Transposing 7-String guitar GP track to a 6-String

Nacholede

Question

I really need some help with this. I'm trying to do a CDLC from Dream Theater that uses a 7-string guitar. So i need some kind of tutorial of how i can transpose a 7-string track to a 6-string without missing notes (or how i can do it the closest as possible). I got 2 that need that transposing: A Change of Seasons and The Shattered Fortress by Dream Theater

Hope you guys can help me! 

9A7alLl.jpg

4 answers to this question

The text colour you've used can't be read by people using the white theme unless they highlight it.

If you have GP6 you can use the string shift function in GP6. Shift up and Shift down under the note menu.

I use GP6 only for reading tabs. And i think i tried that and it didn't work 

9A7alLl.jpg

Did you highlight the notes you wanted to shift?

Also just remembered once you've moved the notes to 6 strings on the 7 string track, you need to create a new 6 string track and cut and paste into it.

Well, i was testing now and i found out a way to transpose the 7 string track into a 6 string on GP5. But some notes passed the fret number 24 (I'm testing this on The Shattered Fortress), i'll keep testing and see what i can get 

9A7alLl.jpg