Rocksmith Custom Song Toolkit (toolkit) Q&A

• Developer

@Azreal,  et.al.: 

New Wwise auto convert feature looks for WwiseCLI.exe.  So you can not have two versions installed.  Have heard that Win32 version works best, so suggest renaming x64 version so converter does not find it.  Be aware that Audio quality 9 produces twice as big a WEM file as quality 4.  Most DLC are in 128 to 164 kbps range, so recommend stick with quality 4 unless you are an audiophile.

Forgot to say that Wwise auto convert will accept WAV or OGG files and automatically produce WEM and preview WEM.  If you don't like the preview WEM produced by toolkit, you can always provide your own and toolkit will use whatever you have provided instead.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

Here is tutorial for the new RS2012 --> RS2014 conversion feature. Really pretty easy ...

1) Use unpacker, select "RS2012", check "Decode Audio", click "Unpack", select RS1 CDLC *.dat file and unpack,

2) In Creator select "Convert" radio button, click Arrangements "Add" button. 
"Add Arrangment" popup window opens, click "Browse".  Open the folder that contains the contents of the unpacked RS1 CDLC file.  Open folder path "GR/Behaviors/Songs" and select the RS1 Song XML file.  In "Add Arrangments" click "OK" .. popup closes.  Add other RS1 arrangements from the CDLC as desired.

3) In Creator "Files" select album art browse button.  Open the folder that contains the contents of the unpacked RS1 CDLC file.  Open folder path "GRAssets/AlbumArt" and select the RS1 album artwork *.dds file.

4) In Creator "Files" select audio browse button.  Open the folder that contains the contents of the unpacked RS1 CDLC file.  Open folder path "Audio/Windows" and select the RS1 audio *_fixed.ogg file.  Important make sure to select the *_fixed.ogg audio file.

5) In Creator make any other changes need e.g. add the album, artist names.  After all changes are made click "Generate".  Wait for completion prompt.

6) Load the new RS2014 CDLC conversion into the game dlc/cdlc folder.

Have fun!

EDIT and FOLLOWUP:  You can still use the above procedure to convert RS1 to RS2 CDLC if you like, or you can just use the new feature that has been added to the toolkit under the Creator tab.  Just look for the NEW radio button that says, "Convert".  The Creator will completely automate the process.  The user still has full control over RS1 to RS2 conversions, naming, tones, arrangements, ... everything asked for.

• Like 3

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

Do you really want to automate the whole process?  The way it is allows users to selectively choose arrangements, tones, etc.  Think that is best.   Complete automation = no choices.

• Developer

How will the 2012 to 2014 conversion deal with custom tones? They will still have to be created for use in 2014 right?

Yes.  Custom tones will have to be created.  Otherwise Default tone is used.

• Developer

Complete automation = noob choices

You guys are demons, well done :D

Well said!  I like it.

• Developer

@@cozy1, we could extend import package feature for rs1 too ;)

this will negate 1,2,3,4 steps :lol:

Now I get.  You are demon master.  Good idea.  I like it.  Just so you know I had that idea days ago.

Would it be a good idea to have sometihng like the "add metronome arrangement as bonus arrangement" function, but for DD? So, a "add DD as bonus arrangement" function when adding an arrangement? I hate DD and I don't include it because it's just an extra step, but if that step is just enabling that function, I can see myself using it.

@@SmellyOrc, I don't think we should go that way, I like how it goes no, when you can install DD or NDD arranged CDLC, what I could add is smth like Generate DD automatically like checkbox for a Creator tab, you just tick it and it generate NDD\DD psarc's in same folder you choose, what do you think?

First off, can't say enough how much I appreciate all of the effort you've put into this.  I love the toolkit!

I decided to test the wem conversion straight from the toolkit, but I'm getting  "could not find WwiseCLI.exe or Audiokinetic directory" exception.  I have renamed the 64 bit file to see if that would work, but it didn't.

I assume it's probably something I'm doing wrong on my end, but I figured I would let you know anyway. 

I've included a shot of the error box that comes up before the toolkit crashes:

http://i.imgur.com/dqo8Anp.jpg

Thanks again for everything!

