how do you spend time in rocksmith ?

renar

Question

Ok i started playing 6,7 months ago, just using rocksmith, justin guitar and some random youtube video to learn basic stuff. I plan on start taking lessons at the end of the summer but right now i feel rocksmith doesen't cut it anymore but i feel maybe i could spend my time better. So.. I wanted to ask you how do you spend your time on rocksmith, i play 2 hours a day more or less, and i divide my time something like 

20 minutes session mode

20 minutes exercises

40 minutes playing songs i already know just for fun

the rest i try to learn new songs

what about you guys ?

6 answers to this question

I am like you a newbie at guitar. I am 45 so learning is a bit of a challenge to get my fingeres where I want them. Usually in the evening when I get home I play on PS3 RS2014 for about an hour and a half. Its usually on the songs I have been playing and trying to bring them up in percentage points. Once in a blue moon I will get into Session Mode.

Later in the evening after supper and usually watching TV, I will run scales, play parts of the songs I have learned, you tube something to piddle with.

A couple of weeks ago I downloaded RS for my laptop. I have been playing a few songs on that too.

I probably should look into taking lessons also.

Currently I spend most of my time playing songs I don't like by bands I don't like.

I know that sounds perverse but I have reached the point where to develop I need to leave my comfort zone. So if there is a technique I want to master I go for it regardless of personal taste.

I am like you a newbie at guitar. I am 45 so learning is a bit of a challenge to get my fingeres where I want them. Usually in the evening when I get home I play on PS3 RS2014 for about an hour and a half. Its usually on the songs I have been playing and trying to bring them up in percentage points. Once in a blue moon I will get into Session Mode.

Later in the evening after supper and usually watching TV, I will run scales, play parts of the songs I have learned, you tube something to piddle with.

A couple of weeks ago I downloaded RS for my laptop. I have been playing a few songs on that too.

I probably should look into taking lessons also.

45 as well.   I do about an hour during the week, then 1-1/2 sometimes 2 on Friday & Sat.   Been at it for 6 months.   Best XMas present I got myself. 

• Like 1