Rocksmith Custom Song Toolkit (toolkit) Q&A

Im on the latest revision. In the Add Arrangement window the Scroll Speed bar can be dragged below 1.0 till 0.5. Is this intended or a bug? It has always been only till 1.0 and even in the configuration tab you can at the moment only set a default scroll speed of 1.0 and not less.

About the Wwise convert feature in the Toolkit. I updated only recently to the newest revision of the toolkit with that feature, what i noticed is that if you enter an already converted .wem file that the toolkit will still converted it again based on the audio quality setting in the gui. A check should probably be added that does jump the convert feature of the toolkit if the .wem file is already entered using the file chooser.

I HAVE A BUG!  =]

been chasing this down for a few days, and with some help from the DDC guy and some others, i finally figured out its happening when the package is generated by the RST.

heres the files: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2TjljRp4LJucVJYdmQxWWx3M0k/view?usp=sharing

using the latest beta (2.6.1.0-0f95ae0d - this doesnt happen with 2.6.0.0), when i hit 'generate', the original xml files are being re-written with some extra garbage at the end. i assume thats whats going into the package too.

should the original xml files even be touched? i assumed they were just dropped into the package. 

anyway... at this point this is just a bug report, since i've figured out enough to fix the issue with zero problems... but i figured i should at least report the bug.

thanx a ton for everything you guys do.

• Developer

Im on the latest revision. In the Add Arrangement window the Scroll Speed bar can be dragged below 1.0 till 0.5. Is this intended or a bug? It has always been only till 1.0 and even in the configuration tab you can at the moment only set a default scroll speed of 1.0 and not less.

About the Wwise convert feature in the Toolkit. I updated only recently to the newest revision of the toolkit with that feature, what i noticed is that if you enter an already converted .wem file that the toolkit will still converted it again based on the audio quality setting in the gui. A check should probably be added that does jump the convert feature of the toolkit if the .wem file is already entered using the file chooser.

Scroll speed is just inconsistent and will be fixed in future release.   About Wwise conversion, if you only provide main auido WEM then toolkit will regenerate main audio WEM and also prepare preview WEM.  You must provide both main auido and preview WEM files in order for the toolkit to not regenerate the audio.  This is the expected behavior.

EDIT:  Alex360 tells me that giri giri chop has a 0.9 scroll speed, so that is reason for scroll speed minimum changed.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

@@III_Demon

The latest version of the toolkit does update the XML file(s) if the user make any changes to song information, e.g. title, date, tuning, tones, etc. This is the expected behavior and gives greater flexibility to the user to make last minute changes or revisions to existing CDLC songs from within the toolkit.

I am seeing the data you referenced after the "song" end tag.  Only seems to occur with XML from EOF.  No fix is need since the latest version takes away user changes to XML.

Edit: Re enabled Xml updating after user edits for testing.  End tag issue is fixed.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Toolkit version: c37d42bd9b

I get a new error when I want to save a template as an XML:

http://puu.sh/gSQZk/77bfa908f2.png/ss%20%282015-03-28%20at%2010.57.21%29.png

It also comes up with errors like: "Part REAL_GUITAR" does not exist, when I try to generate a package. It saves just fine when there are no arrangements added.

When I downgrade to eea374be0e the errors are gone, and the toolkit saves the file just fine.

The most recent test build seems to allow me to save packages again, but the Configuration information seems to constantly blank itself still.

That is, no matter what I change in the Configuration tab, it resets to blank (or the first option for lists) the next time I check it, even in the same session. Anyone else having this issue? I notice a lot of the information doesn't match up with a file created from scratch (AppID in particular defaulting to Amber by 311 in Configuration, whereas the Toolkit still defaults to Cherub Rock with a new project), so is it mostly visual or?

Thanks for your time,

(also i love the ability to bypass Wwise entirely so i just thought i'd say thanks for that as well)

I've always got the multitracks.

• Developer

Guys thanks for your patience.  @@Alex360 and I are trying to make some upgrades to the toolkit as you figured out by the number of bugs you are finding.  Please hang in there, we promise it will get better and we think you will like the new features.  Like on the fly modification of song information right from the toolkit without having to re author in EOF.  Like converting your RS2012 CDLC to RS2014 CDLC automatically.  Like automatically converting wav/ogg audio files directly to wem audio from the toolkit without even having to open the Wwise GUI. And other new upgraded features.

If you are working on critical charting project then I might suggest that you continue to use the latest official release of the toolkit.  If you are willing to test drive the toolkit beta releases and give us feedback, it would be appreciated.

The error that is discussed in this thread should have been corrected in the latest beta release if you would like to test it.  convert2012 CLI now has 99% sucessful conversion ratio. RS2012 CDLC's that can not be auto converted may still be able to be converted using the GUI. Converted RS2012 tones may/should be modified with the GUI. Fixed Template Save feature. Fixed XML Comment preserver. Fix Config save feature.  Fix Tone Not Found error.

Thanks for your patience and helping us make the toolkit better.

Cozy1

Feel free to PM feedback if you would like.

• Like 2

Tried new toolkit 838c30c3cb

Setup correct path to Wwise in config.

Populated all fields.

On save or generate I get "Please use WwiseCLI.exe to generate banks from the command line."

Then

http://images.ukcs.net/13647/New_Toolkit_Fault.JPG

Can't see any evidence of extended tone class to accomodate alternate amp skins, so I'm not too fussed.  Thought I would report anyway.

Thanks for the great work :D

I presume its just the way I have Wwise installed, its not a defualt installation by any means.

The toolkit worked when I fed it hand made .wems

With 838c30c3cb i also cant save the template, i get a Wwise exception. It was working fine with older builds.

The exceptions seems to be different

http://s3.postimg.org/ic8dvks5f/error.jpg

Edit: it works fine now, i had to enter the path of the WwiseCLI.exe, after that wem files converted fine. Its strange that in older builds i never entered the path but it was still working.

• Developer

Thanks for the feedback. 

For the latest toolkit build the user has to enter path to WwiseCLI.exe in the toolkit configuration menu.  This was done at a user's suggestion, for users who do not have Wwise installed in the default path.  Setting the path to WwiseCLI.exe also makes loading the wem converter script much faster.  Please make sure you have specified the path to WwiseCLI.exe build 4828 in the configuration menu.

Please let me know if it is still not working and I will fix it.

EDIT:  Based on the error messages that are posted here the problem may be that users do not have Wwise Build 4828 installed.  This error message is typical of newer builds of Wwise.  Please check, confirm and report back.  Thanks

Based on the error messages that are posted here the problem may be that users do not have Wwise Build 4828 installed.  This error message is typical of newer builds of Wwise.  Please check, confirm and report back.  Thanks

Wwise Build 4828 doesn't appear to be available anymore.  The oldest one listed for download is 4856.

@@KJParsley It works with 4865 which is available, i haven't tried with the other version available.

I had read that in someone's post earlier in the thread, so I downloaded it and replaced the Wwise2014 build I had installed originally.  However, yesterday Cozy1 said it needs to be build 4828 to work reliably?  Just trying to figure out what I should have installed to make things work right!

@@Alex360

@@cozy1

The tuning Editor does have an annoying bug where the strings get changed.

For example:

I added in my new project as first the guitar lead arr. The Tuning is B Standard, the Tuning Editor Pops up with all strings set to -5, i enter as a name B Standard and its in the tuning list.

Now i add the second Rhythm guitar arr and the Tuning Editor pops up again, now i select the X to close the Tuning Editor because the tuning is already in the tuning list. To double check it i click on ... and open up the tuning of that last added Rhythm guitar arr and i see that the strings are fucked up.

String 0 = -5

String 1 = -5

String 2 = -5

String 3 = -5

String 4 = 0

String 5 = 0

The last 2 Strings are set at 0 and thats wrong.

btw. @@Alex360

i have noticed that the Wwise Audio Quality setting does not get stored or loaded correctly. I usually use 5 but i have noticed it a few times that 4 is loaded. If i save and load the project with the same toolkit instance the 5 is loaded fine but if i close the toolkit and start it again after i load the project xml 4 is loaded.

Is the quality setting supposed to be stored in the template/project xml file?

• Developer

@MadMax  Turns out B Standard is not so standard ;)   It needs to be added to the tuning database first.  Here's is how to do it and work around for now till it can be fixed properly.

1.  From the Creator GUI, Add a new fake arrangement, open the Tuning Editor,  add B Standard tuning (-5, -5, -5, -5, -5, -5),  make sure you check box "Add as new Tuning", click OK.  Gracefully, close out of the toolkit so that toolkit saves the new tuning to the tuning database.

2.  Reopen the toolkit and add your lead arrangement in B Standard.  DO NOT open the tuning editor while in "Add Arrangement" mode.  Close "Add Arrangment" so that you are back at the main Creator GUI.  Now click "Edit" and go into "Edit Arrangement" mode.  Now you can open the "Tuning Editor" and will see the proper tuning.  So the trick (work around) here is to make sure you are in "Edit Arrangement" mode when subsequently using the Tuning Editor to check the tuning.

Arrangements will not revert to bass tuning if you follow this method.

• Developer

Audio quality setting is not store.  You have to select it each time if you want something different than the default.  The default of 4 is actually quite good ~ 128 to 192 vbr kbps.

So the trick (work around) here is to make sure you are in "Edit Arrangement" mode when subsequently using the Tuning Editor to check the tuning.

Arrangements will not revert to bass tuning if you follow this method.

yeah i tried what you said and indeed if i dont open the Tuning Editor while i add the arrangement everything is fine after i double check the tuning in edit mode.

Thanks for the feedback. 

For the latest toolkit build the user has to enter path to WwiseCLI.exe in the toolkit configuration menu.  This was done at a user's suggestion, for users who do not have Wwise installed in the default path.  Setting the path to WwiseCLI.exe also makes loading the wem converter script much faster.  Please make sure you have specified the path to WwiseCLI.exe build 4828 in the configuration menu.

Please let me know if it is still not working and I will fix it.

EDIT:  Based on the error messages that are posted here the problem may be that users do not have Wwise Build 4828 installed.  This error message is typical of newer builds of Wwise.  Please check, confirm and report back.  Thanks

Ah now its clear thanks, than if the path to the WwiseCLI.exe was not entered just catch the exception and throw a messagebox stating that the path should be entered. That way the user knows what went wrong. A message like "The patch to WwiseCLI.exe is missing, please enter it in Configuration".

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy