The Premiership 2014-2015 Thread

snowdog

After my World Cup thread I started you may have guessed that I love my footy! The new season starts next month and I can't wait!!!

Who do you guys support..?

I'm a United supporter, and in my defence I was supporting them in the 70s and 80s when we were shite so am no glory hunter lol  :lol:

Am glad that we got rid of Moyes, I (like many United fans!) was giving him the benefit of the doubt for so long but it was clear that he was not only tactically inept but that he stopped United playing our usual fast-paced, positive, attacking and counter attacking football and had to go.

Now Van Gaal is here and we're back to playing our usual positive football again, albeit with a different formation - playing 3-4-3 instead of our usual 4-4-2.

I've seen our first two pre-season friendlies against LA Galaxy (won 7 - 0, goals from the Roonster (2), Welbeck, James (2) and Young (2)) and Roma (won 3 - 2, goals from the Roonster (2) and Mata) and have been impressed so far.

We've already signed Herrera and Shaw who have both looked good during pre-season so far and I reckon we'll sign another 3 or 4 players before the transfer window closes - Vidal, Di Maria, Blind and Vermaelen.

Am also hoping that he's going to give some of our yoof players a chance at first team action too. Reece James especially is looking fantastic.  :D

Big football fan here from the US. I follow all of the big leagues.  I'm looking to join some fantasy leagues if you can recommend any? Van gaal looks impressive so far.  I'm rooting for Chelsea because of Mourinho.  My favorite team will be PSG if they get Di Maria.  Zlatan is a beast. 

Big football fan here from the US. I follow all of the big leagues.  I'm looking to join some fantasy leagues if you can recommend any? Van gaal looks impressive so far.  I'm rooting for Chelsea because of Mourinho.  My favorite team will be PSG if they get Di Maria.  Zlatan is a beast. 

Ive used this site in the past for fantasy leagues...

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

could be worth setting up a customs forge league and posting the confirmation code / link here for others to join

I'm from France so no preference here. I must admit i would have loved to see Liverpool win the title last year. So fun to watch.

I thought Moyes was doing a great job at Everton, but without him they finished 5th so...

The title is for man united this year, new coach, no european cup, Evra Vidic Ferdinand out. Easy.

I'm a United supporter

Location Tottenham.

Check. ;)

Yup, and I'm originally from Kent lol.

But like I said I've been supporting United since I was 5 years old in 1976 so my time at school was a bloomin nightmare with mainly Liverpool supporters springing out of the woodwork the way United supporters have been since the 90s lol.

Glad that my loyalty has been rewarded with success though!

I can see Van Gaal continuing our impressive record of United not going longer than one season without a trophy since 1990 next season. Either the Premiership or one of the Domestic Cups.

Next United pre-season match is up tonight, Inter Milan. Will be weird seeing Vidic not wearing a United shirt though!  :blink:

But like I said I've been supporting United since I was 5 years old in 1976 so my time at school was a bloomin nightmare with mainly Liverpool supporters springing out of the woodwork the way United supporters have been since the 90s lol.

And they're still springing out of the woodwork... :ph34r:

I was only pulling your leg, but then I'd have to be, supporting Liverpool, living in Wigan, originally from Wales. lol

OK, now that this is setup I'm going to try and get some discussion going.  The way I understand it is the "Brits" are the experts on football and us "Yanks" are way behind re Soccer (notice I said Soccer and not Football).  I've only started watching the EPL since last year but feel I have a good sense of what to look for for fantasy purposes. I've played fanatsy sports for a number of years in other sports and think I can do ok vs. the "Experts" who join.

C'mon let's get some trash talk going on this!!!

I'm really liking the way that United have been playing since Van Gaal took over. We played Inter last night, it ended 0-0 and we won on penalties. Our passing movement is back, we're playing with plenty of width again, we're retaining possession again and once we've lost possession we're pressing well and tend to get the ball back quickly for the most part.

We're looking pretty solid at the back again despite changing our back three regularly and are keeping our opponent's chances to a bare minimum, and most of those chances are from outside the goal area.

Real Madras next on Saturday, I quite like the way these fixtures have been arranged...they've been getting progressively more difficult as our US tour hasggone along - LA Galaxy < Roma < Inter < Real Madras.

The Real Madrid Man u game is going to be in Michigan where they are expecting close to 109,000 people.  They sold out the game in 24 hours.  Ronaldo is supposed to play in this game as well.  The winner will advance to the finals probably to play Man City. 

Can't wait, going to be interesting to see what Van Gaal does with regards to tactics tomorrow. If he wants to continue getting the players used to playing 3-4-3 then he'll carry on with it, but if he wants to pretty much guarantee winning the game he should play 4-5-1 and have Jones in midfield man-marking Ronnie the way Fergie did years ago.

I only watched the first half of Man U - Inter and damn the Italians didn't touch a ball. 

The italian league is the last to begin, we can see they are not fit at all.

Tonight Liverpool-City, i'm sure Snowdog you will watch these teams.

Tomorrow gonna be fun too.

Blimey, totally missed that! Am guessing that Ronnie didn't play..? So if Roma beat Inter and we win or draw then we go through, but if we get beat and Roma win then they'll go through. Unless we get knocked out on goal difference..?

Edit: Whoops! Forgot about that daft penalties thing, it's 1 point for a penalty defeat, not a draw!

A good second half, both teams looking dodgy at the back though. Penalties it is!

Blimey, looks like City need to practice their penalties lol. 2 points for Liverpool, 1 point for City.

I've been a Liverpool supporter all my life.  Born and raised in Liverpool, football was a way of life when I was a kid.  I've been fortunate enough to stand on the kop watching the likes of Highway, Keegan, Dalglish, Barnes, Rush and many more greats.  One of the best games ever been to was Liverpool v St Etienne in 77

Just watching MUTV waiting for the Real Madras match to start and they had an advert featuring a clip from Giggsy's first press conference when he took over as manager last season where he jokes about him having just given himself a new 5 year contract. Still makes me laugh out loud when I see it lmfao  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: