What kind of tutorials would you like to see added?

SmellyOrc

Question

Got some time to waste, got bored, and noticed that there were still some sub-par CDLCs being released. I've already noticed that a lot of songs have incorrect chord sustains (usually this concerns repeated chords that are seperated by a rest, but are not drawn that way in RS2014), some are lacking sections, some have their guitar volume too soft. Easy to fix, if you only know how ;)

Now I would like to ask the audience: what's your sticking point? What don't you understand? What do you think could be improved in your CDLcs, but don't know how?  Could be anything from stuff in EoF to wwise or the toolkit.

Go!

@@SmellyOrc Very nice tutorial. I actually learned some of that after i asked you for the tutorial by looking around the forums but there was still good info in your tutorial that I hadn't found already. Particularly the "what not to do" section.

Other ideas for tutorials:

1) How to make a lead track from a copy of the rhythm track so that way the lead track has stuff to play when you aren't at the solo sections.

2) How to handle songs with lots of tempo changes. Do you have some method you use to determine the BPM for each section?

1) Just go to the other arrangement, select the notes you want to copy over (Select the first note, hold shift and then select the last note), press ctrl + c, go back to the lead arrangement. Then scroll back to the place where you want to put the notes. Use page up/down to snap to the next/previous beat marker (this makes sure that every note is copied to the exact same place as in the other arrangement), and press ctrl + v. Simple.

2) No special method. It's the same as figuring out the BPM of a song if it does not have any BPM changes. Trial and error.

I'm working on some leads for a custom and when I imported them I noticed that the 24th fret notes show up as 0. If I try to manually change it to 24 again it shows an X. What gives?

Update: I figured it out. Track -> Pro Guitar -> Set number of frets/string -> 24

Also, is there some way to increase the BPM of say the lead track while keeping a different tempo for that section in the rhythm track? The reason I ask is because I'm working on a solo part that seems to speed up in one section. If I increase the tempo, the solo fits perfectly but then the rhythm track goes too fast in that section.

A flowchart for the whole creation process would be awesome.

I Know everybody has their own order to do things, but I'd love a succinct list (maybe based on http://rocksmithcustoms.wikispaces.com, or something, but able to sum things up at a glance)

I'd just like a doc/pdf I could have open on screen as a reminder of what not to miss.

ie:

1. rip .mp3

2. find matching guitarpro file

3. find cover art

10. open eof -> import  audio -> import guitarpro file -> add leading silence -> sync beats, -> snap grid... (or, add silence, import guitarpro, snap grid, then sync, etc)

11. ...

My example in point "10" is just that if steps that must occur in a certain sequence could be highlighted, it would cut down on frustration and excess reworking of projects. For me at least.

Also, having optional steps defined as optional would help. 

I'd be willing to collaborate on something like this if there's any takers.

• Like 1

md_sig-e1431714006358.jpg

I play bass. In a lot of custom songs the notes are placed wrong. They are correct, but placed on the wrong string. They are not easy to play. In would like to know how to open a custom song and be able to move notes. 

--------------                                           ---------------

--------------                                           --------8-7---

--7-5-3-2-- it would be easier to play   --7-5---------

--------------                                           ---------------

It is too complicated ? :D

KoKozula was here ...