Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 18

Kaijin

Nice job richomat I tried playing this song again last night and my hand would just cramp up and not let me play it right. I need to figure out a way to stop my hand from cramping while doing these bends. I have the same issue with songs that have too many bar chords I can't take the hand cramps. 

richomat I have tried many different positions for the guitar lol even putting the neck up almost to my face I guess my positioning may still be wrong I will have to check and see how most people hold their guitars and compare it to myself. This has always been a issue for me while learning to play and still to this day. Its also one of the reasons I stopped playing guitar for years. 

I am not having much fun with my guitar lately its showing its cheapness and putting me off playing guitar for a while till I can get a better guitar.

But the best I can manage with it for now. :(

http://i60.tinypic.com/2ntzfhe.jpg

I will tell you what's wrong and you will accept this information.

And you still think a telecaster is a beginner's guitar? I'm just so confused.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Telecaster_players

Telecasters are great and versatile guitars. But I had problems with it in this specific song. Since it has only 21 frets and in the solo there are many notes and bends at the 22nd fret I did not manage do get that section purple.

Ignore my comment about it being a beginner guitar I spoke incorrectly. I meant that guitars with less than 22 frets limit you with certain songs as is apparent with this particular song. Personally I prefer guitars with 24 frets.

A small guitar with 21 frets is very nice to play. If what you are playing doesn´t require more its perfect.

In 94 when i bought my first expensive guitar it was quite an investment for me. I was still a student, had to take a job for a while to get money and i tried to make the best choice i could.

One of the guitars i liked back then was Ibanez JS. The arm was great and just perfet for me. But it had only 22 frets and i wanted a 24 frets guitar.

Never played one of those Ibanez since then but i still remember and miss that guitar, 

Some years later i realized a 22 frets guitar or 21 are great to play and you actually don´t need more than that 90% of the time. i still enjoy to play my first guitar, a cheap Maison with 21 frets that i heavly upgraded in the 90´s

(But i have 3 24 frets guitars in my colection)

Let´s Rock

Just played once through Money on Bass without Riff Repeating before. I have to say the intermediate song is much more challenging on Bass then the masterclass song. On the masterclass song I got 97% on the first run. I played Money on a real Bass (like Wolf&Raven too) and I think that on emulated I could have gotten at least 5% more, since I'm not used to the large fret spacing on the bass.

I don't believe I belong into Masterclass at Bass since I haven't played much Bass before this Championships. But due to the 3x90% or 1x98% rule everyone get's moved into masterclass after a few weeks.

http://i.imgur.com/YuHZ5XC.jpg

@@richomat were pretty lax on that rule here as that would have put me in Masterclass back on Smithy. Certain songs are easier than others and some people who have been put in MC class by that rule (myself included) still cannot handle most MC songs so we let everyone play what they are comfortable playing. If a MC song is to difficult for you and the Intermediate song is a challenge still then by all means play what is more fun for you. After all we are all here to have fun and not bang our heads against a wall on songs that we still cannot play.