Problem with customs not being in sections but one long one

Kasnitch

Question

I'm encountering some customs of bands and songs I really want to learn, but for some reason the creators are making them one long piece....

I'm getting better at guitar, but I don't know anyone who can learn a song, even slowed down by using RR, in one sitting.

For instance there are two nicely charted , with good tones, Journey songs that I've wanted to learn for decades. Stone in Love, and Anyway You Want It. 

Unlike most other songs I've played, these are not broken into sections, so that you can learn passages in RR one at a time.  Especially for lead breaks. These are basically (no offense), one run-on sentence.  Imagine reading text books in school that  were just one big paragraph.........

My question is :   Is there a way, preferably simple, as I am intelligent, but not inclined to mess with code, to modify these .psarc files to break them into multiple sections?  I don't care about DD really, as I always go to 100% and then use RR to slow down the phrases.

Thank You.

12 answers to this question

The preferred way is to leave a message for the charter asking them to add sections.  That way it's updated for everybody.

I agree though, all songs should be broken up into proper sections, whether they're easy or not.

As a side note, I once wrote a 5 page run-on sentence while serving detention in high-school.  The teacher did not think it was as funny as I did.

The preferred way is to leave a message for the charter asking them to add sections.  That way it's updated for everybody.

I agree though, all songs should be broken up into proper sections, whether they're easy or not.

As a side note, I once wrote a 5 page run-on sentence while serving detention in high-school.  The teacher did not think it was as funny as I did.

I have done.. with no response..  that is why I was asking if there is a way I could do it :(

Try the Rocksmith tab-explorer mate; it's all broken down into intro, verse, ect.

You need Microsoft .net framework for it to run but it's worth it; It's a great tool.

You can find it on this site.

Did you mean this ?   https://github.com/Jamedjo/RSTabExplorer/releases It does open the .psarc files in question, and display the tab charts.  For some that is likely to be an invaluable tool.

For me, I've spent years trying to learn songs from tab, without success.  Thanks for the suggestion, but for me, its not what I'm looking for.

If Riff Repeater could be paused, slowed down and rewound to anyplace you need to have a go-over, without having to start over, or break a song into pieces......

If you want (or due to lacking support by the original charter, have to) edit something within a CDLC, there is always the option to unpack it with the EOF Toolkit, load up all the single parts in EOF, add the sections that you need, and repack everything.

I think it does work, even though I havn't tried it yet myself. So while it doesn't mean to "mess with code", there is still some effort necessary.

Did you chart a CDLC on your own yet? I would definitely recommend making one from scratch on your own first, in order to understand how everything works.

If Riff Repeater could be paused, slowed down and rewound to anyplace you need to have a go-over, without having to start over, or break a song into pieces......

Yeah, I'm dreaming about that, too...

Furthermore:

Try the Rocksmith tab-explorer mate; it's all broken down into intro, verse, ect.

You need Microsoft .net framework for it to run but it's worth it; It's a great tool.

You can find it on this site.

"Intro", "verse" etc. will only appear in Tab-Explorer if the charter created the sections with those names in the first place.

• Like 1

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

I have done.. with no response..  that is why I was asking if there is a way I could do it :(

Yeah, I know.  I've made a bunch of suggestions and requests for changes that never come about.  Some people care more about uploading content in quantity, and not quality.

There is off course a way to do it yourself, but it can be time consuming depending on the original work done.  You have to unpack the psarc file with the Toolkit, open the xml files in EoF, create the sections (which could cause conflicts) and then repack it.   It sounds fairly easy, but it isn't always.

I haven't had much success doing it myself, but I'm a Mac user and I'm never sure if the problems I run into are a result of the original cDLC file, or compatibility problems with the Mac versions of the Toolkit and EoF.  I'm giving consideration to buying a cheap Windows laptop so I can get into creating some customs myself.  

(For those who may mention it, I'm not a big fan of Bootcamp, Parallels, or Crossover.  My Macbook is a Mac, and I'd rather not sully it by putting Windows on it.   :P )

• Like 2

Hi,

These two songs have several sections inside.

DDC is able to correct some inconsistencies in the XML files.

Even if you don't want to use DD, try to generate DD with DDC on these psarc files (with a length phrase parameter greater or equal to 4).

RR may work after ...

If only you could do that with tabs...

You can, with Guitar Pro.  You can pause, rewind, and slow down any part of the tab.  You can also loop any section you want so you can repeat it as much as you like.  You can even use the "speed trainer" function and get the same functionality as Riff Repeater.

I know. That's why I said it. In a sarcastic/tongue-in-cheek tone. Guess that didn't go over well ;)

One day, somebody will invent a sarcastic font.... It should be like italics, except slanted the other way.  They could call it Sarcastica.

• Administrator

Well you can use the irony punctuation before creating a sacarstic font :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9b/Irony_mark_full.svg/116px-Irony_mark_full.svg.png

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity