DLCPackageCreator\ArrangementForm.cs:line 113
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.arrangementEditButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\projects\rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit\RocksmithTookitGUI\DLCPackageCreator\DLCPackageCreator.cs:line 307
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

None of 'em are huge issues but a fix and/or insight to any of 'em (the latter two far moreso than the first) would definitely help me out.

Thanks for your time,

I've always got the multitracks.

• Developer

@ Karmeleaux

"-I cannot edit the filepath for any arrangement after I've added it, the path and the browse button are grayed out. Combined with the above, I have to delete and readd every arrangement." 

You can only change the paths to the XML from "Add".  This is to prevent other errors that could occur if paths are changed to existing XMLs.  If you use "Import Package" the paths should be set correctly.  If you add Xml Arrangements the path should be set correctly. 

Are you using "Load Package", if so don't.  If you changed paths on you computer you need to recreate the "Save Package" data.  To do this, manually add you EOF files to the "Creator" and then "Save Package" with the new paths.

"-When doing multitracks and trying to edit the vocals arrangement to increment the arrangement ID" 

You do not need to increment the arrangement ID manually.  The newest beta of the toolkit will do this automatically for you as long as you have made at least one revision to the song information on the "Creator" GUI.  You can just change the "Version" number and new arrangement ID's will be created automatically.  This prevents problems where CDLC's have the same arrangment IDs.

Hope I am understanding your problems correctly.  Let me know if this works for you.

• Like 1

I have noticed that the No fretboard showing up or freeze after tuning has not happened to me now by a long time, were you guys able to fix this bug?

It could be maybe only luck but i guess that i have now generated at least 100 packages without a broken arrangement. I hope it stays like that :lol:. Im only a little bit surprised because this issue usually would happen to me regularly and now it seems to be gone.

• Developer

Ya, what Alex said.  All fixed.

EDIT:  Thanks for feedback.

• Like 1

You can just change the "Version" number and new arrangement ID's will be created automatically.  This prevents problems where CDLC's have the same arrangment IDs.

Does this mean that the stats of the arrangements (number of playthroughs, master score, etc.) will be resetted from now on after each update (change of version number) of our customs?

If yes, then I do not like that :ph34r:

I never had problems with different versions of my customs. I guess I could save the old ID and insert it manually?

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

• Developer

@Azrael  "Does this mean that the stats of the arrangements (number of playthroughs, master score, etc.) will be resetted from now"

Technically the stats are still in your game save but it will look like they are reset.  I understand your comment and concern.  I have to ask a rhetorical question now.  If you make a revision then why wouldn't you want to reset stats?  Unfortunately I don't see anyway to keep all the campers happy here. 

Please consider another issue. If you change tones and/or DD in the new version of CDLC and don't give it a new ID then the game will most likely crash/hang because of conflicts that will exist in the game save.  So I think it is better to reset IDs and have fewer crashes/hangs.

"I guess I could save the old ID and insert it manually?"   Or you could just keep playing the older version of the CDLC.  ;)

I could give you a hidden checkbox if that would help. :)

The reason for my concern is something like the following: I'll soon have over 100 playthroughs on my very first and often updated custom (and I really like to see that number grow even further). And since my changes are often only details, I prefer keeping all the other stats as well.

But in general you are right, of course: When the chart changes, you highscores should reset.

And in the end (the danger of) corrupting your profile and loosing all your progress is far worse than loosing the progress on a single CDLC after an update.

So I guess I will have to get used to that. While being a tempting option, a hidden checkbox will always be a risk factor - so, no, we should be able to live without it...

• Like 1

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy