The Premiership 2014-2015 Thread

snowdog

2-1 to United at halftime and they deserve to go in ahead. The difference between Van Gaal's United and Moyes' United is just about as much night and day as you can get.

Our fast-paced attacking and counter attacking football is back, our passing movement is back (and the triangles are a little different due to the different formation), our accurate diagonal balls from the center of midfield to either flank is back and we're not only keeping possession better but we're also regaining it pretty quickly once it's lost and we're looking pretty solid at the back too.

I'm trying my best not to get too excited because it's just pre-season but I reckon we've got a good shot at winning the Premiership next season. And that's before we sign anyone else!

Another great performance, albeit against a weakened Real Madras side. So it's United against either the dodgy red scouse gits ( :P ) or the Bitter Blues ( :P ).

I REALLY like some of the football we've been playing since Van Gaal has taken over.  B)

Edit: Ah, didn't realise it was confirmed as the red scouse gits earlier!

Hi guys,

Ive joined the fantasy league. Looks like there is only the 2 of us there so far. Hopefully a few more of you guys will join. Maybe if we could get a forum announcement?

Liverpool fan here. Looking forward to winning this "friendly" final tonight

A pretty poor first half this morning but had the best of play in the second half. 3-1 to United was the final score, goals from Gerrard (pen), Rooney, Mata and Lingard.

I think the main problems for us was that Evans and Fletch were knackered, we played much better when Blackett and Cleverley came on to replace them.

Could have been a draw if Lambert wasn't useless lol  :P  :lol:  :P

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd give this thread a *bump* cos it's all kicking off (I love puns lol) tomorrow.

United have got Swansea at Old Trafford tomorrow, should win it I think. Plenty of injuries so we'll probably see the following lineup:

De Gea

Jones Smalling Blackett

Young Fletcher Herrera James

Mata

Roonster Hernandez

Am quite happy to have both Blackett and James covering for Evans and Shaw because they've deserved to see first team action at some point this season anyway based on their pre-season performances. And Young is probably a better bet to have than Valencia at right wing-back too even if Valencia was fit, again based on pre-season performances.

Rafael is training again but I reckon Young will start ahead of him because he's had more training and match time with the new system even if he is fit to play.

Kick off is at 12:45, can't wait for the season to start!!!  :D  B)  :D

Apparently we've had a bid of £24m for Benatia accepted according to latest rumours. Definitely need some more cover at the back. Can't see us signing Benatia, Blind and Rojo though.

Think Van Persil will be playing next week, at least that's what Van Gaal hinted at earlier on today.

All we need to do is play the way we played our first few pre-season matches. Get that pace and movement back, get that pressing back and have our wing-backs stretch play again. Our last two home matches against Valencia and Swansea we've been too cautious. We need to attack sides again, like we did in the US.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we've had a bit of a disastrous start so far lol. Getting beat by the Swans, drawing with the Mackems and last night we got HAMMERED by MK Dons 4-0 and knocked out of the League Cup.  :wacko:

I've seen various United fans on forums slagging off the system saying that playing 3-4-3 doesn't work in the Premiership but they need to be patient. The main problem is that by changing this system Van Gaal has changed our passing movement, that's why our passes keep going astray. All we need to do is have patience. As Van Gaal has said numerous times it's going to take time.

I'm very confident that in as little time as a few weeks our performances are going to vastly improve, I'm not worried.  B)

What's going on with United ? Bring Moyes back.

That must have been hard to watch the game against MK.

Every year it's the same, since the transfert isn't over, we don't really know the quality of each team. 

Kind of a blur period.

The good thing for united is they will not buy Balotelli

He's still the same.

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/696678PHObe03a13e2deb11e4bdb413afe5f9fbde805x453.jpg

Yup, Liverpool are going to regret that signing.

Latest rumours are that United are going to be signing Blind and Vidal next. If that happens then we could be looking at the following first choice lineup for United:

De Gea

Jones Blind Rojo

Di Maria Vidal Herrera Shaw

Mata

Rooney Van Persil

Blind offering cover for Rojo, Shaw and Vidal. Rojo cover for Blind and Shaw. Di Maria offering cover for Shaw, Herrera and Mata. Herrera offering cover for Vidal and Mata.

Not bad I reckon.

Team selection for United today:

De Gea

Jones Evans Blackett

Valencia Fletcher Di Maria Young

Mata

Roonster Van Persil

I reckon when Herrera is fit we'll see Di Maria playing as a left wing back, when Shaw is fit we'll see him playing as a right wing back.

0-0 final score. Not a bad performance, Burnley away has always been a tough fixture for United being a local derby. Di Maria had a pretty good game but took a knock and was taken off as a precaution. The Roonster had a bad game for once and Van Persil isn't quite fit yet. Watching MUTV I can see a few people getting frustrated but a great deal of people don't understand that Van Gaal has made fundamental changes to United's formation, tactics and passing movement and that it's going to take time for the players to get used to things.

Watched the game today.  I understand that there needs to be time for changes but they looked pretty bad against a team that will probably be relegated.  Rooney & RVP looked lost out there?  No excuse for them to not score at least one goal with those players.

Well the Roonster had a bad game for once, and I don't think Van Persil is 100% fit. These things happen in local derbies though. We've only won a third of our games at Turf Moor. Plenty of positives to take from the match though - our passing has improved, as has our build up play. We kept a clean sheet too.

Well that's the transfer window done and dusted. Happy with United's transfer dealings this Summer:

IN

Shaw

Herrera

Rojo

Timothy Mensah

A 17 year old Serbian keeper who's name I've forgotten

Blind

Di Maria

Falcao (year loan with option to buy)

OUT

Michael Keane (loan)

Nick Powell (loan)

Hernandez (loan with option to buy)

Lawrence

Welbeck

No Vidal, so it's looking like Van Gaal is happy with Blind playing in the position he earned his Netherlands Player Of The Year award for until we sign, or attempt to sign, Strootman in January.

Once everyone is fit I can see Van Gaal having the following first choice lineup:

De Gea

Jones Smalling Rojo

Di Maria Blind Herrera Shaw

Mata

Roonster Falcao

I still think we could have done with another central defender but there weren't that many quality central defenders available to buy. Could be that a bid in January for Hummels is on the cards.

Once those players above get used to the new formation, new tactics and most importantly the new passing movement that side above could be capable of winning the Premiership this season, assuming that we don't drop too many more points during the next month or two.

#COYG #FOYS

I think that describes me the most. 

Thanks for Danny btw. :P

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !"