What kind of tutorials would you like to see added?

SmellyOrc

Question

Got some time to waste, got bored, and noticed that there were still some sub-par CDLCs being released. I've already noticed that a lot of songs have incorrect chord sustains (usually this concerns repeated chords that are seperated by a rest, but are not drawn that way in RS2014), some are lacking sections, some have their guitar volume too soft. Easy to fix, if you only know how ;)

Now I would like to ask the audience: what's your sticking point? What don't you understand? What do you think could be improved in your CDLcs, but don't know how?  Could be anything from stuff in EoF to wwise or the toolkit.

Go!

To save me from repeating myself so often, I would love to see a separate, fully detailed Mac tut on how to use/convert cDLC's.  Something separate from the main "how to" tutorial already posted, and one that has more details than just "download RSInjector".  

I would gladly write it as well.

I've often wondered if there were a simpler way to create a tone or rules of thumb that would eliminate the need to try every single permutation of hardware combination and sliding every single setting slider until something suitable is conjured up. Perhaps no such tutorial can exist...

Perhaps we need to just develope a Shazam-like app that listens to the song and proposed settings in RS .... :)

• Like 2

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

the 3 i have just written recently have the DD left out of them. to get to the point of understanding how to make a working cdlc ive had to look through separate tuts to piece it all together. i would like to update the 3 i have so they are not sub-par, but its a bit difficult to fix what i cant see or dont notice other than the DD and the lyrics/vocals.

edit - nm, im a goof or something, figured out the DD.

the 3 i have just written recently have the DD left out of them. to get to the point of understanding how to make a working cdlc ive had to look through separate tuts to piece it all together. i would like to update the 3 i have so they are not sub-par, but its a bit difficult to fix what i cant see or dont notice other than the DD and the lyrics/vocals.

edit - nm, im a goof or something, figured out the DD.

I'll have a look at the customs you've made and see what can be done to better them.

So... that's it? Some mac thingy and some custom tone thingy?

Hi,

Right now my issue is with the volume : the song's volume is too low and the bass volume is too low as well. I understand that I should use the RS Toolkit to fix these and I tried to, but my 'Edit Tone' has a problem : after I open it and raise the bass volume higher, I click ok but nothing happens...the window just stays opened and I can't go back to the Toolkit main window, unless I click the cross in the Edit Tone window, but then nothing is saved and the bass volume just remains too low. Any idea of what the problem could be? Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!

(Click me)

** See my releases and WIP here **

Pink Floyd DLC list

Queen DLC list

The Beatles DLC list

im trying to learn easier ways of syncing the tabs with mp3's before they hit eof. currently im using tuxguitar and go play along. every effort ive had to try to sync the mp3 to the tab, loaded together in go playalong, has ended up being off by 1 or 2 beats. i can adjust full measures in tux guitar, but dont fully understand how the audio syncs with the tab in go play along. it always seems to be 1 or 2 beats off. if i can learn or master that end of it, eof would be so much simpler to throw everything together. anyone have experience with this process that can point out what im supposed to do here without totally re-writing the gp file?

im trying to learn easier ways of syncing the tabs with mp3's before they hit eof. currently im using tuxguitar and go play along. every effort ive had to try to sync the mp3 to the tab, loaded together in go playalong, has ended up being off by 1 or 2 beats. i can adjust full measures in tux guitar, but dont fully understand how the audio syncs with the tab in go play along. it always seems to be 1 or 2 beats off. if i can learn or master that end of it, eof would be so much simpler to throw everything together. anyone have experience with this process that can point out what im supposed to do here without totally re-writing the gp file?

I don't use Go play along, so I can't help you there.

Anyway, I'll start working on one or more tutorials tomorrow.

I don't use Go play along, so I can't help you there.

Anyway, I'll start working on one or more tutorials tomorrow.

I use GPA. You have to put links to sync the GP Tab with the MP3 file. You got the wavefrom under the tab, so you have to listen and put the links in the right spot. And there you check if is a little bit out of sync, or if it's right. You do this until you got everything done and you think all is synced 

9A7alLl.jpg

I use GPA. You have to put links to sync the GP Tab with the MP3 file. You got the wavefrom under the tab, so you have to listen and put the links in the right spot. And there you check if is a little bit out of sync, or if it's right. You do this until you got everything done and you think all is synced 

The project i was trying to sync up needs massive re-editing in eof the more i listen to it. the tab lacks the bends and slides that i need, so i will have to just about completely redone. (im kinda being a perfectionist on this track...) i was not really aware that Stratovarius - 4000 rainy nights had so many intricate techs in it. i do intend to use GPA in the future for easier tracks. i gotta thank Berneer for that bend/slide tut, its coming in handy!

• Administrator

I was actually thinking about recording the whole process but most of the time i don't do it in one shot once i get past the syncing part to go to the testing and adjustement part and i finish with tone and that can take a lot of session sometimes so it's kind of hard to keep a record of the whole creating from A to Z.

We don't have tutorials about convertion from a plateform to another (it's easy but it has been ask a lot already), nothing about how to place section and tone switch in EOF. I think we could use a good complement on the tech note tutorial about bend (especially unison bend) and slides (which one aren't correctly imported and how to correct it quickly).

Tone tutorial isn't really possible i already offer my help for all magna charter that want to see how i create one but one tone is always different and there's no sure things about what you should absolutely use or not and it can vary a lot between each songs and even the guitar/bass uses to create it and there's a lot of personal preference in it too which make it almost impossible to do a tutorial about it, it's only about try&test.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

You could record your next CDLC from start to finish. I would be happy to edit down the results and caption them etc. It would be good to actually see someone moving the beat marker etc.

Edit: Open offer to anyone that makes CDLC.

Not a bad idea, but I'm afraid a video would have so much "dead air" that it's going to get boring, people skip stuff, and potentially skip stuff that they need to know. Maybe by defining "chapters" in the description it could be sectioned off into pieces like syncing, vocals, section making, etc.

How about quick and easy how to fix stuck after tune and song not showing up. Tired of talking people through app id change and or repack.

• Like 2

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

How about quick and easy how to fix stuck after tune and song not showing up. Tired of talking people through app id change and or repack.

I think you mean the "old" ones that were created that didn't have the fixed toolkit yet? Roger that. And the song not showing up, isn't that covered by the basic "how to use CDLC" tutorial?

Sort of. I don't know that any of those issues are covered in that tutorial. It just says what files go where. Not how to update app id and or repack. Some Green Day song I had required repack. I had to do it twice, but it did work. In the comments, doesn't work doesn't work. I'm yet to have one I couldn't make work.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

CAN i hâve a simple step by step procedure to convert my rs2012 cldc for rs2014 for xbox 360??

I am French so a very clear and simple one please or one in French. I struggled for months with no success. I even poster a thread to ask for help or to ask anyone to help converting them for me.... Ease send me a pm if you do one

• Like 1

Maybe someone made this one already, but a tutorial on how to properly create Rocksmith sections (for purposes of using them in Riff Repeater) would be nice. Are you supposed to left click on the first note in the section, then shift+left click on the last note in the section and THEN set it as a section. Or is there some other easier way of doing this?

@@SmellyOrc Very nice tutorial. I actually learned some of that after i asked you for the tutorial by looking around the forums but there was still good info in your tutorial that I hadn't found already. Particularly the "what not to do" section.

Other ideas for tutorials:

1) How to make a lead track from a copy of the rhythm track so that way the lead track has stuff to play when you aren't at the solo sections.

2) How to handle songs with lots of tempo changes. Do you have some method you use to determine the BPM for each section?