New Guitar Day! After a ten year wait, it's finally here!

Womac911

Ok, officially it was a few days ago...

I build guitar parts for a living. About ten years ago, one of my OEM buyers and I agreed to a trade. A bunch of my parts for one of his guitars.  This was a "Free Time" deal... as we had free time away from other orders, we'd do a bit of work one each others' stuff. We knew it would take a while.

It's a good thing I'm patient!

The guitar was finished almost exactly a year ago, but I found myself very busy and short on time to go get it from it's place in Victoria, BC, Canada. It was built by Heatley Guitars.

This weekend, a very short window of opportunity arose, and we took it. 

Now, some here may know about CITES and all that, so let me tell you, I was scared as hell crossing back through the Canada/US border with it, afraid customs would take it, and I'd never see it again.   If you don't know what CITES it, you'd better look it up before travellign with your axe. Basically, you need a passport for your guitar. 

Well, here it is. The axe I waited ten years for. It's remarkable. 

http://www.wolfetone.com/guitars/Heatleysmall1.jpg

http://www.wolfetone.com/guitars/Heatley.jpg

• Like 5