EOF Keyboard not working

Hi Guys,

Trying to use EOF 1341. It won't allow me to use the keyboard. I cannot enter any text into textboxes, let alone use shortcuts. When i do press a key, the editor loses focus and i then cannot use the mouse until i alt+tab into it. I'm using a UK QWERTY, however i have tried changing my locale to US with no luck. Win 7 x64. Also tried a USB keyboard (Same UK QWERTY). 

Any ideas?

Thanks

Pu

When EOF has focus and you have opened a chart (ie. with the mouse), does the bottom-most line of text in the information panel change when you press keys? If not, there may be something uncommon with how your computer's keyboard is set up, this is the first time I've heard of this type of issue.

It's an odd one that's for sure. I've now moved EOF onto my gaming rig and it seems to work beautifully. The bottom line showing the ASCII codes for key presses does not move on my laptop. It just stays at "CTRL: ALT: SHIFT: CODE:0 ASCII:0 ('"

I guess the easiest solution is for me to buy a shiny new laptop ;-)

Thanks for the help

Pu

I had tried a USB keyboard. I have now managed to solve the problem, It was my fault (Thanks for your help and sorry for wasting your time). I use Synergy to move my mouse and keyboard between different PC's. Though EOF was running locally, Synergy was most likely hogging access to key presses. Killing the synergy service has rectified the issue.

Thanks again

Pu 

That definitely sounds like something that could have been part of it. In the past, other people noticed that software that redirects or intercepts keyboard input would prevent EOF from getting it. I can make a note of Synergy in the FAQ topic about this.