video guide: How to use CDLC (PC)

stellarfirefly

Question

Originally posted on the Anvil, now linked here.   :)

----

I haven't yet seen a simple how-to-use CDLC video guide for RS2014 so I created one.  I hope that it's helpful to some.

PC only, because I don't have a Mac, PS3, or Xbox.

EDIT:  Once CustomsForge.com gets fully up and running, I'll probably make a new video that showcases here specifically to replace this old one that has Anvil-specific sequences.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Originally posted on the Anvil, now linked here.   :)

----

I haven't yet seen a simple how-to-use CDLC video guide for RS2014 so I created one.  I hope that it's helpful to some.

PC only, because I don't have a Mac, PS3, or Xbox.

EDIT:  Once CustomsForge.com gets fully up and running, I'll probably make a new video that showcases here specifically to replace this old one that has Anvil-specific sequences.

Ok so can I just use a cdlc made with cherub rock and then itll work ? I HAVE NOT purchased any dlc.

I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP BECAUSE IM A TOTAL IDIOT WHEN IT COMES TO THIS STUFF No matter what custom toolkit version i download it doesnt open the toolkit ive bought the dlc and ive downloaded cdlc but i do not know how to change the app ids for the songs by the way the dlc i bought was All I Want by A Day To Remember but seriously i need help because i just wanna start playing some Trivium and In Flames already

• Like 2

• Administrator

@@kilrath :

1-Download the latest version of the rocksmith toolkit here.

2-unpack it anywhere you want

3-lunch the RocksmithToolkitGUI.exe

4-click on the "Packer/Unpacker" tab

5-choose the DLC you bought in the "App ID Updater" (it should be Cherub Rock by default)

6-click on choose DLC

7-choose the CDLC you want to update with the new App ID

Should work.

@@Rumrunner24

If you haven't purchased any official DLC, the CDLC won't work with an official version of Rocksmith (Cherub Rock was available with all the preorder). You should at least buy one DLC to get the CDLC to work.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Sorry but you will have to purchase another official dlc that you like to get this to work. All I Want  by  A Day To Remember was just released March 18th and isn't included in the newest build of the toolkit's pull down menu yet.

(Newest build 2.6.0.0)

I dont get it.You keep saying cherub rock will fix it but then you guys are saying I have to change the app id for it to work so which one is it ? I have cherub rock and it DOES NOT WORK SO Im assuming I need to manually change the id of every cdlc I have.Is this correct ? I dont mean to sound like an ass but this is getting very frustrating.Any help is greatly appreciated.

Same issue as many others it seems.

followed instructions to the letter.

using patcher and dx.dll

i converted the custom dlc with the tool.  checked to make sure my settings were the same as the video.

i try starting via patcher (then game exe which is then patched), i try via steam app, i try via regular exe.

i start up fine.  songs play in list and have cover art.

i choose one, the options appear. i try one and i try none.

i tune up fine. go to the speaker screen and then nothing. guitar plays through but game is unresponsive. have to window key to desktop and kill the game.

thank you for your time and patience.  mine are wearing quite thin.

i can get songs 

I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP BECAUSE IM A TOTAL IDIOT WHEN IT COMES TO THIS STUFF No matter what custom toolkit version i download it doesnt open the toolkit ive bought the dlc and ive downloaded cdlc but i do not know how to change the app ids for the songs by the way the dlc i bought was All I Want by A Day To Remember but seriously i need help because i just wanna start playing some Trivium and In Flames already

on game....but they wont play

i can get songs 

I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP BECAUSE IM A TOTAL IDIOT WHEN IT COMES TO THIS STUFF No matter what custom toolkit version i download it doesnt open the toolkit ive bought the dlc and ive downloaded cdlc but i do not know how to change the app ids for the songs by the way the dlc i bought was All I Want by A Day To Remember but seriously i need help because i just wanna start playing some Trivium and In 

i can get they on game....but they wont play