• Developer

@@sasmallen

Do you have Wwise 2013 v2013.2.2 or later installed?   Audiokinect Wwise needs to be installed for tool to work.  If you have it installed then do a Windows search for WwiseCLI.exe file.  Did you find it?  If not then reinstall Wwise.  Recommend installing x86 32-bit version.

@@sasmallen

Do you have Wwise 2013 v2013.2.2 or later installed?   Audiokinect Wwise needs to be installed for tool to work.  If you have it installed then do a Windows search for WwiseCLI.exe file.  Did you find it?  If not then reinstall Wwise.  Recommend installing x86 32-bit version.

I have Audiokinetic Wwise v2013.2.4 build 4836 installed. 

I'm going to try uninstalling that version and installing latest 32 bit version only (214.1.3)

• Developer

Well that answered the first question.  What about the other?

• Developer

Before reinstall make sure you physically delete the Audiokinect Wwise folders and contents after uninstall.  Also physically delete any "WwiseProjects" that are in your "My Documents" before doing the full fresh reinstall.  You may have a buiild conflict between GUI and CLI.

Right click on Wwise.exe, Version, Build Number must be the same as WwiseCLI.exe, Version, Building Number.

Can you run Wwise GUI after reinstall?  Can you run Wwise CLI after reinstall (pops up DOS Command Window then closes)?

Before reinstall make sure you physically delete the Audiokinect Wwise folders and contents after uninstall.  Also physically delete any "WwiseProjects" that are in your "My Documents" before doing the full fresh reinstall.  You may have a buiild conflict between GUI and CLI.

Right click on Wwise.exe, Version, Build Number must be the same as WwiseCLI.exe, Version, Building Number.

Can you run Wwise GUI after reinstall?  Can you run Wwise CLI after reinstall (pops up DOS Command Window then closes)?

Wwise.exe is listed the same as WwiseCLI.exe (2014.1.3.5219).

Able to run CLI (DOS window).  Wwise GUI runs fine.  I even tested it by converting a couple of files, then using those files to create a CDLC with no problems.  Then I attempted to use the .wav file to let CGT produce wem files...it gave me the same error message.

• Developer

Sorry I guess tool doesn't work with the new version of Wwise.  Will fix in next release.  Thanks for testing. 

For now, see if you can find Wwise v2013.2.2 build 4828 which the tool is known to work with.

EDIT:  Several users have reported success using the Wwise auto converter with any of the build series in Audiokinect Wwise v2013.2.x build 48xx

• Like 1

Sorry I guess tool doesn't work with the new version of Wwise.  See if you can find Wwise v2013.2.2 build 4828 which the tool is known to work with.

Thanks anyway, will do. 

I don't suppose there is any way for each user to individually point the CGT to the Wwise installation folder, or the WwiseCLI.exe file in the bin folder on each users computer?

Again, thanks for trying.

• Developer

How will the 2012 to 2014 conversion deal with custom tones? They will still have to be created for use in 2014 right?

Yes.  Custom tones will have to be created.  Otherwise Default tone is used.

Not anymore.  I included automatic tone conversion in the new release and tones are fully editable.

• Like 1

i'm having trouble with the new WWise conversion, its saying "Could not find Wwise template", and a ton of error data... i can post that if you like, but i wasnt sure if this was the best place for it.

in general, on that topic: i LOVE that you've added that feature! converting in WWise was such an annoyance. however - i would love a workflow that involved a separate conversion. much like the DDC on a separate tab, i'd prefer the option to just hit a button and do the .wem conversion, and then point to that resulting file, rather than having it included as part of the build when i hit 'generate'. just a suggestion.

thanx a ton for all your work on this, its a great tool. keep it up!

... oh and come do a panel at magfest next year. =]

i LOVE that you've added that feature! converting in WWise was such an annoyance. however - i would love a workflow that involved a separate conversion. much like the DDC on a separate tab, i'd prefer the option to just hit a button and do the .wem conversion, and then point to that resulting file, rather than having it included as part of the build when i hit 'generate'. just a suggestion.

+1

Took the words out of my mouth, a separate tab for .wem conversion would be sweeeeeeet :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy