PlayStation network to Steam. Can I get my RS1 songs downloaded?

Biotat

Question

I did look and search for the answer for this question before I posted it.

I bought Rock Smith 1 and RS 2014 on PS3. My PS3 hard drive crapped out so after reading about CDLC I decided to DL the PC version. I would like to recover the songs I bought on the PlayStation Network (UbiSoft?) and have the ability to DL the songs from RS 1. 

Is this possible and if so how exactly would I pull that off. I am missing the ability to play Run to the Hills and several other favorites.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

3 answers to this question

Without buying your DLC for PC, there's no legal way to get it.  When you bought the DLC for ps3, you paid for the licenses for that platform only.  Licenses aren't transferable.  

However, if you purchase RS1 and the Song Import Tool, you can import them all (except 2 tracks) into RS2014.  There's also a weird error/issue with Steam where it won't let you purchase any DLC originally released for RS1 (so anything released prior to Oct. 22, 2013) without purchasing RS1 through Steam first.  I'm not sure why, since all DLC is RS2014 compatible, but that's the way it works.

Make sure you read the rules for this site as well, which are here: http://customsforge.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Thanks for the information Wepeel. I guess i need to start looking at the cost of the RS 1 software. Too many good songs on there not to spend the money.

I have the rules for this site a few times. I even checked before I posted the question. I have no desire to "cheat" the system.

I am on here it seems like constantly since I am trying my hand at creating CDLC myself. That is a process I am not sure I have the patience for. I thought it would be nice to have Cowboy Mouth "Jenny Says" and Filter "Hey Man Nice Shot" but it seems no matter what trick or software I use the BPM is off and I have to move almost every note, and that is just with the bass lines. I am not even going to attempt the Guitar parts since I am a bass play and make ridiculous attempts at the 6 string.

Thanks for the information Wepeel. I guess i need to start looking at the cost of the RS 1 software. Too many good songs on there not to spend the money.

I have the rules for this site a few times. I even checked before I posted the question. I have no desire to "cheat" the system.

I am on here it seems like constantly since I am trying my hand at creating CDLC myself. That is a process I am not sure I have the patience for. I thought it would be nice to have Cowboy Mouth "Jenny Says" and Filter "Hey Man Nice Shot" but it seems no matter what trick or software I use the BPM is off and I have to move almost every note, and that is just with the bass lines. I am not even going to attempt the Guitar parts since I am a bass play and make ridiculous attempts at the 6 string.

You missed the big summer sale for RS and RS2014, but it may come up again towards the end of the season.  And I only mentioned the rules to try and help avoid saying the whole "you can't talk about piracy here" thing.  A lot of times just by saying that the conversation goes down that road anyway.

I struggle with making customs as well, but I'm a Mac user and have a whole different set of frustrations, along with not being able to get everything to sync properly.  There are a couple of tutorials, and video tutorials that explain some of the different methods charters use to do their work and they're all PC based so you might find some help there.  

The biggest trick that has helped me so far is remembering to set the BPM for the song inside EoF BEFORE you import the tab.  If you're using GP tabs the BPM is usually listed at the top of the first page, and again at the top of any page where it changes throughout the song.  If you set the starting BPM before you import the tab the first part of the song is at least synced (usually, but not always).

And to help hold you over, LiquidLizard has posted a nice version of "Hey Man, Nice Shot" that has bass in it, if you're interested:

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/hey-man-nice-shot-r5720

I've never played the bass track, so I can't vouch for it though.